Who do you think is the best?

• Thread starter BLITZ_69
  • 78 comments
The way I see it, is you can tune your car so it would drift easier, say softer sway bars and a full custom LSD. And the thing with drifting stock cars is you always have to get used to a new car. Most(im not saying all) might have some what of the same drift settings for all their cars. For those of you who say XLink sucks, just come on. Its alot of fun, and you get better faster because your watching people who are good at it drifting live, in front of you.

Ominous One
IDM fan boys has nothing on xlink kai players yo.

To me, xlink sucks. Well, not xlink, PING sucks. I hate the slow motion driving on xlink, it makes drifting no fun at all.

And the best drifter is the one that can drift any car under any circumstances. You can drift stock cars like no one else but, who cares about that if you can't drift a LeMans car or an 80hp Fiat 500.

The people on this forum with proven drifting skill and experience have not at any point talked down about what goes on with Xlink matches and drifting.
i wouldn't put myself in the category of people swift's taking about but i have for sure no problem with what goes on with Xlink ! i meant no arm in my post and i apologize to D.king if he took it in that way :ouch: :dunce:

i meant we all play the same game and there's not a way of drifting smarter than an other so enjoy all of them if possible ! i wish so hard myself to get on Xlink but i doesn't work for me :ill:

First off, why are you getting defensive? I'm not attacking you, Drift Dojo, Xlink or anything else so relax.

And when did I say ALL Xlink vids are garbage or ALL solo vids are great?

No problem, but you prove my point in the next segment.

You see what I mean? I can understand for competitions stock vs stock would be cool. But you can't seriously think that the exhibition that could be put on by you and other members of your team wouldn't be better, more fun to watch and have more flash with tuned cars instead of being forced to use stock.

Yep, so do I. 👍

The people on this forum with proven drifting skill and experience have not at any point talked down about what goes on with Xlink matches and drifting.

See, this is the defensive thing again. There's really no need to go there. As I said, those who know, get it. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the challenge isn't the members who are not regularly on Xlink that are causing this "argument". But that it is those members that have just got started on Xlink and think that means their skill has been automatically elevated simply because they drift on Xlink.

Nobody has answered my question yet.

First of all this wasn't meant to be a defensive thread...sorry if it read that way.
Second I never said stock was more impressive then tuned...I said I prefer Stock because it evens the field... I also mentioned there are no other STOCK drift vids out here on gtp...MOST are tuned. So the most stock replay footage you get is from xlink. (then gets called unimpressive) I just said I would like to see more stock only but I doubt it because this forum promotes tuning as a way to drift.

I think you guys have talked down on us for not having "impressive" replays. I think that is an ignorance factor however.

Tuning and skill seem to corelate on this forum and always has...Can't drift? adjust lsd....That's all I read... I never read work on your turn in....Try turning in harder and earlier. Isn't that the advice we should be giving? Instead of "Oh its your lsd take it down to 20 yer good to go" or "its your spring rate" How about "Its your technique"? The more tuning you can do the more you can cover up. Why people think tuned is the only way to go is beyond me...Probably from what they read. On xlink you can not hide anything. You drift what you can, and learn from there. So advice is given to technique not settings.

Seeing that most of the advice in this forum is given from tuners who simply say to drift tune this....Is why tuning and skill seem to go hand in hand here.

I personaly will never give tuning advice...because if you can't drift it's not the car, it's you. Everyone can tune a car to their liking....but to tune your driving to the cars liking is more difficult, and rewarding...

ps this wasn't directed at swift but rather everyone.

First of all this wasn't meant to be a defensive thread...sorry if it read that way.
Second I never said stock was more impressive then tuned...I said I prefer Stock because it evens the field... I also mentioned there are no other STOCK drift vids out here on gtp...MOST are tuned. So the most stock replay footage you get is from xlink. (then gets called unimpressive) I just said I would like to see more stock only but I doubt it because this forum promotes tuning as a way to drift.
I agree. I know DR did some good stock stuff back in the day. But most stuff now is with some kind of tuning. I usually tune the suspension before the engine if a car is having trouble drifting. But that's just me.

