Which version will have the cleanest online racing?

• Thread starter Xiamoto
  • 41 comments

Which hardware platform do you think will have the cleanest online racing?

• PS4

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • PC

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • Wii U

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • They will all be the same

Votes: 28 26.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It depends, IMO PC should have the cleanest considering people invest more into it and thus take it more seriously (which isnt a bad thing).

Though Im a XB1 guy, I voted they will all be the same if you put league racing into account.

I have some extensive pc experience. If you do not create a place in GTPLANET style it'll be the worst of the bunch, expecially when the crazy mod, cheats, lag pedals etc etc popup... T_T

But if you find a good community....

The Wii I expect will be a smashup derby for obvious reasons. If you're talking open lobbies on the other three, I doubt you'll find much difference between the platforms unless and if there is some sort of online driver rating system allowing you to block the punters from your lobbies. Without that I think it'll be the same hit and miss it is everywhere. If there are no consequences, a lot of people drive like idiots.

On all platforms, organized races and series are the best place by far to find good quality racing. In open lobbies, you have to find hosts that run good rooms and "friend" them and hope they are online when you are. That requires quite a large time investment to work in the long run.

In my experience, it will depend on how popular the game is on each platform. Fewer sales = greater proportion of "niche" players = cleaner racing. The Wii U is a big question mark; there's no telling how it will sell or who you'll find online. If no one buys Project CARS for Wii U except sim fans like Classic and myself, it could have the cleanest lobbies of any version -- all two of them.

I voted "all the same" because online racing is always the same:

racing_online.png

In my experience, it will depend on how popular the game is on each platform. Fewer sales = greater proportion of "niche" players = cleaner racing. The Wii U is a big question mark; there's no telling how it will sell or who you'll find online. If no one buys Project CARS for Wii U except sim fans like Classic and myself, it could have the cleanest lobbies of any version -- all two of them.

View attachment 294147

PC is always cleaner by and large. Exceptions can be made; sometimes pc rooms aren't clean and sometimes console rooms are clean.

Jerome

You're right, but it's not because people are better drivers if they happen to double-click an EXE to play. The cleanest racing is generally where the fewest people are, with a greater proportion of "hardcore" players. The biggest hardcore PC sims aren't nearly as popular as console racing games, and the console versions of multiplatform racers presumably outsell the PC versions.

Using a wheel doesn't make someone a cleaner driver either, as anyone who plays Gran Turismo or Forza online knows.

Definitely not Xbox One because lots of kids get Xbox for COD and "show off" their COD skills on other genres by griefing, among other things.

Probably not Wii U because there isn't any top-class FPS on the platform, but there is Mario Kart and kids will probably think it's that rather than a sim racer.

Maybe not PS4 because there's already a "hardcore" racer (Driveclub), but there are griefers there as well. There might be some GTA V kids and act like they have a Buzzard Attack Chopper or a tank, or doing a getaway in an Adder or Zentorno.

My choice is PC because there isn't much kids that are into PC gaming because they think PC is too expensive, but yet if they can learn they can build a high-end gaming PC that's cheaper than any console, yet more powerful. In some sim racers, like Iracing, most players are responsible people and don't drive like they're clowns.

We'll see which version takes the crown once the game is released. I can't wait.:cheers:

Metroid Prime Trilogy is a top-class FPS; it just launched as a digital re-release on the Wii U eShop, too. It's not a game for those Gears of Halo: Modern Battlefield fans, though.

PC will be the cleanest since its a higher class of gaming however it will have some dirty drivers, the console versions on the other hand will be crash-fests since more people will access the game (especially the younger ones) (that is unless you find a good group of people and make a private room). To add on to @Wolfe 's hints for non-league online, I go to the side of the track (off the racing line of course) and let the field go by while slowly accelerating at the start of the race, I'll be last or near last going into turn 1 but will exit it near the front of the field because of the turn 1 calamity. Then I am not involved in the crash and do not get out of the race if damage is enabled :)

Last edited:
I have a great group of friends on PS, quick, clean and respectful racers.
Its not about the platform its about your friends list, if you jump into random rooms on any platform your asking for trouble, especially when the game is new and people are still getting to grips with the handling.

