Who do you think is the best?

• Thread starter BLITZ_69
  • 78 comments
Watch the whole thing, not just 2 minutes of it.

I did twice, and while it no doubt it's a lot of fun to do (and I regret not being able to do it myself), there's no more than a handful of decent drifts in it, and none followed a good line, decent exit or were actually in tandem. I'm sure it's exiting for those involved but I'm sorry to say it's not a very good display of car control.

(Not gonna get started on the music ;) )

drifting stock cars is much harder than tuning your car so make the thing slide.
I'd take that further and say that GOOD drifting is much harder than sliding the car around a bit. We just don't see a lot of it these days. BIG difference (and almost never mentioned) in my opinion. Try looking for entry, apexing/lines and expecially exits for once.. and you might get my point.

Ske
I did twice, and while it no doubt it's a lot of fun to do (and I regret not being able to do it myself), there's no more than a handful of decent drifts in it, and none followed a good line or were actually in tandem. I'm sure it's exiting for those involved but I'm sorry to say it's not a very good display of car control.

(Not gonna get started on the music ;) )

I'd take that further and say that GOOD drifting is much harder than sliding the car around a bit. We just don't see a lot of it these days. BIG difference (and almost never mentioned) in my opinion.

I would like to see you tandem...you and sheron are europe. I assume you don't quite understnad the elements with tandeming. No offense but Sure u can drift alone, but changing your rhythm to someone elses is a different skill entirely. There is no need to talk down on the xlinkers who are merely trying to raise an interest in the drifting done. Its not bad for us to invite more of you guys to play with us. We want to enjoy drifting together not alone making a video.

I would like to see you tandem...you and sheron are europe. I assume you don't quite understnad the elements with tandeming. No offense but Sure u can drift alone, but changing your rhythm to someone elses is a different skill entirely. There is no need to talk down on the xlinkers who are merely trying to raise an interest in the drifting done. Its not bad for us to invite more of you guys to play with us. We want to enjoy drifting together not alone making a video.

Sure there's nothing wrong with saying hey come join us, but when people who are on xlink think they're better than people who aren't on it, then there's a problem.

but, Ske has a point most xlink videos are only sub par,
If i saw 2 laps of suzuka, and the person did it the same way witha good line, regardless of angle, both laps, I would be more than happy to watch it, because it shows the consistency and the skill it takes to repeat, I drifted xbox live, forza for well over half a year, and I have to say tandeming isn't that hard. TC sweeper with your nose to their door isnt very difficult, heck, I used to switch from grip/tandeming with someone to mix it up a little bit because copying them got too easy/boring... Copying anothers skill isnt as difficult as you guys proclaim. In fact it isnt much harder then making a video. It is easier to work when someone is right in front of you because you it is obvious that you CAN do whatever they do.

but, Ske has a point most xlink videos are only sub par,
If i saw 2 laps of suzuka, and the person did it the same way witha good line, regardless of angle, both laps, I would be more than happy to watch it, because it shows the consistency and the skill it takes to repeat, I drifted xbox live, forza for well over half a year, and I have to say tandeming isn't that hard.
you have to be realy good my Xbox live tag is Lochsier hit me up and we will drift. tandeming in Forza is also much easier that in GT4.

Sorry southslider, My xbox live expired... It was BOMProphet
I lost most of it over christmas break, I wanna get back into it though, the understeer/lack of maneuverability in GT4 is killing me...
south you meant to hit edit right?

There is no need to talk down on the xlinkers who are merely trying to raise an interest in the drifting done. Its not bad for us to invite more of you guys to play with us. We want to enjoy drifting together not alone making a video.

I agree, and I'm not trying to talk down on anyone.. It's just that with all the selfrighteousness that's been poured into these threads lately it's hard to get a point across without harshness.

-------

Unrelated to dking's post, I'd also address the issue of stock vs tuned.... so many people seem to hide behind a handicap before mastering drifting with the proper tools...and then brag about it. It seems like the drifting scene around here has become more about bolstering egos than actually improving and pushing the limits.

In the end, this thread (or sadly, much of this forum of late) is not about the fun of drifting anymore.. it's become about who deserves bragging rights or not.... and that's not what got me into this game. And if you look at recent posts, the most outrageous claims seem to consistently come from xlinkers or stock drifters.

I love drifting, I love GT4 and I'd love a bit of competition... but in the end how can one be "the best" if they can't even drift a corner to the exit?

Anyway, to put my 2c in the original topic... the most impressive drifter I've seen has to be Mike le Chat Noir, both when it comes to "offline" videos and tandems. Shame he doesn't seem come around here anymore :\

yea
im so used to forza central
Forza central is so much more welcoming... +, you actually play with the best and realize that that is attainable, and they are active users...

Anyways, What is IDM?

"it's become about who deserves bragging rights or not...."
exactly

Sorry southslider, My xbox live expired... It was BOMProphet
I lost most of it over christmas break, I wanna get back into it though, the understeer/lack of maneuverability in GT4 is killing me...
south you meant to hit edit right?

