Which one is your favorite Gran Tourismo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexxoux
  • 89 comments
  • 4,586 views

which Gran Turismo is best for you?

  • GT1

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • GT 2

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • GT 3

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • GT 4

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • GT 5

    Votes: 6 40.0%

  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
I remember getting GT1 on import and trying to guess what the hell everything did!!!

As far as favourites go it is a close call between GT2 and GT3. GT4 was a great game but not as good as the previous titles. Now GT5 is clearly the best in terms of driving physics but the game itself is just lacking too much to be considered as the best.
 
I've played them all and I think GT4 gave me the most enjoyment and play time, followed by GT3.
 
I'll mimic what Enzo Ferrari replied when someone asked him which was his prefered car : "the next one !".
Technically speaking, GT5 is better than GT4, which was far better than GT3.......etc. So I guess GT6 will be again better......and this trend will continue, hopefully.

Best regards,

Snypa
 
GT4 I think was the best over all.

I really liked GT5:P for it online car point system. Pick out and maxing out a 500, 600 or 700 point car made for some unreal even races. Best i have had so far. The seems to be no checks and balances like that in GT5's online racing.
 
gt4 was amazing. but gt3 wins it. i mean the noice when you press the back button was legandary man
 
GT5.

Haters gon' Hate.

Rest in order:

GT2
GT4
GTPSP
GTHD
GT5P
GT4P
GTC (All three)
GT1

But being able to prioritize the rest basically makes YOU a 'hater' by your own definition. I would be willing to bet, while you were playing GT4, that any criticism of it got the same knee jerk response from you, yet here you are, putting GT2 ahead of it. That makes you a hater!

You know, when YOU are the only one marching out of step, it's a bit arrogant to say the no, you are the ONLY one marching in step and everybody ELSE is the one getting it wrong...:sly:
 
You know, when YOU are the only one marching out of step, it's a bit arrogant to say the no, you are the ONLY one marching in step and everybody ELSE is the one getting it wrong...:sly:

I see you as the only one in this thread shouting and pointing out flaws in other members' judgment. Shinzah didn't start an argument with anyone else within this thread either, I believe he's merely pointing out that GT2 isn't really a popular choice, given that it's 10 years old, and this is the the GT5 section of the forums. So I suggest you cut out the crap attitude and ease away from the keyboard, before we give you reason to leave GTPlanet for good.

Anyhow, GT2 is my favorite...see how many posts I have there for proof: It's the first one I played for any serious length of time, and oddly, it's also the one I can pick up and play for just 5-10 minutes, when time permits. :)
 
Last edited:
gt4 was amazing. but gt3 wins it. i mean the noice when you press the back button was legandary man

Yes. I can still hear it now.👍:dopey: It almost made the impending loading screen a bit more bearable!!!! :lol:
 
I see you as the only one in this thread shouting and pointing out flaws in other members' judgment. Shinzah didn't start an argument with anyone else within this thread either, I believe he's merely pointing out that GT2 isn't really a popular choice, given that it's 10 years old, and this is the the GT5 section of the forums. So I suggest you cut out the crap attitude and ease away from the keyboard, before we give you reason to leave GTPlanet for good.

Anyhow, GT2 is my favorite... :)

Shinzah called those that dislike the game compared to previous iterations (or have ANY criticism of it - he's done this on innumerable threads) 'HATERS'...

If that isn't confrontational, and flaming, to be honest, perhaps you could point out the difference?
 
GT5 is the first GT for the PS3, it's in the same league as GT1 and GT2.

I can be 100% sure that GT6 will be better than these.
 
Shinzah called those that dislike the game compared to previous iterations (or have ANY criticism of it - he's done this on innumerable threads) 'HATERS'...

If that isn't confrontational, and flaming, to be honest, perhaps you could point out the difference?

Back it up with proof before entering a public argument and get over yourself.
 
GT5. It may not be perfect but it is still absolutely awesome. 👍

Followed by: GT4, fantastic game, with a fantastic range of cars and events, plus I loved the menu layout. Then GT2, first Gran Turismo I had, was pretty epic, from what I can remember, especially the tracks! :D
 
Gran Turismo 4 and 5 are by far my favorites of the series.
 
For me GT4. Ok nostalga kicks in and 1 & 2 have a special place in my heart. I didnt like 3 TBH. I think it was a new title on the PS2 and they didnt push the hardware enough. I thought the draw distance was terrible. It was as if every corner was blind unless you were 50ft away.

All this said Ive only been using a wheel since GT5_P. Compared to that and the Forza games with a MS wheel. GT5 Physics OWN! If a few more things get fixed in GT5 then It would leapfrog the rest by a large margin. Im not gonna say what I want fixed since Ive already posted in numerous other threads on the subject! Just that if we keep getting updates then I think GT5 will take the crown for me!
 