I will defo be up for some league racing on PS4, can't wait :)

PC for sure most will be using wheels to, whereas a lot on xbox and playstation will use controllers. You get a more hardcore gamer on PC

The method of controlling the car is fundamental to how clean it is. With a controller if you hit someone you might get a bit of vibration but thats it. If you have a wheel and get hit most modern wheel will then transfer all that force through force feedback to the driver. he then has to struggle with the wheel. ultimately that leads to wheel users being cleaner.
To sum up pc will be cleaner but by how much that is something i don't know.

The method of controlling the car is fundamental to how clean it is. With a controller if you hit someone you might get a bit of vibration but thats it. If you have a wheel and get hit most modern wheel will then transfer all that force through force feedback to the driver. he then has to struggle with the wheel. ultimately that leads to wheel users being cleaner.
To sum up pc will be cleaner but by how much that is something i don't know.

Perhaps it's just a matter of dedication. A dedicated player would be more interested in practicing, in knowing rules and good racing behaviour. A dedicated player would probably be more interested in investing in a wheel.

Perhaps it's just a matter of dedication. A dedicated player would be more interested in practicing, in knowing rules and good racing behaviour. A dedicated player would probably be more interested in investing in a wheel.
That's definitely true, but this TM exclusive arrangement will block out a number of people on console who have Logitech or Fanatec equipment and can't be bothered to reboot with a TM wheel but still want the game. IIRC the number of TT entrants on GT5 with a wheel hovered around 20% and most of those were Logitech wheels. I think it's pretty safe to say that on the PS system less than 10% of regular players will have a wheel, whereas on PC I expect the numbers to by multiples of that. 50% wouldn't surprise me at all. Although it is possible to race clean with a controller, I think the odds are much better of that happening with a wheel, for various reasons.

That's definitely true, but this TM exclusive arrangement will block out a number of people on console who have Logitech or Fanatec equipment and can't be bothered to reboot with a TM wheel but still want the game. IIRC the number of TT entrants on GT5 with a wheel hovered around 20% and most of those were Logitech wheels. I think it's pretty safe to say that on the PS system less than 10% of regular players will have a wheel, whereas on PC I expect the numbers to by multiples of that. 50% wouldn't surprise me at all. Although it is possible to race clean with a controller, I think the odds are much better of that happening with a wheel, for various reasons.
To pluck a figure out of the air I would say 70-80% of WMD have a wheel of some sort.

I would love to see the PRIVATE LOBBY setup. Can we force FPS view? Can we force only Wheels to be used and not controllers. etc... etc...

The Wii U version should have an awesome fanbase. Anybody shouting 'lol children' clearly dont keep up with facts and statistics and last looked at install base information in the 90s.

View attachment 294147

I would love to see the PRIVATE LOBBY setup. Can we force FPS view? Can we force only Wheels to be used and not controllers. etc... etc...
Interesting question about forcing cockpit view. I was not a fan of cockpit view in GT because of the terrible FOV. When I made the switch to PC, I thought I'd try the cockpit view in AC and see if I liked it. 200+ hours later and I've haven't driven anything other than cockpit view since:dopey: and can't see myself ever going back to the hood cam.

I suppose it would be ok to have it as an option to be forced on, but I'm not sure purpose that would serve. So long as I am driving in my preferred view I really don't care what view someone else uses and it might be detrimental to encouraging participation from those that don't normally use the cockpit view.

I voted for PC, because most casual gamers will play on consoles in my opinion. But to be honest i don't see the purpose of this thread, because we will never know which community is the best to race with, since there isn't an crashes in racing games meassure app on pc or consoles.
Definitely not Xbox One because lots of kids get Xbox for COD and "show off" their COD skills on other genres by griefing, among other things.
Are you serious?
People are people regardless of the platform. It'll come down to a community of like minded individuals as always.
This.
The Wii U version should have an awesome fanbase. Anybody shouting 'lol children' clearly dont keep up with facts and statistics and last looked at install base information in the 90s.
Same old prejudices - had to google the word -.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back