Which of the tracks in GT3 really do exist?

• Thread starter Balthazza
  • 331 comments
hey guys!
i thought i found a detailed map of the highway systems in Odaiba or watever its called and some corners looked familiar.....unfortunately, i forgot to make a note of the site and when i came back my computer had done a maintanance run and deleted all my history 🤬 :banghead: :dunce: wat a nob.
srry....i really thought i had something.

aeon263
hey guys!
i thought i found a detailed map of the highway systems in Odaiba or watever its called and some corners looked familiar.....unfortunately, i forgot to make a note of the site and when i came back my computer had done a maintanance run and deleted all my history 🤬 :banghead: :dunce: wat a nob.
srry....i really thought i had something.

Well, keep looking aeon, and err, that three letter word is what the censored smile is for... You've used it once, use it again...

Sorry to resurrect this...AGAIN...but I am almost certain that Apricot Hill is real. I have the original Formula One for PS1 and I remember the exact map, except rotated differently. I will check later tonight to make sure. If I still have the game....might've sold it along with a bunch of other games to get my PS2 :ouch:

Actually, I'm kind of glad someone resurrected this.

In GT4, the tracks are split into "Real Circuits" (or "World Circuits"), where the circuit exists in real life, "Dirt & Snow", where the circuits are made-up, "Original Circuits", where the circuits are made-up and "City Course", where the circuits are made up from existing city streets.

In amongst the City Course tracks - Tokyo R246, Seattle, Hong Kong, Opera Paris, Seoul - is Special Stage Route 5 (and Clubman Stage Route 5)...

🤬 I was wrong. I swear I've seen it before! But Suzuka and Monaco were both on there (duh) 👍. And get this...I don't have the game anymore, but I do remember NASCAR '98 having Suzuka East, although it was pretty flat. Hey, maybe we should start another one of these threads for GT4! :D

Edit: Just because Route 5 is in the City Course section, it doesn't mean it's from a real city. You can't come to that conclusion because there are no city courses in Original Circuits. If there were one, we could assume the Route 5 is real. Also, for the Dirt & Snow circuits, I'm sure these roads/paths are not real. However, they still are categorized as Dirt & Sow rather than Original.

That aside, if CS/SS Route 5 were NOT based on real streets, it'd be the only track in that section which isn't...

I'm not drawing the conclusion that it IS real because of where it is, but that it might be because all the others around it are... Does that make sense?

Famine
That aside, if CS/SS Route 5 were NOT based on real streets, it'd be the only track in that section which isn't...

I'm not drawing the conclusion that it IS real because of where it is, but that it might be because all the others around it are... Does that make sense?
Are you certain Seattle is real ?...... :odd:

Well, it's based upon real streets - as all of the other City Courses are (unless SSR5 is a bizarre exception). I think bobkart drove round it and either videoed it or took snaps. And you can overlay the track easily on top of the road map for the area.

My opinion on SSR5- I think its real. It reminds me of a Tokyo, Japan type of place, and also I keep thinking ive seen apricot hill somewhere. 💡

kensei
So yes the streets of San Diego where they have the LBGP IS a "race course".

Uhhh... the "Long Beach" Grand Prix is in Long Beach, not San Diego. Not intended as a flame or anything. Just thought I'd point that out.

Great thread, though. I read the whole thing!

Here is a pic of the Yokohama Bay Bridge:
yokohama_bay_bridge.jpg

В переводе с японского языка Минато Мираи означает "Порт будущего". Проект этого района возник еще в 60-х годах 20 века. Но воплощение в жизнь началось в начале 80-х годов. В середине 90-х годов строительство в Минато Мираи шло особенно активно. В 1993 году к 10-летней годовщине основания Минато Мираи было закончено строительство символа Йокогамы - небоскреба Landmark Tower. Далее каждый год сдавались в эксплуатацию все новые и новые здания, в которых находились офисы крупнейших японских корпораций и деловые центры, отели, торговые, развлекательные, выставочные комплексы, в и т.п. Сегодня облик Минато Мираи практически сформировался, но район продолжает развиваться.

coud someone translate this for me?

Here goes my crappy russian:
Translated from the Japanese language Minato Of mirai indicates the "port of future". The project of this region arose even in the 60's of 20 centuries. But embodiment into the life began in the beginning of the 80th it was annual. In the middle of the 90th it is annual building into Minato Of mirai it went especially actively. In 1993 to the 10-year anniversary of base Minato Of mirai was finished the building of the symbol of the Yokohamas - skyscraper Landmark Tower. Further each year were built in the operation newer and newer buildings, in which were located the offices of the largest Japanese corporations and business centers, hotels, commercial, entertaining, exhibition complexes, in and the like today the appearance Minato Of mirai practically was formed, but region continues to be developed.

That was my crappy Russian....

*thinks about taking Russian language classes again...*

Electric.......
Here goes my crappy russian:
Translated from the Japanese language Minato Of mirai indicates the "port of future". The project of this region arose even in the 60's of 20 centuries. But embodiment into the life began in the beginning of the 80th it was annual. In the middle of the 90th it is annual building into Minato Of mirai it went especially actively. In 1993 to the 10-year anniversary of base Minato Of mirai was finished the building of the symbol of the Yokohamas - skyscraper Landmark Tower. Further each year were built in the operation newer and newer buildings, in which were located the offices of the largest Japanese corporations and business centers, hotels, commercial, entertaining, exhibition complexes, in and the like today the appearance Minato Of mirai practically was formed, but region continues to be developed.

That was my crappy Russian....

*thinks about taking Russian language classes again...*

Hey---, Nice Russian. It was all correct since I know some russian. But what does that have to do with the tracks, sorry for the OT.

I know it might seem stupid to bring this back up, but is it possible the Test Track is real?
tt12lo.jpg

tt20wp.jpg

Our member, Plums on FC.com, was searching for Tsukuba, and found this.

pedrodaman
some good layouts there it would interesting to see if someone can come up with the tokyo circuits

If this rumor of R246 is a layout of streets then it might be possible that route 5 and R11 are also layouts

could this be possible??

;)

I don't have time to see if anyone else has said this, but Tokyo R246, and both the Special Stages are only BASED on real life roads. They don't exist in real life. Only Laguna Seca and Cote D'Azur do. Tsukuba from GT4 is real, but Test Course is not a real track, as there are too many ovals is the world.

xjr-9

Back