Which one is your favorite Gran Tourismo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexxoux
  • 89 comments
  • 4,586 views

which Gran Turismo is best for you?

  • GT1

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • GT 2

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • GT 3

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • GT 4

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • GT 5

    Votes: 6 40.0%

  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
It would be hard not to say GT5. While it may not have lived up to all the hype, it's still better than any other GT. The physics, graphics, online etc. are all better than most games out there. Sure the AI is crap, A-spec is crap and there are a few graphic/sound bugs but they are all at least a small step above GT4 (although I think the AI is GT5P was better).

Then I remember GT2 being my first GT game and I loved it, and I also loved GT3.

So I'll stick with GT5 even though I was a little disappointed after having high expectations (but I guess I can only blame myself for that)

Edit: Also if I had to go on initial impressions, I would have to say GT5P. I was blown away when it was released, which probably goes a little way to explaining why I was disappointed by GT5
 
I started with GT3:

GT4
GT3
GT5

But GT5 obviously is not done. 2 years from now, GT5 may live up to what most were expecting.
 
GT1 - Got me started.
GT4 - Great depth and character.
GT5 - Just stunning. Makes up for what it lacks in many ways,
GT3 - Lots to do, kept me going through early teen years.
GT2 - Least favourite, just didn't click with it. Though, I could still find positives in it.
 
GT3 was still in my opinion the best game ever made for the PS2. It's THE ONLY reason I even bought the PS2 and that game changed the way everyone looked at racing games from then on... it was by far the most ground breaking of the GT series.
 
GT3 👍

I really miss Complex String...

very good point. if there were two things that i wish PD would eventually add on to this game it would be complex string and the BMW M1.
 
GT5. The series just feels more alive and meaningful with online features. The old formula used in GT4 felt too isolated for a 2004 game and that killed it for me.

And the physics are so satisfying in GT5. :)
 
My order:
1) GT2 - the ability to put racing mods on virtually anything + the tracks.
2) GT5 - physics and range of cars.
3) GT3 - first one I got 100% on and introduced me to online racing (plus it's the time I joined forums and started spreading my nonsense around the world!)
4) GT1 - played this late (post GT3) so missed out on the 'first release' excitement. :(
5) GT Concept 2001: Tokyo - great little teaser and filled time waiting for a new release.

I never played GT4, wrong time of my life - too busy for gaming. How good was GT4 compared to GT5 (apart from the obvious PS2>PS3 differences)?

EDIT: Just remembered, GT2 gets an extra vote for the scratch-n-sniff disc!
 
Last edited:
1. Gt5
2. Gt2
3. Gt3
4. Gt5:p
5. Gt4
 
GT4
GT2
GT3
GT1
GT5

Like I said, haters gon' hate.

I can prioritize the rest because I can list them how I enjoyed them which is the point of the thread, yet your gonna hate on me for that and turn yet another thread into a GT5 bash thread of which there are five freakin' billion on this forum.

I have complaints about GT5. And GT4, GT3, GT2, GT1, all of them really. I even have some complains about the GT BMW Demo disk.

I like GT5 more then 4 and 2. And you assume I think everyone else is wrong because of it, and say all these hateful things about me without looking at yourself.

Perhaps the term "haters" & "hateful" things are not appropriate, don't you think? We're all fans of the GT series here and these were honest criticisms.

Yes, I also had some complaints about GT4 and the rest, but you know what? They were fun games that I enjoyed playing the heck out of. All in all, these games are about having fun per dollar & GT5 is the worst out of them all.

Feel free to have your own opinion, that's fine. This is a forum after all, but to call those who disagree with you "haters." That's just plain inappropriate.
 
5, but only because there can be no going back to any of the earlier ones now we are here - 1 for wow factor when playing, you can beat the first.
 
GT2, if only for Red Rock Valley Speedway.

For those that own all five major GT release titles, go back and race at High Speed Ring once in each game in order, and observe the huge evolution of the track. It's amazing.

I can't even imagine how spectacular Red Rock Valley would look now, had PD had the good sense to keep the track and cultivate it.
 
GT3 was my favorite because of the hybrids. Spent years making cars and swapping parts in that game.