I think you guys have talked down on us for not having "impressive" replays. I think that is an ignorance factor however.

I think this is 50/50. You honestly can't tell me the best xlink stuff is as good as the best solo stuff. At the same time, I can't honestly tell you that there are not some very impressive Xlink videos out there. So people need to have an open mind when looking at the GOAL of a video.

Tuning and skill seem to corelate on this forum and always has...Can't drift? adjust lsd....That's all I read... I never read work on your turn in....Try turning in harder and earlier. Isn't that the advice we should be giving? Instead of "Oh its your lsd take it down to 20 yer good to go" or "its your spring rate" How about "Its your technique"? The more tuning you can do the more you can cover up. Why people think tuned is the only way to go is beyond me...Probably from what they read. On xlink you can not hide anything. You drift what you can, and learn from there. So advice is given to technique not settings.

Seeing that most of the advice in this forum is given from tuners who simply say to drift tune this....Is why tuning and skill seem to go hand in hand here.

Thanks for answering the question...

Well, that's what the newer members have been doing. And consequently has been causing some challenges with other new drifters. You're absolutely right that when someone can't drift, they assume it's the car and not technique. 99% it's YOU. When we look at advise given by veteran drifters, it's almost always technique. With newer members it's, "Set this to XXX and you'll be better".

I personaly will never give tuning advice...because if you can't drift it's not the car, it's you. Everyone can tune a car to their liking....but to tune your driving to the cars liking is more difficult, and rewarding...

I think sometimes it is tuning, especially when a member has videos of what they're doing and you can see good general technique. But again, that's AFTER the basics of technique have been covered. So I agree with you about advise for tuning.

Here's my whole stance in one statement: I'm not debating anyone's skills. Just that it would be better to have your car, your way in network mode.

Here's my whole stance in one statement: I'm not debating anyone's skills. Just that it would be better to have your car, your way in network mode.

Gt5 my friend...but even then I bet we won't be able to tune ourselves...seeing that gthd provides pretuned cars...

Gt5 my friend...but even then I bet we won't be able to tune ourselves...seeing that gthd provides pretuned cars...

GT5 HD was cancelled, though pretuned cars are rather nice but it will get boring and over used.

Swift
I think this is 50/50. You honestly can't tell me the best xlink stuff is as good as the best solo stuff. At the same time, I can't honestly tell you that there are not some very impressive Xlink videos out there. So people need to have an open mind when looking at the GOAL of a video.
Well, Toyota and his brother did some very good videos. Though TD's brother wasn't present in GTP forums as TD but he was really good. 👍 But what would be better than Xlink is a Lan Party

GT5 HD was cancelled, though pretuned cars are rather nice but it will get boring and over used.

Well, Toyota and his brother did some very good videos. Though TD's brother wasn't present in GTP forums as TD but he was really good. 👍 But what would be better than Xlink is a Lan Party

Gt5 hasn't been cancelled...GTHD as a game was...but then released as a demo for the ps3. You are right about becoming boring and overused...I don't play gthd much anymore...Drifting alone is boring. Xlink is a lan party...just stretched nationwide....

I couldn't agree more, to bad we couldn't set up something like the UKGTP...

OK Stop take a breather, you guys are missing the point. Why are we talking about tuning and Xlink? I aked a simple question about who do you think is the best. Xlink doesnt matter, neither does tuning for that matter.

OK Stop take a breather, you guys are missing the point. Why are we talking about tuning and Xlink? I aked a simple question about who do you think is the best. Xlink doesnt matter, neither does tuning for that matter.

