Who do you miss? Formerly active gtp user who disappeared ...

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 927 comments
Why do you not have a Staff Emeritus under your name? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Probably because I was gone for a longtime, along with the fact I never really reached out to anyone looking to become staff.

Doug had falling out here tmk. I think Famine was having a discussion with him & he ended up just leaving. I think the editing was to cover his past before he actually got to where he is now.
He did talk to him, look at M5's last posts from 2009. ;)

If what you said is true about the editing, I hate to tell you but you are in for a lot of disappointments. :scared: He has edited out threads you posted in as well as some posts in many different places.
I know he will return eventually. I just hope he hasn't gotten into any kind of trouble.

I can't help it about Tatinee. She was great to talk to.

GTP has a great history. Especially back in the old HMRCWG thread. Well that would probably depend on who you asked. :P
I wish I could have been around back in those days to know the people you have mentioned. :indiff:

Crazy how that thread has been closed for over a decade and no other thread in the rumble strip has managed to top it.

Why do you not have a Staff Emeritus under your name? Or am I thinking of someone else?
If he was a member of the staff once, he may have left before the emeritus rank was created. ;)

OMG I was trying to remember the HMRCWG thread. That was Epic :)

Indeed. I too was trying to remember some of the funny moments we all had there. Those were the good ol days.

I should have elaborated more. I thought Maniac was VIPFREAK's new name when he came back. Good to see the name posting though. Before, he would pop up on Steam once and a while.

You are thinking of someone else. I was never a member of the staff. It would have been cool if I was.

I remember VIPFREAK. He was pretty cool.

I wish I could have been around back in those days to know the people you have mentioned. :indiff:

Crazy how that thread has been closed for over a decade and no other thread in the rumble strip has managed to top it.

We had some great members back then that I have not seen in along time. I don't think there will ever be another thread that will top it.

We had some great members back then that I have not seen in along time. I don't think there will ever be another thread that will top it.
Hopefully they will follow suit and log back in. I don't think we will ever see a thread like that again anywhere on GTP :-(. Time to make new epic threads

@nitrorocks

I think he still comes on semi regularly (However since I have just returned from a brief hiatus I'm not 100% sure), I occasionally speak to him on facebook however when we were both regulars on here we ran across each other far more.

You know, I was just thinking, whatever happened to @Yukon? He just sort of appeared one day, was really cool, and then as quick as he'd appeared he was gone again.

Haven't seen @MarinaDiamandis around for a long time now, pity as his posts were of good quality.
Also even though I know it's not going to happen it would be nice to see @Neal back around these parts.

I haven't seen @TimberW since December 2013. He was the one who recommended me to check out GTP for his street racing league way back in 2011.

I also haven't seen @HenryT for quite a long time either

Last edited:
At least with the new forum any absentees will know they have been mentioned in here, should they log in randomly.

By the looks of it, I'd say he is.

He left for reasons which he never clarified on, other than he felt compelled to get away from GTP for an indefinite period. He also made his account invisible so that nobody - other than a mod - could contact him. Unless he asked a mod to close his account. Hard to tell.

@Silver Wing - who signed up shortly after - might be the same person. But they're far from active.

@Wiegert: His profile page displays the message "This user's profile is not available", which is the same message that's displayed on banned users' profile pages. So either he got banned or a mod closed his account on request.

Back