I've only played the main releases:

1. GT5
2. GT4
3. GT3
4. GT2
5. GT1

I love all five, however, and I find myself returning to each of them. I especially see myself playing 3 and 4 through again now that I have a wheel.
 
I unashamedly play a lot of driving games, from pole position onwards I've loved them.
I remember been blown away by GT1, but the 'racing' was lacking. (My all time favourite racing game is ToCA 2 for the PS1. Dynamic weather on all tracks, 16 car racing, Awesome AI [Mistakes, aggression etc], cockpit view... not bad for a PS1 game!)

The only GT game I didn't get was GT2... Reading these forums I feel like I missed out!

GT3 again was graphically good, loved the Toyota GT-One in this game as well as the wet Special stage and complex string.

I played GT4 the longest, also the first GT I played with a wheel so that may of extended the joy. Introduced me to the Nurburgring too.

GT5 is really good, just lacks the little things that make a good game great.

If history is anything to go by then GT6 should be the best yet.
 
GT4 was my favorite, simply because there was so much more to do.
 
But being able to prioritize the rest basically makes YOU a 'hater' by your own definition. I would be willing to bet, while you were playing GT4, that any criticism of it got the same knee jerk response from you, yet here you are, putting GT2 ahead of it. That makes you a hater!

You know, when YOU are the only one marching out of step, it's a bit arrogant to say the no, you are the ONLY one marching in step and everybody ELSE is the one getting it wrong...:sly:

Like I said, haters gon' hate.

I can prioritize the rest because I can list them how I enjoyed them which is the point of the thread, yet your gonna hate on me for that and turn yet another thread into a GT5 bash thread of which there are five freakin' billion on this forum.

I have complaints about GT5. And GT4, GT3, GT2, GT1, all of them really. I even have some complains about the GT BMW Demo disk.

I like GT5 more then 4 and 2. And you assume I think everyone else is wrong because of it, and say all these hatefull things about me without looking at yourself.
 
I think GT4 is my favourite. I played it before GT5 was released to practise the tracks (little did I know quite a lot of them wouldn't make it into GT5) and saw a leaderboard time on my memory card from 2005. If I've been playing it that long I can't argue with that really.

I really liked GT2 too, so many events, cars and tracks.

GT5 is good but I really feel PD expected most people to play online so made the offline single player mode quite small which is a shame. There is just no incentive to get different types of car, with over 1000 to choose from I was expecting lots of different events that really made you drive different types of cars from different eras but it doesn't really have a flow to it. Why they invented the PP system for GT5P then scrapped it is a mystery to me. It is great for online racing, you pick a slow car but can have good grip and boost the power a bit or a faster car with less grip and/or power and it leveled things out. We all know certain cars in GT5 cannot beat others no matter how good you are and online to me seems more like a lottery and pretty confusing to be honest.
 
GT5. Best physics, best online. It's the best game for me.

Since other people seem to have lists

1.GT5
2.GT5P
3.GT3
4.GT4
5.GT1, GT2

GT4 only beats 1 and 2 because PS2 allowed better physics.

NBH
GT5 is good but I really feel PD expected most people to play online

I still can't see why that would be the case. Online started with no regulations, and even now there is no PP. All the cars are in GT Life, they're overpriced, and there is a level system to keep you from buying them for no reason. Online wasn't the focus of GT5 at all.
 
Last edited:
Now that I think of it, GT3 and GT4 kicked butt not only in terms of events, tracks, and cars, but also in terms of their soundtracks. GT1 gets a point for being first in the series, yet GT2 had unique tracks and one-time cars in the game. GT5 has online play.

It's a tie between them all.
 
Undoubtedly GT4.

IMO it towers above rest.
 
1. GT4
2. GT5
3. GT3
4. GT2
5. GT1

GT5 has better physics, better graphics but GT4 had better progression throughout the game, more events and you didnt have to do the 24h hour races alone - you could do them with bob. I also liked the menu more in GT4 and the new tracks (especially el capitan)
I am at lvl 34 in GT5 and the grinding is killing the game for me
 
Last edited:
1. Gt5
2. Gt2
3.Gt4
4. Gt1
5.Gt3

^that´s my opinion but I love all of them :)
 
4, 5, 2, 3, 1.

1 is only last as I have not played it for years, and it's the shortest of the series. Well was for me anyway.
 
In terms of enjoyment:

1. GT3
2. GT1
3. GT4
4. GT2
5. GT5
 
u spelt it wrong?
 
GT5, but only with v1.05. I've had GT2-GT4 aswell as one of the GT Concept games.

If it wasn't for being connected online to get v1.05, GT3 would be on top then GT2 would be next.
 
Well let me put it that way...

Right now my favorite is GT5

Back in the '05 was GT4

In '01 was GT3

In the year 2000 was GT2

In '97 was GT1

I think i answer your question...:dopey:
 
Back