Which teams do you support?

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 38 comments

Tom.

Premium
England
Sheffield
Tom_97_COD
Note - Searched and could only find a thread like this specifically for football.

I was just curious as to who everybody on here supports. MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, football, cricket, rugby league/union, Aussie rules, chess, pigeon shooting, whatever! Which clubs do you follow and why?

Personally, despite living in England, I'm not a big football fan. I've always followed my home county of Yorkshire when it comes to cricket (had a season ticket a couple of times) and Bradford Bulls in rugby league (also had a couple of season tickets whilst they were winning championships in the mid 00's) primarily because my dad followed them as a kid and we still go together occasionally.

In the last few years I've got more into American sport, mostly baseball and NFL. I'm a Toronto Blue Jays fan due to the fact that I have family and friends living out there and it was the first baseball cap I ever got many years ago. There isn't really a real reason for me supporting the New York Jets; me and my friends earlier on in high school all used to follow them because we were huge fans of LT and Santonio Holmes and i've just stuck with them since. People give me stick for supporting the wrong side of NY but I don't really care. Staying up till 4am to see us knock the Pats out of the playoffs a couple of years ago is the most pumped and excited I've ever been about a sporting event that I've not actually been present at.

So, how about you guys?

The only team sport I follow actively (as in, not just international games, but leagues too) is ice hockey, and I've been a New Jersey Devils supporter for some time, but Ilya Kovalchuk really turns me away from that team nowadays. In all honesty I don't mind most of the teams winning the Stanley Cup, but I can totally say that Pittsburgh is not worthy of it (kinda ironic as the team's name is Penguins, however Pussycats would fit better in my opinion).

Tottenham in Soccer, Patriots in the NFL, and I show interest in the other Boston teams in the other US Sports(Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics) but I hardly ever watch their matches, don't really know why not tbh..

I support Boston teams because half my family live out their. I also love the NFL, so awesome to watch, probably why I watch that all the time and not the other US sports.

Support? I BLEED Black and yellow. I've like the Steelers since about '05 or so. First season I watched in depth was '10 though. Damn Packers...

For NBA, Miami has been my team since the Shaq era. I LOVE Shaq, so I followed him until he retired; but I stuck with the Heat. Wade is my favorite player now.

MLB I've been a Rays fan. Besides the occasional Rays game I pass on the MLB though. We suck :(

NHL I like Calgary. I don't know why though lol. We suck also :(

We argentinians are crazy about football (I mean soccer for u.s members) and I am a Ferro fan in the local league (although Ferro is not currently on the first division, buah!!!) . I watch foreign football a lot, mainly Manchester City, Barcelona and Inter de Milan so I can keep track of Argentine internationals like Messi, Tevez or Aguero.
I like Basketball too, NBA mainly because I find it more of a show than FIBA, and I support San Antonio Spurs, probably because Ginobili plays there

NFL: Steelers
MLB: Pirates
NHL: Penguins

Take a guess why I like these teams.

And for Motorsports;

NASCAR: Jeff Gordon/Hendrick Motorsports
F1: Red Bull Racing

Last edited:
NFL: Texans and Redskins
MLB: Dodgers and Red Sox
NBA: Lakers
NHL: Maple Leafs
Soccer: Liverpool FC
Nascar: Denny Hamlin and JGR
F1: Ferrari
IndyCar: Tony Kanaan
BTCC: Rob Collard and eBay Motors

NFL: J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!! Though the first game I went to was yesterday
MLB: Mets, because my grandmother is a Mets fan
NBA: Heat because I torture myself enough with the other sports I follow
NCAAF: USC Trojans
MLS: Seattle Sounders because I love their colors
NASCAR: Gordon fan since 2000

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
Soccer: Liverpool FC
Nascar: AJ Allmendinger
F1: Everyone but Alonso and Hamilton
IndyCar: Takuma Sato

Premier League - Manchester United.
Eredivisie - Vitesse, quietly ;)
NFL - Broncos.
Formula One - completely neutral since Toro Rosso decided Alguersuari was surplus.
NASCAR - Jimmie Johnson.
MLB - not too into it, just kinda support the Angels.
NBA - Nuggets.
NHL - Predators "I guess".
Tennis - anyone against Nadal.

NFL - Carolina Panthers.
NBA - New Orleans Hornets.
EPL - Southampton.
NRL - Sydney Roosters.
Nascar- Richard Childress Racing.
V8 Supercars - Holden Racing Team.
F1 - Red Bull, because of Mark Webber.

I'm a Miami sports fan. Dolphins, Heat, Marlins, Panthers.

Favorite soccer team was Juventus. Now that they stopped paying the refs I don't like them so much anymore.