GT4 was pretty good too but just didnt pull me in like GT3 did. I ended up spending more time in the photo mode in that game. GT2 was also a very good game. GT5 is a massive unfinished disappointment in many ways. It was a christmas present so I guess free isnt too bad. But I personally never would have paid $60.00 for GT5, no way. And thats coming from a long time GT fan.
 
5, 4, 3, 2, 1. I've found each iteration to be more enjoyable than the last.

The only way GT5 could rank last is if you asked the question "which game lived up to its expectations the best?

In that poll, GT4 would rank first and GT5 last.
 
My fav was always GT3, I can't say about GT5 yet, but I think in years to come GT5 will go down as my fav.

GT1 I played a lot, GT2 I don't really remember much about but I know I played a lot of it, GT3 I fell in love with and look back with so much good memories. GT4 came out at the wrong time for me (I was into the 360 at this time), and I played it for a few hrs but never really got into it. GT5 I have been playing every day since it came out, loving it.
 
GT5 is the first GT for the PS3, it's in the same league as GT1 and GT2.

I can be 100% sure that GT6 will be better than these.

Are you really sure GT6 will be better? With today's advancements GT5 was suppose to do what your saying being above the rest but did it.........

But GT5 obviously is not done. 2 years from now, GT5 may live up to what most were expecting.

The others couldn't be updated so that's not fair to include updates for GT5. 2 years from now, the game will really be outdated unless they can stay on top with patches and DLC. At some point they will stop and focus more on GT6.
 
Last edited:
GT3, the physics were just something else compared to 1,2,4.
 
I've only played GT2, GT4 and now GT5.

As a game (structured) GT4 was the best. As physics goes and looks, GT5.

The sentence "a 5/10 game in a 10/10 sim" makes mores sense to me every day.
 
So why does this thread not have a poll?

Anyways:
1. GT3 - Most fun to race, sooo beautiful (even today), best intro, best soundtrack
2. GT5 - Best physics
3. GT1 - My first and most played playstation game
4. GTC - Some fun events and cool cars
5. GT2 - Best racing modifications
6. GT4 - For some reason I didn't like it gameplaywise (probably all the understeer)
7. GTM - Good for a handheld game, but racing with the psp doesn't feel very good
 
Looks like we have a bunch of glass is half empty type of people of these boards.

To me gt5 is the best console racing game ever and I would love for somebody to prove me wrong so I could go play that game
 
16 put GT5 tops so far, out of a thread with over 80 replies (maybe 20 are OT so let's be generous and put it at 60 odd) in favor of older games.

Not exactly the ringing endorsement, eh?
 
Looks like we have a bunch of glass is half empty type of people of these boards.

To me gt5 is the best console racing game ever and I would love for somebody to prove me wrong so I could go play that game

Most every other current gen console racing game out there is a better racing game.
GRID, Shift, Race Pro, F1 2010, etc...

GT5 is merely the better driving game.
 
GT4 and then GT3.

I can't wait for PD to put out the sequel to GT4!

:D
 
Gran Turismo 1.

The game that changed racing games.
 
I'm going to be like a good parent and say I love them all equally...

GT5's a technical marvel but is lacking in content, just like GT3 and GT1. (Blame the platform jump)

If GT6 is released on the PS3 then the scope of the game will be more like GT2 and GT4
:)
 
Last edited:
GT5 is and will probably be my favorite for a very long time. Too many reasons to list. If I had to choose a couple it would be: oversteer is back, and I can put my OWN music into the game.

GT2 2nd fave, because of the variety, the race mods, and it's just plain fun. Yes the graphics suck, even in the days before PS2 I thought they were pretty shoddy at times. But what a fun game.

GT4 and GT1 tie for 3rd for various reasons. GT4 (again) for its variety, and GT1 because it was the first, and techincally still the best GT in certain ways. The GT series after GT1 never got GT1's do-or-die qualifying system, for instance. GT1 is a game with no compromise in certain ways. No compromise to wusses and cheaters, that is.

GT3: MY least favorite. It's got the best replay system, but after playing with 800+ choices in GT2, it was hard to go back to just 200. :indiff: GT3 is the only game in the series I truely got bored with.

So why does this thread not have a poll?

Yea, I was gonna say, this thread needs a poll.
 
poll added. only full games for play station. i m not sure i know all others that have been released
 
Back