Hehe another reason why sony is #1 with free online plaY! Come join us on kai. THe more the merrier. As to the sub par vid comments previously made...Most of the good ones are never recorded, because we usually just reproduce them.

btw getting stock to do the same as a tuned car is pretty impressive...I think that pushes the bounderies on stock car drifting...ok now flame me. =0D

Ske
I agree, and I'm not trying to talk down on anyone.. It's just that with all the selfrighteousness that's been poured into these threads lately it's hard to get a point across without harshness.

-------

Unrelated to dking's post, I'd also address the issue of stock vs tuned.... so many people seem to hide behind a handicap before mastering drifting with the proper tools...and then brag about it. It seems like the drifting scene around here has become more about bolstering egos than actually improving and pushing the limits.

In the end, this thread (or sadly, much of this forum of late) is not about the fun of drifting anymore.. it's become about who deserves bragging rights or not.... and that's not what got me into this game. And if you look at recent posts, the most outrageous claims seem to consistently come from xlinkers or stock drifters.

I love drifting, I love GT4 and I'd love a bit of competition... but in the end how can one be "the best" if they can't even drift a corner to the exit?

Anyway, to put my 2c in the original topic... the most impressive drifter I've seen has to be Mike le Chat Noir, both when it comes to "offline" videos and tandems. Shame he doesn't seem come around here anymore :\

Honestly, I don't blame him for not wanting to hang around here anymore, with the way this place is headed, no one will want to be in here.

Ske do you relise drifting tunesd cars is miles easier than drifting stock cars. i tryed drifting a stock FC3S GT-X just a minute ago and couldn't. but once i tuned it and its realy easy to drift.

Sorry DKing, I simply dont have the right cables, and Im 100% wireless,
plus I hate lag.
I really think that once you get down to the Xlink, and XBL, are the same, you have people playing together. people drifting. People practicing. but what good is it if you dont #1 enjoy it, and #2 improve!? If you simply replicate it, you must not be playing enough to be getting better... try staying home for a saturday and sticking to one car, until it is your best, thats how we do/did it on XBL
right Southsideslider?
ive revovled from AE86-s14-s2k-s15-AE86-rx7-AE86-rx7 ABFLUG-AE86- s14, pretty much just those in 6 months, and I enjoyed every second.

Ske do you relise drifting tunesd cars is miles easier than drifting stock cars. i tryed drifting a stock FC3S GT-X just a minute ago and couldn't. but once i tuned it and its realy easy to drift.

I'd say it depends on skills, sosme people can't drift stock to save their lives, others are natural wonders. Same thing how some people are really good at drifting low Hp cars, while others suck at it.

Sorry DKing, I simply dont have the right cables, and Im 100% wireless,
plus I hate lag.
I really think that once you get down to the Xlink, and XBL, are the same, you have people playing together. people drifting. People practicing. but what good is it if you dont #1 enjoy it, and #2 improve!? If you simply replicate it, you must not be playing enough to be getting better... try staying home for a saturday and sticking to one car, until it is your best, thats how we do/did it on XBL
right Southsideslider?
ive revovled from AE86-s14-s2k-s15-AE86-rx7-AE86-rx7 ABFLUG-AE86- s14, pretty much just those in 6 months, and I enjoyed every second.

Sorry I have been improving...No vids cause I don't think I have anything left to prove.

My point was that I'd rather see a good drift than a poor drift in a hard-to-drift car. Drifting is a display sport after all, it's about cornering sideways gracefully. In my opinion, it's not what car you use, it's how good your drifts look. And until you have completely mastered drifting with a good car I don't see the point in bragging about self inflicted handicaps...

So what if it's easier to drift tuned cars... that's the whole point of tuning isn't it? How interesting would drifting be if there was just a bunch of introverts doing 30mph in their MX5s with one wheel slightly out of line? I'd just like to see more people appreciate lines, flow and execution instead of staring at their own navels. More expression, less arguing please.

On another note, the FC3 shouldn't be that hard to drift stock at all (I used one for one of the WDS runs)

IDM fan boys has nothing on xlink kai players yo. =D That's my oppinion guys so yeah..

Interesting. You're entitled to your opinion. Of course a why would be nice as well.

btw getting stock to do the same as a tuned car is pretty impressive...I think that pushes the bounderies on stock car drifting...ok now flame me. =0D

Hmm...I think you mixing things up a bit dking. Because I know you would rather have your tuned cars on Xlink if it were possible. So, you justify this buy saying a stock car drifting close to what a tuned car can do is a big deal. To some degree it "can" be. But I think you feel this way mainly because you have no choice because you can't do tuned cars in network mode. Please correct me if I'm totally off base.

I think a good drift is a good drift(in the same drivetrain). It doesn't matter to me if it's stock or tuned. As far as the Xlink Debate...I've played on Kai at length and the lag HELPS a lot once you get used to it. So even though you're drifting a stock car, you get extended time to put in your inputs. I found that the greater the lag(within reason) the better my drifts were.

Dking, Suzuki and others. I've seen some fun stuff done on Kai, good tandem drifts and the like. But overall, the fun of the video is from the fact that two or more people drifting together. Not because they are drifting "so well".