Fav NPB team is probably Hanshin Tigers or Hiroshima Carp. They have cool fanbases, I love the whole kuidaore attitude in Osaka, the Curse of the Colonel, and the fact that they're both underdogs. Plus, their stadiums are outdoors and more intimate that the stupid domes. I hate domes because the fields are HUGE and you sit so far away from the diamond.

My favorite sumo wrestlers are Harumafuji, Asashoryu, and Chiyonofuji

I don't really follow anything else. And if I do, I'm neutral.

Support? I BLEED Black and yellow. I've like the Steelers since about '05 or so. First season I watched in depth was '10 though. Damn Packers...

For NBA, Miami has been my team since the Shaq era. I LOVE Shaq, so I followed him until he retired; but I stuck with the Heat. Wade is my favorite player now.

MLB I've been a Rays fan. Besides the occasional Rays game I pass on the MLB though. We suck :(

NHL I like Calgary. I don't know why though lol. We suck also :(

Oh my god, you're 15. That explains a lot.

NHL- Montreal Canadiens
CFL- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
NFL- Whoever is playing the Patriots. Slightly partial to the Bills.
MLB- Toronto Blue Jays
NBA- Don't really care. Can't in good conscience cheer for the Raptors and I don't follow the sport closely enough to pick another favourite.

Other sports I don't care too much about. I'm most devoutly a Canadiens fan though, follow the NHL religiously.

Last edited:
NFL - Pittsburgh, I love the city and its culture. Where else can you find a sports team named for its iconic industry?

NBA - Don't really follow it, but I would say the Bulls.

MLB - Same as NBA, but the White Sox. Everyone I know is ethier a Cubs or Cardinals fan. I wanted to be different.

NHL - Blues, I guess.

Premier League - Manchester City

MLS - Chicago Fire

NCAA Football/Basketball - West Virginia Mountaineers/Illinois Fighting Illini/Duke Blue Devils

I loved the Miami Heat when Alonzo Mourning was keeping it real on the team.

I went to Heat games when Rony Seikaly was keepin' it real on the team. I only have a few memories of Miami Arena. :lol:

<------- Avatar

MLB - Cleveland Indians (yeah we suck)
NFL - Pittsburgh Steelers (when I feel like watching the NFL .... not to often though)
NBA - not a fan of
Golf (PGA & LPGA) - Phil Mickelson, Jim Furyk, Mike Weir, Adam Scott, Suzanne Petterson, Paula Creamer, Karrie Webb, Natalie Gulbis.
Auto racing - only the NHRA will suffice.

MLB: LA Dodgers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
NBA: LA Clippers
NHL: LA Kings
NCAA Football: Notre Dame and Stanford
MLS: LA Galaxy
NASCAR: Dale Jr (by far), then Carl Edwards and JPM

Guys/teams that I will always and forever root against:

MLB: San Francisco Giants
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NBA: Boston Celtics
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA Football: USC, Michigan, Florida
MLS: Don't really care (Red Bulls?)
NASCAR: Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch (in that order)

MLB: LA Dodgers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
NBA: LA Clippers
NHL: LA Kings
NCAA Football: Notre Dame and Stanford
MLS: LA Galaxy
NASCAR: Dale Jr (by far), then Carl Edwards and JPM

Guys/teams that I will always and forever root against:

MLB: San Francisco Giants
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NBA: Boston Celtics
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA Football: USC, Michigan, Florida
MLS: Don't really care (Red Bulls?)
NASCAR: Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch (in that order)

Psh, Harvick hater...

I have a soccer team for almost every league but won't name them all :)
Boca Juniors
Earthquakes
Liverpool but my son likes Chelsea so I support their clothing in a way.
Real Madrid

MLB - SF Giants
NFL - SF 49ers
NHL - SJ Sharks - but I really don't follow hockey all that much
NBA - Warriors
NCAAF - I like Texas and Stanford

FOOTBALL..Man United, Swansea (its where im from), Wrexham (where i live now), Barcalona

RUGBY..Opsreys, North Wales Crusaders

F1..Mclaren Mercedes, Sergio Perez

TENNIS..Andy Murray

DARTS..Phil Taylor, Gary Anderson, Raymond van Barneveld

NFL: Houston Texans & Denver Broncos
MLB: Houston Astros
NBA: Rockets, Spurs, Bulls, & Mavericks
MLS: Houston Dynamos
NHL: Don't know, don't care.
AHL: Houston Aeros
NASCAR: Mostly Jeff Gordon, and Jimmie Johnson (Anyone other than Kyle Busch is good)
F1: Anyone other than Grosjean
WRC: Sébastien Loeb

F1: McLaren
NASCAR - Ryan Newman & Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
Le Mans: Corvette Racing
Grand Am: Spirit of Daytona
NFL: Minnesota Vikings & Houston Texans
NCAA Football: Minnesota Golden Gophers
NHL: Minnesota Wild (If they ever play again:ouch:)
MLB: Minnesota Twins

Back