Who is getting an Xbox One for Forza 6?

• Thread starter robbyf
  • 321 comments
I played FH2 for 360 when I still had one. I want to get the most out of 6 before going to another racer. I am kind of flooded when it comes to games right now anyway.

I get that feeling, I do: I just got a PS4 and have too many games to play.

That said, don't judge FH2 XB1 based on the 360 version. Other than the location and a chunk of the car list, they're very different beasts.

I wanted FH2 when I got the Xbox One for FM6. I decided FH2 was still too expensive next to the new FM6, so I decided to wait for a price cut. It's now here but I currently suspect FM6 is all I need until something new arrives from the franchise. I can't tell if I'll enjoy taking all these familiar cars to the open road with arcade physics. I appreciate FM6 for its realism and the great and expanding car / track combination encompassed by it. Am I looking for something beyond that? I don't know but 50% off is significant!

As long as you drive as if you were in the real world and use sim-steering with the deadzones adjusted, then H2 feels realistic in free roam. Sure, the races are pure arcade, but outside of that it's as realistic as you play it.

I just picked up the gears of war bundle from target and it came with a $60 gift card. Used the gift card to pick up forza 6 and got another $15 gift card. Also used my target card to save an extra 5%. I think i got a pretty good deal!

Im loving the game so far and havent had any problems or glitches. After tweaking the deadzones a bit, the game feels really good. I like the rumble in the triggers. The grapbics are awesome as expected and gameplay is smooth at 60fps. Overall its been really fun and cant wait to grow my car collection and customize them all.

If you have the game please add me on live i need more friends lol. Gamertag is xXDom00000Xx

I picked up an Xbox One not just because of Forza but to have more games for this generation as this generation's video games are already starting to take up more space.

Buying a new hardrive for my PS4 was another option but I felt like I was getting a lot more out of the Xbox One. Waste of money or not, I don't care. :P

I'm jumping on the Xbone wagon too. Got a great cyber monday deal, and after buying both consoles last gen i decided not to play that game this time. I was going to wait for GT7 to arrive but GT Sport isnt even out until next year, and I sadly lost a bit of confidence in Polyphony digital's ability to best the Forza series. For me Forza motorsport is more in tune with my desires in a car game, but even if Kaz came back swinging with both barrels loaded for GT7, that doesn't give an answer to Forza Horizon 1, 2 and next year 3, which i really enjoy.

Halo 5 is also pretty cool looking, and im really digging Rise of the Tomb raider. (Which ps4 will get, IN A YEAR)

Add rainbow six seige, the crew, battlefield 4 (might just wait for 5) just cause 3

Gosh it gonna be a good year for gaming...

Same here...I was waiting to see when gt7 was going to be announced...but it was time for a new console. With fallout 4, The witcher 3 etc and a bunch of other nex gen games waiting. I've always been a huge fan of both forza and gran Turismo, but i dont know when GT7 is coming. I can probably save up and buy a ps4 before it comes out. So I got my Xbox one about a month ago. Loving forza 6

Dont know for sure.

But ill gues there is a very high chance we will see Forza 7, maybe even 8 before we see GT7 :-)

Anyway Polyphony, will have to step up their game a lot to beat the Forza series + there will also be competition from Project Cars 2, and Asseto Corsa.

Thats not true at all. Polyphony will sell more than Forza 6 Project Cars and Assetto Corra combined and GT Sport isnt even a mainstream title.

They have the advantage of being the #1 console and there's pent up demand.

Oh I wasn't talking about sales, Im just saying that for the previous gen (PS3/360), I Think Forza was the better series for me. Which is kind of bittersweet for me because my first taste of real sim racing was GT3 at a friends house (the best feeling GT ever imho) resulting in me working all summer and buying my own PS2 and GT4; which I played every free (and not really free) moment I had for almost a half. Awesome memories, so good in fact that when I bought a PS3 and had to make a psn id I chose gt4viper, because I loved that viper red 03 Viper SRT10 in all of its 1032 hp glory that I hot lapped El Capitan (hint hint Kaz!) until it had less than 1000hp, unrestoreable so I had to buy a new viper. Twice. Even though my game save got corrupted once, I won it all back.
You know, maybe if I had got a girlfriend and invested all this time in her, Id be married by now...naahh.

Anyhow sorry for the book im righting here, but long story short, I hope GT5/6 as good as they were, were bucauze of system limitations. (which GT5 was a mind blowing step over GT4, I remember hooking up that PS3 the first time on my 58" Pansaonic plasma and watching that intro, and having my mind blown by the beauty of it (first bluray experience).
Hopefully PS4 with all its xbone thrashing horsepower give kaz the tools he needs to make GT king again, I just wish he wouldnt get so distracted on Vision GT and GT Academy and that FIA racing championship.

Seriously Kaz, all we ask for is every car ever made. in all configurations, colors, paint scheme, and fully interchangeable parts with every other car, plane and boat ever made. And we want to drive them everywhere. The entire freakin planet... you might even call it GT Planet...
Is that to much to ask, really,? Its not like were asking for the moon here. Oh wait... lol

While im waiting for that im still keeping my PS3, but im not betting all my next gen chips on GT until I see full GT7 or whatever they call it get reviewed by some people here.
Until then FM6 ftw!

