Who is getting an Xbox One for Forza 6?

• Thread starter robbyf
  • 321 comments
So who is taking the XBOX plunge? Count me in. Would be interesting to see the community numbers. If you already have one, you don't count. This is for GT players who only play gt5/gt6 right now and possibly people who skipped gt5-gt6.
You probably won't find many GT players in the FH2 section wondering about FM6. The community is small, in comparison to GT. You'd be able to find out more in the actual FM6 section, though.

You probably won't find many GT players in the FH2 section wondering about FM6. The community is small, in comparison to GT. You'd be able to find out more in the actual FM6 section, though.
Oopps. meant to post this in fm6. Maybe the mods can move it?

(moved. Thank you!)

Last edited:
So who is taking the XBOX plunge? Count me in. Would be interesting to see the community numbers. If you already have one, you don't count. This is for GT players who only play gt5/gt6 right now and possibly people who skipped gt5-gt6.

Yeah ordered the new console, think it sucks the Ultimate Edition isn't included but FM6 is the main reason for getting the console and a TX wheel.

I was going to get one for forza 5 but it was a little light in the content department for me so I passed on it.

But forza 6 looks great and with backwards compatibility now I can't resist any longer.

Forza was a big factor for me, but I'm also waiting for Tomb Raider, Halo 5 and wanted to play State of Decay, Sunset Overdrive, Halo MCC, etc. To me it just has a much, much better selection of exclusives.

I did have the Forza console on pre-order but the hype quickly died down for me so cancelled it. However the latest few car reveals have got the hype back up so on the look out for a bargin XBONE lol

I did have the Forza console on pre-order but the hype quickly died down for me so cancelled it. However the latest few car reveals have got the hype back up so on the look out for a bargin XBONE lol

It'd be good to have you back in the fold Stoney, it was always your times I was chasing in FM4 Rivals!

I bought a 1TB Advanced Warfare special edition that was on offer as it came with a FM5 download after I was fed up of hearing about the competition. FM6 was an inevitable purchase for me.

Last edited:

We've already got two in the household, so I guess buying myself a special third doesn't really count.

For me, Forza 5 wasnt a big enough draw to get me an xbox... granted they were quite expensive at the time here... $550? $600?

FH2 pushed me over the edge and the black friday sales. $400? yeah why not

so basically the xbox has been an f5 fh2 and now, an f6 machine... thats pretty much it

Multiplatforms are better off on ps4 or pc but whatever dregs that have no choice wind up on the xbox.

Also strangely Microsoft have pushed a lot of free content so really, cant complain.

For me, Forza 5 wasnt a big enough draw to get me an xbox... granted they were quite expensive at the time here... $550? $600?

FH2 pushed me over the edge and the black friday sales. $400? yeah why not

so basically the xbox has been an f5 fh2 and now, an f6 machine... thats pretty much it

Multiplatforms are better off on ps4 or pc but whatever dregs that have no choice wind up on the xbox.

Also strangely Microsoft have pushed a lot of free content so really, cant complain.
Dregs is a strange description for FH2 and FM6.

I didn't buy One for FM6, but in 2013 did buy One largely for Forza in general. I play other games, too, but Forza was a deciding factor between One and PS4. Other factors included undying hatred for Sony's dimwitted controllers and poor customer service (worst of the Big Three by far.)

Need to know how Free-play in FM6 is first. If all cars are available from the start, you can choose stock colors (you couldn't in FM5 because they were rentals) and what race options, in general, are available in free-play.

I got my One (as a gift) back in May, solely for Forza (I already had FM5 and FH2 ready to go). I also got PCARS for it, but I've barely touched that. I was stuck between the two big systems this gen, but as racing games are still my primary genre, it made sense to go for the one with the better exclusives. I'll eventually get a PS4, since I've got more friends that own one, and I'd prefer multi-plats on there (as well as all the non-racing exclusives), but I think I made the right choice going Microsoft-first this generation.

The gamepad is really really good in FH2, this is coming from a wheel only player (getting my wheel in a month or two)

Forza seems more tailored to a controller than GT is (as you're coming from that, the comparison seems valid). When I started on FM3/FM4, it took a little while to get used to, but once I did, I found the controller more comfortable than the DS3 for driving. Using the triggers becomes second nature, and they're even better in FM5/FH2/FM6 now that they have a rumble feature themselves. The controller gives a lot of feedback about what the wheels are doing.

Back