Who else has turned off the music?

Messages
7
Messages
Soundsuite9
All because of that mind numbing, stab yourself in the face with a spoon, break off your own arm and play golf with it song...

with those little kids singing. You all know the one because it plays in the menu about 96% of the time your doing anything in GT5. Even if you originally liked the song, certainly you must hate it by now?

GT5 has been quiet for over a month now since I shut off the music. It's such a shame that a game featuring 200 some tracks, many of which are fairly good tracks, MOST of them with an option to be shut off seperately... yes all of them, ruined by this one track of doom that's always there to remind you of that day...
that day you watched the music video and how you'll never get the image of those dancing kids out of you head.

These days, only the "baby's" and "love you so's" can be heard like faint whispers in the background of fellow gamers mics. It's faint but always there at the end of every race and I can sense my fellow gamers quickly mashing the X button to start the race as to not make it far enough into the song where the kids start singing.

Have you turned off the music?
 
All because of that mind numbing, stab yourself in the face with a spoon, break off your own arm and play golf with it song...

with those little kids singing. You all know the one because it plays in the menu about 96% of the time your doing anything in GT5. Even if you originally liked the song, certainly you must hate it by now?

GT5 has been quiet for over a month now since I shut off the music. It's such a shame that a game featuring 200 some tracks, many of which are fairly good tracks, MOST of them with an option to be shut off seperately... yes all of them, ruined by this one track of doom that's always there to remind you of that day...
that day you watched the music video and how you'll never get the image of those dancing kids out of you head.

These days, only the "baby's" and "love you so's" can be heard like faint whispers in the background of fellow gamers mics. It's faint but always there at the end of every race and I can sense my fellow gamers quickly mashing the X button to start the race as to not make it far enough into the song where the kids start singing.

Have you turned off the music?


before my ylod i turned it off because you can't actually listen to it in menus. If you go to tuning section music switch , uccd ? switch, practice ? switch.

This is mad. I like music in menu but restarting music every 5 seconds is wrong. Same with pre race music. Why the hell u must listen 3 difrent tracks before you race ? i mean menu , pre race , race. 3 diffrent tracks..

It is nefred.
 
I liked the music at first, but got tired pretty quick. The only music I have turned on is the Johan Sebastian Bach songs and they're only on in the my GT home. I'd rather hear the music from the cars when i'm racing.
 
I turned off race music, just annoying as hell. However i keep Menu music on. Helps when im buying cars, lets me know when to press X so the "use this car now" option comes up faster.

Wish there was a "Buy All" option for UCD -.-
 
I wish I could turn off the UCD music and the "spend 1 minute showing your new car from a rubbish angle"-music as well.
 
Even after getting music like GnR etc put on my playlist for the "Driving Music" trophy, i didn't enable race music because it's still quite distracting.
 
Don´t need music while race, either. It just takes away the focus 👍
 
Disabled the music across the board, and the opening movie.

I use my iPod with my speed metal - gets a good rhythm going.
 
*Hand in the air*

Even if the default music was not terrible (which it is unless you are 10 or something) I would turn it off, much prefer the sound of the cars. I put my own music on, and got bored with that also.
 
All because of that mind numbing, stab yourself in the face with a spoon, break off your own arm and play golf with it song...

with those little kids singing. You all know the one because it plays in the menu about 96% of the time your doing anything in GT5. Even if you originally liked the song, certainly you must hate it by now?

GT5 has been quiet for over a month now since I shut off the music. It's such a shame that a game featuring 200 some tracks, many of which are fairly good tracks, MOST of them with an option to be shut off seperately... yes all of them, ruined by this one track of doom that's always there to remind you of that day...
that day you watched the music video and how you'll never get the image of those dancing kids out of you head.

These days, only the "baby's" and "love you so's" can be heard like faint whispers in the background of fellow gamers mics. It's faint but always there at the end of every race and I can sense my fellow gamers quickly mashing the X button to start the race as to not make it far enough into the song where the kids start singing.

Have you turned off the music?
i like that song
whats the name of it ?
I went threw all the songs and just left the ones i like on
but during race i have my own music
 
All music OFF (including menu ones) as soon as I started the game. I have my iPod for when I want to listen to music.
 
Menu music is still on, but the race and replay music is off. Racing with music puts me off, and it distracts me,
 
All because of that mind numbing, stab yourself in the face with a spoon, break off your own arm and play golf with it song...

with those little kids singing. You all know the one because it plays in the menu about 96% of the time your doing anything in GT5. Even if you originally liked the song, certainly you must hate it by now?

GT5 has been quiet for over a month now since I shut off the music. It's such a shame that a game featuring 200 some tracks, many of which are fairly good tracks, MOST of them with an option to be shut off seperately... yes all of them, ruined by this one track of doom that's always there to remind you of that day...
that day you watched the music video and how you'll never get the image of those dancing kids out of you head.

These days, only the "baby's" and "love you so's" can be heard like faint whispers in the background of fellow gamers mics. It's faint but always there at the end of every race and I can sense my fellow gamers quickly mashing the X button to start the race as to not make it far enough into the song where the kids start singing.

Have you turned off the music?

i lol'ed when i read that. yes i find that song extremely annoying
 
Get a USB memory stick and put your own mp3's on to listen to...

it's easy... search feature.
 
I disabled the opening movie and all music, even the menu sound effects. It all got so annoying after a while.

For music, I listen to Pandora radio with my phone and or laptop, depending on which is closer.
 
Nice replys guys, I thought for sure I was gonna get burned because it seems like alot of people like the Pnau track. It's all in good fun though I'm just joking around but I really do hate that song haha. I looked in the menu to shut it off like 4 times just to make sure it wasn't labeled under something else but no luck, it's not there. I've found that satellite radio works great combined with the car sfx of course. Happy GT'ng all.
 
I am not familiar with any of the music as turning off all music was the first thing I did when I played it for the first time.
 
I turned it all off as soon as I could. It's come to a point now where the first thing I do when I get a new game is turn the music off, since it is annoying in most games.
 
I replaced all the music with my own, but still get the other stupid dealership, ucd, special eventes, license music, and all the other crap. I wish i could just go un-interupted.
 
I turn the music off since GT1...makes more real...
 
It made me feel a little like The Stig doing a power lap... so I turned it off.
 
It's the first setting I change in the game, even before I remap the buttons on my Ds3!

All music is off!
 
I've turned it all off.. I'd keep it in the menu screens if it simply didn't keep changing..

because it changes you only ever hear the first few seconds of anything and what's the betting it slows down the menu's fetching that music file!!

And Why's it always the same Song!!

That's why it's off, it's a shame really, a lot of works gone into the music, and I may not hear any of it .. perhaps I'll put it back on for replays!
 
i made my own playlist to the game when im driving....
 
My race music is off, but the menu music I leave on because it makes the game seem so classy!
 
Back