As Ske has said, it totally depends on the car. Some cars are great stock, others need some tweaks and still others need near overhauls.

I just have one question, why does it seem that we associate amount of tuning with amount of skill?

Hey yo hold up what s this, Forza doesnt count cuz it aint GT! cmon people.

BTW Ske im glad you are sayin what you are sayin, it proves a very good point.

for me and as someone said before , FBI & IDM are just rulling the whole thing !
i don't want to talk anyone down but as i don't have kai , i can't tell if someone from here is the real **** or whatever but i guess no one on earth could easily kick FBI/IDM ass :)
i look up too to the other driftaddicts overhere for the spirit and goodwill they give around :cheers:

i d like to say too that tandeming is not only on kai...anyone can try to chase his own ghost...and after all : you don't drift to become the best but for the fun of it , right ?

for me and as someone said before , FBI & IDM are just rulling the whole thing !
i don't want to talk anyone down but as i don't have kai , i can't tell if someone from here is the real **** or whatever but i guess no one on earth could easily kick FBI/IDM ass :)

i d like to say too that tandeming is not only on kai...anyone can try to chase his own ghost...and after all : you don't drift to become the best but for the fun of it , right ?

For me, I'd say a little of both. In the beggining it was more for fun and not worrying about what people think of your stuff, and now it's more that I want to just better myself.

Interesting. You're entitled to your opinion. Of course a why would be nice as well.

Hmm...I think you mixing things up a bit dking. Because I know you would rather have your tuned cars on Xlink if it were possible. So, you justify this buy saying a stock car drifting close to what a tuned car can do is a big deal. To some degree it "can" be. But I think you feel this way mainly because you have no choice because you can't do tuned cars in network mode. Please correct me if I'm totally off base.

I think a good drift is a good drift(in the same drivetrain). It doesn't matter to me if it's stock or tuned. As far as the Xlink Debate...I've played on Kai at length and the lag HELPS a lot once you get used to it. So even though you're drifting a stock car, you get extended time to put in your inputs. I found that the greater the lag(within reason) the better my drifts were.

Dking, Suzuki and others. I've seen some fun stuff done on Kai, good tandem drifts and the like. But overall, the fun of the video is from the fact that two or more people drifting together. Not because they are drifting "so well".

As Ske has said, it totally depends on the car. Some cars are great stock, others need some tweaks and still others need near overhauls.

I just have one question, why does it seem that we associate amount of tuning with amount of skill?

To say all xlink vids aren't done well is a load of shiot. The same could be said about the many vids made and shown on gtp.
To say I would rather want tuned on xlink is speaking for me I prefer you do not do that in the future. Maybe you prefer tuned vs stock. But I find having stock cars evens the field making skill the only thing allowing people to drift.(poorly or well) We all know what you can do once you show up.
I personally would like to see stock cars drift like u see in xlink..> i bet no one would do it simply because it doesn't look as "cool" as tuned.

I think what we do on xlink is very respectable...Talking down on us for not drifting like tuned cars can is a bunch of crap. Just shows ignorance in not understanding what a stock car can and can't do.

As for everyone that thinks xlinkers suck blah blah. I feel sorry for you guys...Have fun drifting alone.

Those who truly understand, understand. Those who don't keep hating...It shows we are important.

If its so easy come join us 👍

To say all xlink vids aren't done well is a load of shiot. The same could be said about the many vids made and shown on gtp.

First off, why are you getting defensive? I'm not attacking you, Drift Dojo, Xlink or anything else so relax.

And when did I say ALL Xlink vids are garbage or ALL solo vids are great?

To say I would rather want tuned on xlink is speaking for me I prefer you do not do that in the future.

No problem, but you prove my point in the next segment.

Maybe you prefer tuned vs stock. But I find having stock cars evens the field making skill the only thing allowing people to drift.(poorly or well) We all know what you can do once you show up.
I personally would like to see stock cars drift like u see in xlink..> i bet no one would do it simply because it doesn't look as "cool" as tuned.

You see what I mean? I can understand for competitions stock vs stock would be cool. But you can't seriously think that the exhibition that could be put on by you and other members of your team wouldn't be better, more fun to watch and have more flash with tuned cars instead of being forced to use stock.

I think what we do on xlink is very respectable...

Yep, so do I. 👍

Talking down on us for not drifting like tuned cars can is a bunch of crap. Just shows ignorance in not understanding what a stock car can and can't do.

The people on this forum with proven drifting skill and experience have not at any point talked down about what goes on with Xlink matches and drifting.

As for everyone that thinks xlinkers suck blah blah. I feel sorry for you guys...Have fun drifting alone.

Those who truly understand, understand. Those who don't keep hating...It shows we are important.

See, this is the defensive thing again. There's really no need to go there. As I said, those who know, get it. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the challenge isn't the members who are not regularly on Xlink that are causing this "argument". But that it is those members that have just got started on Xlink and think that means their skill has been automatically elevated simply because they drift on Xlink.

Nobody has answered my question yet.

Swift

Back