Who else is giving up on GT Sport?

• Thread starter Will Dias
  • 278 comments
PD also lumps other markets in their "Europe" stats. is the middle east or africa Europe now, or do they consider them Asia.

Uk France Germany ex are individual markets, i don't understand why you are arguing common sense.
Who gets lumped into what market is irrelevant. You can only make comparisons based on official sales figures and those sales figures are sorted by the developer in a particular way.

Did the address the lack of cars and tracks lack of weather and modyfing, Nope and not even close nope nope.

Thus the main complaints still stand, you'll be racing on the same tracks with the same cars with little variety overall.

Let's be honest though. They could have announced 5 new tracks, 10 new cars and the entire game and all future updates were gonna be free and you would still complain. From the moment you created your account till this very post you have not acknowledged one single positive attribute of the game.

I haven't touched GT6 since 2015, and I have yet to try out GT Sport, so apologies for my lack of understanding. I don't follow the crowd enough to warrant what feels "right".
No need to follow any crowd, just compare it to reality.

Let's be honest though. They could have announced 5 new tracks, 10 new cars and the entire game and all future updates were gonna be free and you would still complain. From the moment you created your account till this very post you have not acknowledged one single positive attribute of the game.

Let's be honest then, They DIDN'T announce that.

Not much positive to acknowledge other then it's a great overpriced prologue lol. Actually i have and acknowledge some positivity. Nice job making stuff up. And cut the bs. It's still the same cars same tracks no dynamic weather and no modification to the cars.

They did good PR job trying to salvage the game with this announcement but i'm not a fooled.

90% of the complaints of day one still stand.

Ohh and the moronic online only saving isstill there.

Let's be honest then, They DIDN'T announce that.

Not much positive to acknowledge other then it's a great overpriced prologue lol. Actually i have and acknowledge some positivity. Nice job making stuff up. And cut the bs. It's still the same cars same tracks no dynamic weather and no modification to the cars.

They did good PR job trying to salvage the game with this announcement but i'm not a fooled.

90% of the complaints of day one still stand.

Ohh and the moronic online only saving isstill there.

I rest my case.

Please can you help me? I don’t know if this is the correct thread. I enter races (one make) only thing you’re able to change is traction (I put it on 2) I understand others may be better drivers with racing lines, braking points but can you explain why I’m driving on the long straight on Tokyo Express Way - East Outer Loop, position 9th, top gear (6th) as changed up when red lining it, I’m in the slip stream of 8th position and positions 9, 10, 11 pass me like I’ve my foot on the brake and then disappear about 3 seconds in front?

If it was braking, racing line or they’ve set up better I’d understand but we were all equal as I explained in the race and it was on a long straight. It’s so disheartening always coming last and makes you feel like you’ve wasted money on the purchase. What am I doing wrong?
I would imagine the exit out of the final corner could be a possible cause, extra drive gained here will carry the whole length of that straight and can be substantial...

I have fun in Sport mode when I get in a well matched race. But most of the time I’m either way faster than all but 1 or 2 guys or I’m matched with guys lapping 3-4 seconds faster per lap. Hopefully matchmaking gets tweaked. I would prefer more closely matched lobbies at the expense of a full field.

Obviously there are issues with the SR system (too easy to level up and too easy to game the system). Hopefully this will also be worked on.

My biggest complaint is the lack of races and diversity in Sport mode. Not to mention the long wait in between races. You shoul be able to finish a race, go back to the race menu and jump in another race within 10 minutes. The decisions on tracks and cars has been pretty terrible too. One make races with terrible cars as two of the dailies is just silly.

Lastly, the physics are pretty questionable. Tire modeling is complete trash and everything else feels arcadey.

I’m not giving up on the game because it has so much potential. PD just needs to get all the issues sorted. In the meantime I’m going to pick up Project Cars 2 and see what that’s all about. Variety never hurts.

Did exactly that, picked up PC2 for something different. Stack of content and plenty to keep you interested outside the online platform, of course has that as well. Besides I need an alternative if the GTS servers are down! Nothing beats the " Beauty " of GTS but still needs a lot of work. There is no hard and fast rule that you have to carry out all your sim racing on only one platform......

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it goes like now:

I cant race dailys because its one in a hour!!!!!!! And if i cant race online races there is no reason for me to play the game.

Example i want to do the gr3 daily missed it 19:25 so now i have to wait till 20:25...... so i start up a other game now because i cant race.
Been there................

Well guys, after 10 pages of a lot of (cool) discussion, we see an update offered by PD - have you seen the news?

So we’re gonna get (for free) a range of offline championships, plus many cars from Shelby Cobra to R34 GT-R (including a VW Kombi) and a nice review of many of our dramas - especially how SR is calculated.

I didn’t give up on the game during these days, and I see that patience may be paying off... better days ahead?

Back