Who here drifts in RL?

• Thread starter haubi
  • 109 comments
Don't suppose there's a GT Planet member discount....... Would love a day drifting! I remember that day in 2006. That was the first time I ever saw proper drifting.

To be honest, I was thinking about doing something like that. Let me get something set up and we can go from there ;)

The closest thing to real life drifting I've experienced in this game is a stock 86 GT on comfort hards at GT Arena.
I gave it a go and the 86 drifts surprisingly well without losing control or snap oversteering like crazy. The only thing I'd say is give it about 30-50 hp more then it seems spot on 👍 .

I´ve taken my daily driver, a Volvo 940 turbo, to drift events a couple of times.
I think it´s got somewhere around 230-240hp.
Welded diff, gutted, bucket seats, 3-exhaust, upgraded suspension and polyurethan bushings, double rear stabilizer.

Props to you for drifting that.

I have just bought myself a fanatec gt2 wheel... After selling my g25 a few years back I got the itch again so hopefully will provide some footage of gt6 wheel drifting, as well as forza and probably assetto corsa :) Will be good to see how the different games react as I have quiet a bit more experience drifting my miata than last time I had a wheel

Should get here some time this week but got my exams comin up the week after so will not get a lot of time... Also my buddy has my GoPro so will be a while until I can upload some footage

You would not find me on the track with a steeringwheel in my hard, but a couple of friends and people I know of my do(BMW M3 E30 with M8 V8, skyline r32, skyline r33, rx7 with chevy v8).

I'm more active at the side of the track, with my DSLR :D

Not drifting yet as I don't have a car and I'm not at the legal age to drive yet, but when I'm there, it's gonna be a Corolla AE86 with a SR20 or 1JZ, road illegal of course, it'll just be my Track Missle!
And a Slammed Golf Mk2 and a trailer'd do nicely... :embarrassed:

damn, didn't see that coming at all @bhooligan , good thing you had your rollbar in place. nice skills in the dry as well!
Need to really get myself to some dry events but money is tight as these days :(

Yeah i do, mostly street. I did a beginners day(link bellow) which i was probably too good for, but where i live you cant get onto any real tracks unless you have a half cage :/
And ofcourse i dont really have any good videos from the day except for a borrowed go pro and one a random sent to me of one of my bad laps :/

Taking a bit of a break atm since car is getting re-sprayed.

My PSN is CA18DE_S13(because it used to be CA

Attachments

• 1889572_10152097439343347_1219969668_o.jpg
    1889572_10152097439343347_1219969668_o.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 1982742_10152097445343347_835065233_o.jpg
    1982742_10152097445343347_835065233_o.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 10617224_10152681522411474_872613228_n.jpg
    10617224_10152681522411474_872613228_n.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 13
Yeah i do, mostly street. I did a beginners day(link bellow) which i was probably too good for, but where i live you cant get onto any real tracks unless you have a half cage :/
And ofcourse i dont really have any good videos from the day except for a borrowed go pro and one a random sent to me of one of my bad laps :/

Taking a bit of a break atm since car is getting re-sprayed.

My PSN is CA18DE_S13(because it used to be CA

Hey I drifted with you a little while ago in GT6.

You can still enter at Winton in D class but they limit you to the new skid pan there.
Just get a half cage for it, they are pretty cheap.

I used to. I had a S13 then a S14a and a NA MX5 beater. I mainly did street though. I tried a drift day and it was fine for a few hours, then I got bored of effectively just going around in circles. When I started getting really good at it I reached the point where I was taking big chances and I was getting in situations where if I made a mistake I was going to get seriously injured, which I loved tbh, but I thought its not such a good idea doing that when there could be an innocent road user just round the corner with kids in the car, so I stopped it. Plus the Police where starting to clamp down on us. As I said, tracks bored me, competitive drifting doesn't do anything for me, (plus legit drifting is quite expensive here) and I need my license for my job so I quit it while I was ahead.

I went and bought an S4 thinking I was being sensible then soon realised with a bit of persuasion they can be slid around a bit too. I've been well behaved since then though :).

Hey I drifted with you a little while ago in GT6.

You can still enter at Winton in D class but they limit you to the new skid pan there.
Just get a half cage for it, they are pretty cheap.

I see you in rooms alot man! Some mercedes guy was trying to tell me about SR's i think?

Yeah, I'm planning on getting a cage, it needs so many other things right now like r33 5 stud conversion, speakers, alarm, wheels(may have just put a deposit on some kakimotos) and turbo.

And between all of this im trying to have a non loser life and go out still :/

And winton skid pan would be the biggest waste of $300 plus fuel and tyres... not keen.

I drift in real life too. I am in formula drift pro-am and my car is a nissan 240sx zenki with a tubo by garrett boosted kat. nice to see some other drivers in this game that might actually know what they are talking about lol

I see you in rooms alot man! Some mercedes guy was trying to tell me about SR's i think?

Yeah, I'm planning on getting a cage, it needs so many other things right now like r33 5 stud conversion, speakers, alarm, wheels(may have just put a deposit on some kakimotos) and turbo.

And between all of this im trying to have a non loser life and go out still :/

And winton skid pan would be the biggest waste of $300 plus fuel and tyres... not keen.

Cusco S13 Cages are kinda hard to find but worth the money since they are removable. Go for it.

Cusco S13 Cages are kinda hard to find but worth the money since they are removable. Go for it.
Cusco cages and all other Japan spec cages wont pass Vic Drift rules.

It needs to be a CAMS Schedule J spec half cage or better to be allowed onto the track other than Wintons Skid Pan and Drift Skills.

The cheapest CAMS spec cage you can get that will pass is something like $650 but if you look out some places will do cages for dirt cheap and thats when you should get one.

Cusco cages and all other Japan spec cages wont pass Vic Drift rules.

It needs to be a CAMS Schedule J spec half cage or better to be allowed onto the track other than Wintons Skid Pan and Drift Skills.

The cheapest CAMS spec cage you can get that will pass is something like $650 but if you look out some places will do cages for dirt cheap and thats when you should get one.

Yeah a friend of mine works with Scott McQueen so i will probably get one from him. I think he quoted me $700 which isnt too bad.

Yeah a friend of mine works with Scott McQueen so i will probably get one from him. I think he quoted me $700 which isnt too bad.
Yeah McQueens are pretty good.

They will most probably be doing the cage in my R31 when I get around to it.

I doo :) been in to it for about 5 years since I was 13 starting off in a 160hp Volvo 340 Renault William f7r engine. On Suzuki GSXR carbs.
Now 18 im rebuilding my r32 comp car for driftcup 2015. Here's our latest vid filmed by Lukas skersas Aka bandana boy

Back