Votes: 164 54.1%
  • DFGT

Votes: 41 13.5%
  • DFP

Votes: 66 21.8%
  • Other

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters
G25 is awesome, i wouldnt recommend any other wheel, the smell you get from getting it out of the box makes u think you just bought a new car

G25 for me, and yeah the smell was awesome. For the first week or so during loading times I'd lean forward to smell the leather on the wheel. Hmm is that a little strange?!?

Last edited:
lol,

I'm using a DFGT and loving it. it's a great wheel never tried a g25 and yes it would be the best, but this dfgt is also good and i'm no "hardcore" player so i thought going with this one was the best.

I also use it on the pc for gtr evolution/GTlegends(demo) gtr2 and it does the job good.
last night i found grand prix3 so i gave it a shot and it worked^^ man i have played that game so much when it came out, thought i lost the cd but found it:).

G25 for me, and yeah the smell was awesome. For the first week or so during loading times I'd lean forward to smell the leather on the wheel. Hmm is that a little strange?!?

You to eh?:lol: Guess what, I'm getting a new one because my first was was deffective under warranty, I guess I'm in for another good week.:sly:

You to eh?:lol: Guess what, I'm getting a new one because my first was was deffective under warranty, I guess I'm in for another good week.:sly:

hahaha

hmm note to self: damage G25 in a way to look like a defect and return for a new one :sly:

then again going without one for a while would suck

hahaha

hmm note to self: damage G25 in a way to look like a defect and return for a new one :sly:

then again going without one for a while would suck

So true, once you've had a wheel you just don't use the controller. At the moment I'm wheel-less which means I'm GT5-less. It really sucks. I re-discovered this strange and pre-historic landscape called outdoors.:sly::sly:

So true, once you've had a wheel you just don't use the controller. At the moment I'm wheel-less which means I'm GT5-less. It really sucks. I re-discovered this strange and pre-historic landscape called outdoors.:sly::sly:

Outdoors :confused:, I cant say I've heard of it can you tell me more. :lol:

I had a power-out the other day, had nothing to do..... so I finally did some long due work on my car :D

lol!:lol: You guys are cool,:D I really like playing GT and messing round on my PC, but I just find I get sick of being inside after a while. That's why I'm usually on PSN at late night...early morning.lol:lol:
As for wheels, I finally decided it was time to ditch the controller...the last update just to the sensitivity required to race well to the extreme! I ordered the G25, I have done moths of 'wheel anylsis' to see which was best, I concluded that the G25 was the realist's choose.:)
Take it easy fellas,
Rusty*

Last edited:
lol!:lol: You guys are cool,:D I really like playing GT and messing round on my PC, but I just find I get sick of being inside after a while. That's why I'm usually on PSN at late night...early morning.lol:lol:
As for wheels, I finally decided it was time to ditch the controller...the last update just to the sensitivity required to race well to the extreme! I ordered the G25, I have done moths of 'wheel anylsis' to see which was best, I concluded that the G25 was the realist's choose.:)
Take it easy fellas,
Rusty*

So you haven't actually got it yet?

G25 was hands down for me, just for the simplicity of it, the H shifter/clutch and the likeness to my real wheel in my Ute.;) (Pics linked in my sig)

So you haven't actually got it yet?

G25 was hands down for me, just for the simplicity of it, the H shifter/clutch and the likeness to my real wheel in my Ute.;) (Pics linked in my sig)
Yeah yeah I noticed your Autotechnia wheel, very nice!:D:tup:
Wow at my above post...I was reading your quote of it...
I thank I miht strat profe readigna e litta bet more often lol!:lol:...terrible.:rolleyes:
*Was joking with my quote* But yeah I will be a little more careful.:)
Yeah Paulie I'm still waiting for a message in the Mailbox to say...Come pick up your G25, its at the post office!!:D Or what would be even better is if they bring the van out to drop it off, not sure how they will go about it. It's brand new still sealed in the box...I can't wait!:dopey:👍
Peace,
Rusty*

Driving Force EX... cant really justify spending more than £35 on a playstation accessory, to be honest.

