Who else has turned off the music?

I have my own music set for the menus but when it comes to actual gameplay I turn all the music off.
 
I've always had the race music off, but up until recently, I had the menu music on. However, I turned that off about a month ago.
 
When your PC and TV sound system are one in the same -- it is hard to choose between playing YOUR tunes (Pandora,Itunes, etc) or listening to the car (apparently no-one likes GT5 soundtrack)..

Best of both worlds, make your OWN soundtrack!



Logitech Z5500+Bass up+Stereo X2+Custom Playlist = Bliss.
Proper engine rumble, your soundtracks, etc.
 
I still keep the menu music and racing music on. I LOVE London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Remix), and Dash - Wingy and some others when I'm racing. Though I turn it off when I'm racing online so I can hear people's mic chat.
 
Race music off.
Menu music on.
 
I really hope they give us the chance to do something about the annoying kiddie song - I have music off in races, but like the menu tunes on - apart from the one INFURIATING tune at the start of races that i can't do anything about...
 
I used to have only the menu music (or should I say muzak) playing, but now I have it all turned off, it's far too cheesy & annoying. Also, I can't understand why anyone would want to listen to music when racing, real race drivers don't do it & it's counter productive if you like to listen to the revs for shifting.


:)
 
I kept the menu music on. The race music sucks and was turned off a day into the game.
 
I turned all music off day 1.
 
I am not familiar with any of the music as turning off all music was the first thing I did when I played it for the first time.

+1. And in GT4 and 3 as well.👎
 
I turned it off but I just listen to a play list I made of all my favorite songs from the previous GTs along with some songs from other racing games. I need music when playing racing games otherwise I get this deserted feeling.

I do listen to the normal menu music though.
 
Menu music fantastic, race music got annoying quick. Playing my own music became annoying, now just the sound of the engine companying my driving suits
 
I had it on for a little while, but what on God's green acres made them pick half the stuff they did. It's a cross between bad coffeehouse music...and pron soundtracks from the 70's. I turned it all off.
 
GT5 has music? I turn music off in every driving game. The engine roars and traction noises , and doppler effects is music to my ears.
 
have my own music playing at menu and during races, but have it a faint volume during races
 
One of the first things I do in any racing game is turn the music off during any driving/racing. In GT5 I've also lowered the menu music quite a bit.
 
Like in real life, car audio is for people who don't own good engines... I love the sound of my car's engine (and so in GT5)
 
Even after playing GT5 for a few months now, the PNAU track still puts me in the mood to race. Quite a number of people dislike the song, but personally, I like it :) the bassline with the combination of the piano is awesome! I watched the music video of the original non remixed of that song on Youtube... kinda creepy I must say :nervous:.
 
I turned off all the music before I even started playing. Don't care what it is since I was fairly certain that PD does not share my tastes.
 
I turned off all the music on day 1. GT2 was the only game with decent music. Luckily, I don't play GT for the music.
 
Custom music fixes it for me.
 
One of the first things I do in any racing game is turn the music off during any driving/racing. In GT5 I've also lowered the menu music quite a bit.

Same. I honestly have no idea what the race music is, I turned it off before my first race. As such I'll never get the custom music trophy :)
 
Music off during the races here too. Definitely no need for that.
But for the menus and the replays i have my own music.
Bob Marley for the menus and Jamiroquai for the replays.
 
Back