Who else has turned off the music?

I still need to import my own music but for now I selected only the in-game classical music for the menu backdrop, got tired of the jazz and lounge stuff very quickly especially after hearing the same tunes more than once every few minutes, as I find the classical music a relaxing antidote to the engine noises I hear most of the time playing since turning off the racing music was the first thing I did.
 
Turned off all music the day I bought it.
It's a Driving Simulator, not a Karaoke game.
 
Turned off all music the day I bought it.
It's a Driving Simulator, not a Karaoke game.
By that reasoning, any games that aren't rhythm games shouldn't have background music. Unless you would go as far as to say GT5 is a driving simulator and not a game.
 
I don´t pay attention to it, although I find it very irritating sometimes.
For the in-race music, its been off since GT2 for me. For the replay music, I have my own music, with the volume much lower than SFX.

Is there a way to use your own music in the menu, btw?
 
Not me! :D

While I do enjoy driving without music in real life... in games I like to hear music as loud as the engine :)

Edit:

@ Husky: Look for the Audio adjustments in the Options menu... ;) Should be right there! :D
 
I don't like that PNAU song either. Yuck, it's even badly produced. I leave Menu music on but run from that song as quick as I can.

However, the smooth jazz and the like are excellent! I also have replay music on, because replays are a little less interesting without a backing track.
 
I like music on. It takes my mind off things. Even in GT5, when racing, it keeps me level-headed.

Besides, the engine sound is loud enough where I can still hear it.
 
Who's idea was it to put that song? I thought my copy of GT5 turned into a preschool sing along game.
 
I love racing with music. Mainly because it pulls me into the race more. Infact, almost everything I do, I do it with music. Work, homework, driving, games.
 
I have my own music playing when I race. The normal in-game non-race music isn't off but just very quiet. Optimum settings for me. :)
 
I disabled the opening movie and all music, even the menu sound effects. It all got so annoying after a while.

For music, I listen to Pandora radio with my phone and or laptop, depending on which is closer.

Is it possible to disable the opening movie? Can I turn it off so it never starts on its own? If so I'd love to know how.
 
I made a playlist of all the awesome menu music from the previous GTs for the menus, but I have race music disabled. I wish PD let you choose different music for different menus, I want to get rid of that infuriating piano in GT Auto.
 
Left the menu music on, but turned the music during races off.
 
I liked the music at first, but got tired pretty quick. The only music I have turned on is the Johan Sebastian Bach songs and they're only on in the my GT home. I'd rather hear the music from the cars when i'm racing.

👍👍

The music in GT5 doesn't compare to GT4 IMO...
I prefer to turn it right down & listen to the engine, (A much sweeter sound).
 
Custom soundtracks, for the win! :dopey:

I litsen to Tom Petty and ZZ Top during the races, and have custom menu music as well. Now I wish my custom menu music would keep playing instead of getting interrupted when I go into the Dealerships....or the Used Car Dealership...or the Tuning Shop...or GT Auto.....see where I'm going here? :crazy:
 
I turn off the music when I go online because I can't listen to my custom playlist, but otherwise I leave it on.
 
Turned it off. Most of the tracks aren't bad at all. It's just that they change way too often.
However the most annoying music is when you buy a car. Especially when you go for the 1000 cars trophy.
The only time when I'm listening to music is while driving the races that last for hours. Otherwise they'd get pretty boring.
 
I made a thread about this song a while back. For some reason I haven't turned the music off. But my friend always yells for me to hurry and start races before the kids start singing. I hate the sound of children singing... but this is extra bad... especially when you see the video with the dancing pedophiles and how stupid the kids look. Very dumb idea putting it in this game at all.
 
yes... I had to also hurry and start the race before the kids started singing in that ridiculous song. Drives me insane. I eventually just turned off all menu BGM for that very reason. That particular BGM is not in the song list and cannot just be turned off by itself =[
 
I so totally agree with OP, and I did turn off all music for a while JUST because of that one idiotic song. WTF PD/Kaz?! Why do you make us listen to that garbage just to listen to all the other music- or your own!?

Anyway- I couldn't stand the silence so I turned background music for menus back on. I only listen to the music in menus, never in race or replay or any other time.. I've turned a lot of the songs off too, but some are "ok".. i haven't gotten around to putting in my own custom tunes yet.

There's a special place in hell for the person/people who decided to make us listen to that god-awful mess of a song while waiting for races.
 
I turned off all the music when I'm racing. I sometimes turn it on for endurance races to save my sanity...
 
I turn on my own music. I turned off the music on the game, let the game play through the TV speakers. Then I turn on some MP3's and let it play through my surround sound system. Works for me.
 
That loading screen song is Pnau - "Baby [Breakbot remix]".

I'm a big fan of French electronic music like Daft Punk, Justice, and Breakbot; anything with chopped-up slap bass, compressed bass drum, and the odd sunny piano breakdown I usually like. That's the main reason I turned off that song immediately so as to not ruin it by playing it thousands of times in the loading screen as I race online a lot.

I can't really do the in-race music, either. I like listening to the engine for gear changes, so if there's a 4/4 beat pumping away in the background I can't really concentrate as well. Kinda sucks.
 
I disabled every last track in the music library before the one menu track could get too annoying. The track that put me over the edge was "Talk Box" and it kept popping up while I was trying to gold licenses. Hearing that awful intro when anticipating another failed test was just too much.

I tried using the "personal BGM" but no matter how many times I saved the settings, after doing a license test I would have no more personal BGM, the setting would get reset somehow. This was a few patches ago and I haven't bothered to turn any music on since then. There is some good quality music to choose from but I just haven't felt the need to turn it on. The one time I wanted some music (Tsukuba 9-hr) I happened to already be listening to the game through my pc sound card, so I just turned some music on.
 
Music: OFF since Gt1 in 1998 :-)
 
Me. I like to here the sound of the car.
 
That was GT3. :crazy:

GT4 actually. :boggled:

But come on, the music not that bad! I mean, you don't notice it as much eventually, but I still think it isn't a bad selection, if not very well known, and also not every track is to my liking. Also the GT5P menu music is still available in the Music Library. All you have to do is just search around for it.
 
Back