But you specifically asked why. And that gets into all those different aspects of drifting in GT4. :)

OK you got me on that one but I see more explenations than answers. People are going to far out. I only intended a SIMPLE answer of maybe a sentance or two.💡

OK you got me on that one but I see more explenations than answers. People are going to far out. I only intended a SIMPLE answer of maybe a sentance or two.💡

On such a controversial topic in such an ego fed subforum, that's asking an awful lot, wouldn't you say?

edit:
After having read over the arguments in this thread I've decided that this squabbling is ridiculous. Who cares if xlinker's think they're disadvantaged because they're limited to stock cars. Are you guys only doing it for the recognition of a bunch of pizza faced video gamers who you've never even met? Or are you doing it to have fun?

I really have to side with the arguments of Ske in post #52. I've been trying, but I can't sum up my thoughts any more concisely or more accurately than the way he put it.
Ske
My point was that I'd rather see a good drift than a poor drift in a hard-to-drift car. Drifting is a display sport after all, it's about cornering sideways gracefully. In my opinion, it's not what car you use, it's how good your drifts look. And until you have completely mastered drifting with a good car I don't see the point in bragging about self inflicted handicaps...
Tandem drifts are fun to watch, but if neither car drifts the entire corner, or they take a dumb line (as is the case in most drifts of most xlink vids I've watched), I don't think it shows a tremendous amount of skill or judgement. It just looks like a cheesey hollywood chase scene.

This is straying from the original topic though. Nothing here says that xlinkers are unskilled. I know from having played a few sessions awhile back that they are - and I'm yet to see someone dispute this in this thread, so I don't quite understand where the arguing emerged from. All anyone has said is that if you are looking to show off your skill then maybe xlink vids aren't the best medium for doing so.

Ske
I guess the closest I could get would be a 1 hour limit GTPDC.. any takers? ;)

ill give you a dollar if you can get a full track run with edit and upload all within the space of an hour.
not possible for me because i have to sync the audio to the video then youtube takes at least 2 hours to get it online.

ill give you a dollar if you can get a full track run with edit and upload all within the space of an hour.
not possible for me because i have to sync the audio to the video then youtube takes at least 2 hours to get it online.

Well, editing would have to be kept at a minimum obviously :P

I guess 2 hours would be fine too if we could coordinate it... I really think that the long deadlines of the competitions we have here kind of takes the edge out of it, having a short deadline like that would definitely make it a bit more interesting.

My opinion......... I think people who complain of ping just have to match up with people who they have low ping with, I mean there are LAGLESS sessions ons kai.

I mean I don't think comparing videos is a good way to tell who has more skill, but in my opinion, FBI one of my fav vids, and it just happens to be on Xlink.

In my other opinion I think RL is the best drifter/and all around player on this forum from my knowledge.

Just because I think it is a little hard to tell someone who plays offline judging just from a vid how good they are, cuz sometimes we don't know how consistent they are, and if they have edited to make it look good when in reality its not.

My opinion......... I think people who complain of ping just have to match up with people who they have low ping with, I mean there are LAGLESS sessions ons kai.

I mean I don't think comparing videos is a good way to tell who has more skill, but in my opinion, FBI one of my fav vids, and it just happens to be on Xlink.

In my other opinion I think RL is the best drifter/and all around player on this forum from my knowledge.

Just because I think it is a little hard to tell someone who plays offline judging just from a vid how good they are, cuz sometimes we don't know how consistent they are, and if they have edited to make it look good when in reality its not.

Lan games would be better but if they made a Gt4 online, it will be the shiz niz

Lan games would be better but if they made a Gt4 online, it will be the shiz niz

True.... but I'm almost positive GT4 online would lag more then Xlink Kai, just because most all online PS2 games are plagued with lag:nervous: .

w/e I just guess we''l have to wait for GT5 on PS3 until people will be able to play each other w/o any lag:) , cuz I havent had any lag problems with PS3 online yet.

True.... but I'm almost positive GT4 online would lag more then Xlink Kai, just because most all online PS2 games are plagued with lag:nervous: .

w/e I just guess we''l have to wait for GT5 on PS3 until people will be able to play each other w/o any lag:) , cuz I havent had any lag problems with PS3 online yet.

Not really, I had some online games from PS2 that didn't lag for hours. But what will be funny to see a car in a drift position then suddenly take out the competition.

Back