Which one is your favorite Gran Tourismo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexxoux
  • 89 comments
  • 4,586 views

which Gran Turismo is best for you?

  • GT1

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • GT 2

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • GT 3

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • GT 4

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • GT 5

    Votes: 6 40.0%

  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
Messages
174
Greece
Greece
Messages
alexxoux
after reaching level 33 A-Spec, i m thinking that my best gran turismo is the 4th. so i decided to ask all you people your opinion.
So, which of the GT series you have played and which one is your best?
i ve played GT3 100% complete, GT4 100% complete and now GT5.
 
Last edited:
2 or 3 for me after that they went downhill abit, as did the intro movies and music too :indiff:
 
GT1. How can it not be the best?
 
GT4 followed by GT2, GT1, GT3. GT5 doesn't belong in the same sentence with those quality games.
 
i played only GT4 and GT5 and for me is GT4 better then GT5. because it has more A-spec events to do.
 
i played only GT4 and GT5 and for me is GT4 better then GT5. because it has more A-spec events to do.
exactly...👍👍
 
GT2, followed by GT3.

No other game (except maybe GTA:SA) has swallowed as much of my life as those two did.
 
GT2 is still my fav. But with on-line Gt5 is rapidly coming up close.

As a single player game, GT5 is probably the worst of the series apart from GT PSP.
 
GT1, theres an after and before that game, i recall it like was yesterday
 
For me it's a tie between 3 and 4. 3 is where my driving skills really started to solidify and 4 is where I fell in love with monstrous race cars and photomode. In tourist trophy and 4 I would run races just so I could throw the replay into photomode.
 
I played Gran Turismo 4 for over 4 years. The game cost me £40 on release day. I've never seen value for money like that before or since with a computer game.

In order:

GT4, GT1, GT3, GT2 and WAY down the scale..... GT5.
 
I think for me it has to be GT3, with GTPSP and GT Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva as runners up.

Although I probably spent the most time with GT4, it just wasn't as memorable for me as the others.
 
My top 3 are:

1. GT5 - I'm finding it to be a lot more enjoyable than the previous games, despite all the problems it may have right now.

2. GT4 - Played it for years. Even though the game itself was pretty much done, the GTP tuning scene kept me playing.

3. GT2 - I just loved the huge range of cars. I still believe GT2 has a better car list than any other GT so far. I still play it sometimes.
 
GT2 for me. Had GT1 on import when it first came out and GT2 just seemed to be perfect. Apart from that scratch'n'sniff disc.
Played 3 and 4 a lot, but they didn't grip me like 1 and 2. GT5 has got me back in to it though, love it. The trading, the seasonals and even this forum have made it great again.
 
* Turismo.

Why do so many people spell this game title wrong? Grand Turismo, Gran Tourismo or the complete Grand Tourismo crop up all too often.
 
If we were just talking about the single-player portion of the game, GT5 would probably be dead last on my list. I'm not overly impressed by the AI, there's no save feature for enduro/championship races, b-spec mode is a simplified game of Tamagotchi, and car/cash/exp rewards for high-tier races are awful. In terms of completeness, GT5 feels like it was around 75% at release.

Having online multiplayer, however, makes it first on my list. I stopped playing single-player awhile ago. The last 40-50 hours I've played have been online (racing in 2 leagues) and I've absolutely LOVED every minute of it. For all of it's faults, online mode is the greatest single addition to the GT franchise. It extends the life of the game tremendously. When you've reached your point of "dimishing returns" in single-player (where the time invested no longer meets your expectations), it breathes new life into it.

So, yes, GT5 gets the #1 spot on my list, but for an entirely different reason than past GT games.
 
GT5.

Haters gon' Hate.

Rest in order:

GT2
GT4
GTPSP
GTHD
GT5P
GT4P
GTC (All three)
GT1
 
I think that probably GT2 kept my attention the longest, though a lot of that was due to hybrid possibilities. Similarly GT3 to a lesser extent due to the shortness of the car list. I would think that the original would fit in the list with GT3.

GT4 was responsible for my purchase of a Japanese (Asian) slim PS3. With the various releases I was probably playing it for around 6 months.

I am not sure where GT5 will figure in this, I want to get every car in the game, but I suspect my interest may have waned somewhat before I get to that point. I think so far I have managed getting on for 650 of them.

The inbetween games were just something to keep my interest but were not a serious contender for my time. including the PSP game.
 
I bought GT4 and GT5 on the release dates, i have barely played GT4, but i'm playing GT5 a lot. so that one.
 
Grand Turismo 1
Grand Turismo 2
Grand Turismo 3
Hard to pick one
but to stay with the TC
Grand Turismo 1
 
everyones always going to look back and remember the good times with the older games even though, they had slight problems too
 
I love GT2 JP version, i miss grinding out redrock ; )
 
GT3 👍

I really miss Complex String...
 
Last edited:
i dont know why they took out the racing paintjobs you could put onto your car in the early gt's that was just brilliant.
 
1. GT4 - I'm going to pull the PS2 out of moth balls just for this game.

2. GT - Was so different at the time nothing compared to it.

3. GT2 - Probably the best car selection of all the games

4. GT3 - I honestly remember anything about this one and wasn't to concerned when my cousin broke the disk.

5. GT5 and it's not even in the same category as the previous four and feels like it's taken a step backwards. actually looking forward to Shift2 :(
 
just because I have to pick:

GT3/5 are in my top tier - the generation jump for each made a huge difference, increasing and/or exploring new types of content.

GT1/2 in the next tier - they are classics, and revolutionized racing games. still 2 of the best ever made.

never played 4, so I can't rate it but I'm probably going to go re-purchase a PS2 just to play it.
 
Ha, this is too easy to answer. GT4 all the way. Then GT2 and then GT3. For what it gave, I even liked GT5P better than GT5. And yes GT5 took several steps backwards. It didn't meet its expectation of not only myself, most on here, but I am sure it didn't even meet Kaz's expectations for what he really wanted to release. Without pressure I am sure this game would have taken another year or so, outdating it everyday that it wouldn't release.
 
Back