• DFGT

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • DFP

Votes: 66 21.8%
  • Other

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters
GTP_Noah
Just to see what the majority of people on gtplanet use, I decided to make this poll. Which wheel are you using for GT5P?

I myself am using the DFP.

I'm using the DFP. The pedals are very erratic, and at times the throttle sticks wide open at the end of very fast straights. It's 2 years old but I find that unacceptable

I'm using the DFP as well. I haven't had too many issues with it and I've had it about 2.5 years... but I agree with Earth about the throttle issue (which I've experienced myself a few times).

using my DFP for a couple of years ... never had any problems. i would LOVE A G25 but i just can't justify the expense in my college-student world

I agree with problems with the DFP. When I first purchased mine, brake stopped working after a month. Got a replacement (this was when GT4 was released).
Since then, the wheel has developed a sticking (sometimes 10% brake is on), or an inability for full throttle (sometimes only 90% throttle, with pedal to floor. And yes, i race with no TC or ASM, so it's not the game :P)
Otherwise, it serves its purpose :)

For those of you having pedal issues with DFP can I suggest you check this out?

Driving Force Pro Pedal Problems

With a Phillips Screwdriver and some sticky tape your pedals will be back to normal in no time at all. My throttle did the wavery 95% thing after 1 1/2 years of everyday use. Opened it up according to the pictures, reseated and secured the potentiometers, et voila, good as new in under 10 minutes. :D

I still haven't used my G25, it's just collecting dust.

But it looks good... :)

Got my G-25 the month it came out in North America for use on Live For Speed on the PC. If you really want to feel how good the G-25 is, that is one of the best sims to try it on. You can change just about every axis setting imaginable and optimize it far more than just about any other game. It also feels pretty good in GTR 1&2 and GT:Legends. I've been in LFS races that lasted almost two hours and the thing gets really hot and starts to emit a burning smell though it still functions perfectly to this day.

I tried it out on GT4 and it did not feel as good as the DFP feels with that game imo. I figure it is because the DFP was optimized specifically for GT4 so that would make sense to me. The G-25 just feels kinda (for lack of a better term) weak in that game.

I find the G-25 acceptable with GT5P, but I would appreciate it if the final version of GT5 offers more customization in the pedal axis'. The brake max's out way to early and the clutch catches too far in. If I could at least adjust the brake axis, I would be happy because I still can't get a good feel for where "full lockup" is going to happen. Those are really my only gripes and I can live with it either way. I'm just glad I can use it on the console. I would also like a little more FFB.

As far as the console goes, I found DiRT to offer a tad more feedback even though it is more "arcadey".

DFGT here. Picked it up last night. I'm still getting used to it so I'm a little erratic at times. My times and my line are improving though.

I sure don't miss the DFP. I raced online (WRS) alot for many years with GT3/4 and used a hand rebuilt DFP for most of it. I remember ordering pots from Germany and new pedals from California to make up for the crappy pedals of the DFP. Still I had to take the thing apart weekly to fix some issue.

When I re entry bought a PS3 when I saw GT5p on an airport in Taiwan I decided to stick with the dualshock and relearn to drive again with it (2+ years away from GT makes a blank slate). I got used to the dualshock but bought a DFGT last week ok a whim. So far so good. Even when I took the pedals apart to examine them they seem far better than the DFP. To be safe I bought a cheap DF wheel on rbay to have some spate parts when needed... MOT to mention the knee rest thing so I can use the wheel on the couch.

I hope Logitech made the DFGT better.

I don't really have a reason why i would spend $230+ for the clutch and build quality, i bought a DFGT because with a features it has along with the quality its a great choice for just casual racing.

I'm using the black MOMO wheel for the PC and it works great! I just have to use it in the second USB port on the from and use the controller to allow me to see the rearview shot. I used to use the wheel for GTR 1&2 and GP Legends.
Best sims ever!!!

I use the DFGT. I can't say I'm a huge fan, the gas peddle feels cheap as all get out, as opposed to the brake pedal which feels really good. It has resistance to it that I appreciate, where you actually have to impose some force on it to compress the pedal, and it decompresses nicely as well. The gas peddle, however, merely resting my foot on it slightly will send it straight to the ground, and since it takes no effort whatsoever, it's far too easy to forget or underestimate just how much you're giving the car at any given time. I just don't like it.

Also, the fact that the wheel will make a full on rotation when you go off road is endlessly annoying, especially when you think about pausing the game, the thing resets itself on its own... ??? Why did you bother moving in the first place if pushing the start button puts it back to the original position?

My biggest peeve comes from one feature that pisses me off to no end. I don't know if it's Logitechs fault, or PD's fault, but having to push the triangle button to reverse drives me absolutely insane. I mean, I'm ready to kill someone when I get punted off the track, so I gather myself, have to reset the wheel because as I stated above, it moves on its own, then awkwardly position my hands to push triangle and hold it while turning the wheel at the same time. What? You mean in this day and age, with a $150 wheel, I'm still pushing the analog buttons to make my car go backwards? Excuse me, I'm sorry, but not being able to shift down from first gear to reverse is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of...

I'm driving with an old Logitech Driving Force. But i have a question do you guys use the simulation settings in the steeringwheel options menu? Because you can't counter oversteer at all.

Back