Ditto... I'd buy a G25 if I could justify it somehow but I haven't made that mental leap just yet. So I'm sat on the sofa with my £40 DF EX on my lap. Its a good wheel for the price and you can still turn in some decent times with it. The pedals are the biggest let down though - flimsy sprung plastic with no "feel" at all.

I reckon I'll upgrade when GT5 finally hits the shelves. Possibly. :)

I bought a DFP when GT5P came out, I should`ve bought one with GT4, is a different game with the wheel. A soos as GT5 Full Game comes out I will get a DFGT, the pedals are compatible with the DFP, I will have 2 sets of pedals. Anyway I have nothig to say about the quality of my wheel so far.

Anyone owns porche wheel?? I heard it have the most precise force feedback engine, even better than g25..?

I have the Fanatec Porsche wheel and I love it. I use it mostly for the PS3 (GT5:P, Ferrari Challenge) but it works on the PC as well. I tried a G25 but took it back and kept the PWT. I liked the pedals on the G25 a little more since they were metal, but the new production version PWT pedals are quite an improvement over the beta model. The wheel and the shifter are superior to the G25 IMHO.

:( My GTForce is playing up again with the brake pedal sticking open slightly. Managed to fix it last time, but it doesn't seem to want to work anymore. Really annoyed, It's so unreliable that I spend more time checking the brake hasn't stuck on than I do looking at the road. Unplayable really.

I decided to invest in wheels around June of this year, mainly for Formula One Championship Edition for the PS3. Started with a Driving Force Ex and this wheel was very poor. I couldn't drive in a straight line, so I can only presume there was a fault.

So returned it and got myself a Driving Force Pro. The DFP was awesome with F1CE, it would lock at 180 Degrees and FF was fantastic, and the best bit was that it was a 10" wheel and felt perfect with F1.

But then I wanted something more and sold the DFP and got a DFGT. Initially slightly disappointed with the wheel as it did not lock at 180 Degrees like the DFP and seemed a bit too big for F1CE. The FF was also weaker than the DFP. Eventually I got used to the wheel and felt it ran much more smoother than the DFP did but something was missing. Not sure what is was but having read so many great reviews for the G25 I decided to sell the DFGT and get a G25.

I have had the G25 for a few weeks and feels very similar to the DFGT in F1CE. However once I tried the G25 with GT5P I am hooked. Although I can confirm that the FF seems weaker than the DFP but around the same with the DFGT. What makes it stand apart are the pedals, along with a great "moveable" shifter and proper F1 type shifters.

However saying all this a DFGT wheel with G25 pedals and G25 shifter can also be a great combination, if it is at all possible.

So in the space of 5 months I have owned 4 different wheels. If I can pick up a DFP cheap I would do so in order to play F1CE with and keep the G25 primarily to use with GT5P 👍

Is there a prize for the oldest wheel? I'm still using the GT Force I got with GT3, the day it came out. That makes it a little over seven years old. Probably about time for an upgrade. I'm tempted by the G25 for the quality, but I don't really want or need the stick shift, 900-degree steering or clutch.

screw the porsche fanatec(fanboy)wheel G25 all the way!!

Wow, that was helpful. Thanks! Out of curiosity, have you purchased both the G25 and the 911 wheel as I did? Just wondering who the fanboy is? Anyway, the G25 is nice too, and the pedals great, but for me the wheel was a little too loose around the center and FFB notchier and weaker vs. the belt-driven 911. But that's just me...

Is there a prize for the oldest wheel? I'm still using the GT Force I got with GT3, the day it came out. That makes it a little over seven years old. Probably about time for an upgrade. I'm tempted by the G25 for the quality, but I don't really want or need the stick shift, 900-degree steering or clutch.

Same as me, mine is knackered now I think, and £150 is a lot to buy a G25. Guess I'll have to though.

Latest Posts

Back