I'm new to the forum and this post is interesting for me. I don't have a PS4 or XB1 and PS3 games golden era are gone. I really like race games, but seeing the options for the new generation consoles, I'm thinking seriously about give up PS platform and try XB1, because, unfortunately, we don't know when a GT7, or whatever it'll be called, will be released and, for PS4, I think that the only PS4 that's comparable to GT series is Project Cars, which is not so astonishing as Forza 6 but can also be played on XB1. Until a new GT game realease, the race game options for XB1 are, in my opinion, much better. I think it's a really bad idea and waste of money and time play Drive Club on PS4 waiting for a brand new GT game.

I'm really close to buying the X1 because of the Horizon Series. I've been hesitant about switching over hoping that somebody on the PS4 would come up with a suitable contender. I initially went with the PS4 because of friends and family (who, of course, don't really race anyway), and the inevitability of GT7. ATM I'm bouncing back and forth between Project Cars and The Crew (which I quite enjoy, just wishing the physics were a little more realistic). I'm also still waiting because I believe I'll tire of the FH2 map quickly. I do think all that will change with FH3 though, will probably wait and see.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the added cost of having to buy a TX base as well...

I'm really close to buying the X1 because of the Horizon Series. I've been hesitant about switching over hoping that somebody on the PS4 would come up with a suitable contender. I initially went with the PS4 because of friends and family (who, of course, don't really race anyway), and the inevitability of GT7. ATM I'm bouncing back and forth between Project Cars and The Crew (which I quite enjoy, just wishing the physics were a little more realistic). I'm also still waiting because I believe I'll tire of the FH2 map quickly. I do think all that will change with FH3 though, will probably wait and see.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the added cost of having to buy a TX base as well...

Go for it. And trust me, it'll take a while to FH2 start to bore you. Then, you switch to FM6 and you'll be surprised how good and intense it is. You'll be bouncing between FH2 and FM6 a lot. :)

Thats not true at all. Polyphony will sell more than Forza 6 Project Cars and Assetto Corra combined and GT Sport isnt even a mainstream title.

They have the advantage of being the #1 console and there's pent up demand.
It's a game made by a company backed directly by Sony. I would say that's pretty main stream.

Until a new GT game realease, the race game options for XB1 are, in my opinion, much better. I think it's a really bad idea and waste of money and time play Drive Club on PS4 waiting for a brand new GT game.
I knew this was the case two years ago when I got my Xbone and didn't expect it would still be the case two years later in 2015 but until a fullblown GT7 comes over the horizon it looks like that time would be better spent on XBox or PC for now.
Go for it. And trust me, it'll take a while to FH2 start to bore you. Then, you switch to FM6 and you'll be surprised how good and intense it is. You'll be bouncing between FH2 and FM6 a lot. :)
I just popped into FH2 to check my rewards and achievements this afternoon and ended up playing a couple of hours' worth of Storm Island events. It's still a great game and time spent with FM6's more detailed graphics and physics hasn't made playing Horizon any less fun. The two games complement each other perfectly.

Last edited:
Yes i am, i bought a xbox one forza edition and a G920 drifting wheel. any drifters like this thread and ill post my gamertag once my stuff gets here. And i cant wait until Assetto Corsa comes out for xbox one :) that's something to think about aswell

I decided to get FH2 at the 50% discount about a week ago. Unfortunately, it barely kept me interested up until the dealership unlocks. Then I bought a few cars and raced some random drivatars around the map, which was decent fun. Meanwhile, I got bored again and had no motivation to follow the overall progression. It plays, looks, and sounds rather nicely but there are too many things I don't like about it. Random off-roading, the day-night cycle somehow feels dominated by darkness, mostly lifeless world despite looking impressive, repetitive map, cheesy theme, mainstream electronic dance music, etc. I got the Porsche Expansion too and it was nice to drive Porsches in a non-EA game again. I don't think I've done that since playing Test Drive II in the MS DOS days. I'm now back enjoying FM6 only. I'm sure it all comes down to personal preference.

Last edited:
Also not to be a fan boy. Wich I am not, I couldent care for which console is better or whatever.

Just I think Xbox one is starting to pull ahead of PS4 with the backwards combability, and shared win 10 platform for all win 10 devices.

4 Free games each month with gold, even often most of them are not good. Last month we got Dirt 3 wich is and ok game, not the best ever or anything like that but ok. We also had quite a lot of other really good games, so its and ok way to get some very good older games as the time goes by.

Iwe heard for January we get another free Dirt game, dont know what to think about that as I kinda wasent a big fan of the Dirt series to start with. We also get Deus eX 360 Version in January wich is a pretty nice game. Stuff like this + no reason to belive Gran turismo 7 is likely to come out anytime soon. Realisticly we are proberly talking 2017/18 before we see a full realease og GT7 and we are not even sure if it will be another more or less disapointment. So overall id say getting a Xbox one with Forza 6 is a pretty good way to spend the wait time.

Anyhow now on to my main point, before I ramble anymore :cheers:

I think there is a good chance we could see backwards combability for Forza 3 + 4 coming in a relatively near future.

As iwe never had the chance to enjoy those games since I was on PS 3 last generation, I would defenetly look forward to these games, even if they are last generation :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back