Who here drifts in RL?

• Thread starter haubi
  • 109 comments
Hey guys, thought I'd make a thread about Real-life Drifting

I drive a '91 Miata with a welded diff and have been to several drift days now

check out my youtube-channel to see some footage: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UuxXrGWYfDs20W3OxoTag
[youtube][/youtube]

Would love to upload some GT5/GT6 Drifting in the future but unfortunately I don't have a capture card :(

Anyone else on here drift? what car do you drive?

cheers
haubi

Last edited:
I do in friends cars from time to time. Been a while since the last time though. Profile picture is me.

My friend from my old team does, he has an S14a that he takes to drift days quite a lot... @LostKen

+ MCR-Driftit666 has an S15, but not sure if he's been to any drift days. @driftmonkey1971

I'll be drifting once I can afford a little drift missile... ;)

I use to with my Z32, until I had to sell it to pay for college -_-

I have a good friend up here with a dodge charger he lets me "drive" it since he doesn't, and occasionally go to the Scion dealer to beat some FR-S' when I'm stressed from Midterms lol (the salesmen dont come with you on the test drive here in Utah:D )

Out of curiosity, has anyone been to Willow Springs in RL?

I would love to try it out some time in the nearest future, but as I'm currently only 16 years old, I'm not allowed to drive, so it wont be in the next at least two years. Unfortunately.

Hey guys, thought I'd make a thread about Real-life Drifting

I drive a '91 Miata with a welded diff and have been to several drift days now

check out my youtube-channel to see some footage: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UuxXrGWYfDs20W3OxoTag

Would love to upload some GT5/GT6 Drifting in the future but unfortunately I don't have a capture card :(

Anyone else on here drift? what car do you drive?

cheers
haubi

Oh Hey Haubi didn't knew you were playing GT5/6 :embarrassed:
Love your videos watched all of them and I will get a Real Miata in a Year or two aswell :)
Drifting the Miata in GT5/6 most time too :D

I do as well, or rather, did. In the process of rebuilding. I have a 1st gen rx7 that the housing seals went out on. could still drift, but someone might not like the coolant I would be leaving behind, and stopping every lap to refill would get old I think. So, I'll be adding a custom intake made from a GSXR throttle body and a turbo from a second gen rx7. Then I'll be back at the drift thang again.

I do with an ae86. All it's got is a 2way so when it slides it looks rather comical. More like land yachting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 11
i try to drift haha, i have an r33gtst, engine is relatively stock, mainly worked on suspesion, have all adjustable arms, modified knuckles(r33's have ****** steering lock) solid rear subframe and diff bushes, adjustable coilovers and locked diff.

Before I spun a bearing on my 4AGELU I used to slide my MR2 through wet parking lots at night, hardly a ken block but it was very fun. I tried, TRIED to drift the M30 and.... it doesn't really work.

I am driving the leading car. It is actually a friends car that let me borrow it and gave me the ok to do just about anything to it. :-D Just a 96 S14 with a stock rebuilt KA and old aftermarket arms with really loose joints and blown coilovers. Working on getting my car running again for this coming years season.

awesome! didn't think so many drifted for real too! that dude was all up in your business, looks like a blast!

Unfortunately I was only able to do wet events until now, really looking forward to skidding in the dry sometime in 2014 though!

awesome! didn't think so many drifted for real too! that dude was all up in your business, looks like a blast!

Unfortunately I was only able to do wet events until now, really looking forward to skidding in the dry sometime in 2014 though!
It is a bit stressful being in the front of a multi car tandem for real. Because if you mess up the train falls apart and sometimes bad things happen. But thats the risk you take, the risk you accept when you tandem. I use GT to scratch my itch of addiction. It helps a little, but nothing beats actually being in the drivers seat of a car blasting around the track sideways with your friends.

right on! Had my first experience with a multi-car tandem on my last driftday, it really is stressful and almost resulted in 2 crashes but man it's so much fun :D

I used to, never been to an event but did tons of streeting. I sold my S14 kouki (ka with exhaust, coils, all adjustable arms, welded diff, steering and seat) earlier this year to build a sedan. I watch alot of japanese vids and could not get enough of how cool sedans look sideways (so much that's all I use now on GT) so I decided to take the plunge and sell the kouki. Now I'm slowly picking up parts to build a 1jz LS400.

I used to, never been to an event but did tons of streeting. I sold my S14 kouki (ka with exhaust, coils, all adjustable arms, welded diff, steering and seat) earlier this year to build a sedan. I watch alot of japanese vids and could not get enough of how cool sedans look sideways (so much that's all I use now on GT) so I decided to take the plunge and sell the kouki. Now I'm slowly picking up parts to build a 1jz LS400.

That must be one hell of car to drift.. I'd imagine you'd have to upgrade internals a fair bit, to stretch out the power/torque band, considering the heavy chassis. Keep us posted, very keen on the outcome of your build. Also, in terms of suspension will you be strengthening anything or reinforcing anything i.e turrets?

Back