Which LSD setting fixes peg leg?

  • Thread starter Thread starter careface
  • 16 comments
  • 1,933 views
Messages
107
United States
AZ
Initial Torque or Acceleration Sensitivity? And lower or higher? The in-game description for the settings is terrible.
 
What is peg leg?
 
When the wheel with the least grip gets all the power, resulting in one black mark instead of two, and its a lot harder to control/predict
 
Acceleration sensitivity higher should stop peg leg (I call it 1wheel peel) 👍
 
Hmm. I've never heard that term before. I just thought that was called an open diff burnout. Interesting. But yes, increasing the acceleration sensitivity will cause the lsd to kick in at startup, giving you a proper burnout.
 
Peg Leg!
1 wheel peel..
1 tire fire..

All are terms used to describe a open differential. 👍
 
what about Initial Torque my LSD is 20,40,5 should I set it to 40,40,5 for posi traction
 
what about Initial Torque my LSD is 20,40,5 should I set it to 40,40,5 for posi traction

If you want full lock (drift cars) set it to 60/60/12 (the "12" can be whatever you prefer that doesn't lock one wheel under hard braking.)
 
I've read that 7 or 8 is the lowest effective setting on the adjustable LSD. I could be mistaken.

My guess was simply based on the fact that I've seen quite a few tunes on here where some of the LSD settings are set to the minimum of 5.
 
For all intents and purposes, absolute minimum and absolute maximum initial torque values are open and locked, respectively. There are those who claim they can feel a difference between 5 and 6 or 59 and 60, but I think they're full of it. From what I've experienced, having the initial torque set to the extremes also voids nearly all benefit from the acceleration and braking sensitivity values, so unless your aim is either the full open or full locked (and it may be in some cases, I lock my diff for drift cars), you should avoid those initial torque values.
 
What car are you having the inside tire spin?
 
For all intents and purposes, absolute minimum and absolute maximum initial torque values are open and locked, respectively. There are those who claim they can feel a difference between 5 and 6 or 59 and 60, but I think they're full of it. From what I've experienced, having the initial torque set to the extremes also voids nearly all benefit from the acceleration and braking sensitivity values, so unless your aim is either the full open or full locked (and it may be in some cases, I lock my diff for drift cars), you should avoid those initial torque values.

For some odd reason, I thought this only applied to GT4? :dunce:

So you're saying that if an LSD is set to 5/5/5 and driven, and then you set it to 5/40/20 (for example), there will be no difference in how the car handles, because initial is set to 5 (open)...? Really? This seems to go against a lot of tunes I've seen on here. :sly:

Btw, not arguing, just curious to see why the differing opinion. LSD setting has always been a thorn in my side.
 
Back