who lives near the nürburgring?

• Thread starter HaRdLiNeR
  • 42 comments
HaRdLiNeR-
wtf? no thx
hello! i want to set this post up, just to see who lives near the nordschleife! as you all can see i m from Koblenz, for those who doesnt know, its round about 60km from nürburgring!

the last time ive been on the nürburgring was in 2009 to see the Superbike wm! it was so amazing to see the "new" ring and the superbikes, that im gonna visit the superbikes again on september 5.

when were you the last time there?

Last edited:
Welcome to GTP, Hardliner. I recommend using a bit of Capitol letters and apostrophes and such. It makes the whole forum look much better in quality.
And do you mean 60km from the 'Ring? You said you're 60km away from where you live :lol:.
I'd love to actually live in Nürburg, but I can't afford it, and I'm too young to just go there by myself :guilty:.
Again, Hardliner. Welcome!! :cheers:👍

heh.. you´re right with that 60km away Daniel! haven´t seen it! (: the rest looks ok for me ;P

A good friend of mine took his Lotus Elise to the Nurb, he came back needing a new wing mirror and paint job:lol:

A good friend of mine took his Lotus Elise to the Nurb, he came back needing a new wing mirror and paint job
sounds to me as if he had a lot of fun on the ring.. buehehe :D

A good friend of mine took his Lotus Elise to the Nurb, he came back needing a new wing mirror and paint job:lol:
You`re not driving the Nürburgring correctly if you don`t have to repair your car afterwards :)

Unfortunately i don`t live near the Ring. About 500km seperate me from the holy asphalt. But i definitely plan to drive a few laps on the Ring in the future, on my motorcycle. It`s on my "Roger Murtaugh list" :)

~80km from the ring here, we're almost neighbours :)
Nice bike you have there 👍
Too bad the weather sucks so much at the moment

I live 400kms from the ring
Last time I visited the ring was 2 weeks ago, did a couple of laps with the MR2 :)

Nordschleife.jpg

we're almost neighbours

yeah i´ve seen that you are from leverkusen :) its round about 170km from koblenz if i´m right?!

thx. but that pic ive linked is crap. lost all my pics after harddrive crash! maybe i will take some new one if the weather permits!

is that a yamaha you have?

Der Luke (skywalker?)
It`s on my "Roger Murtaugh list"
HAhAHA (HIMYM? I'm to old for that ****)

I live about 1 1/2 hours away. i drove a few times there (last time in may). Wanted to go this holidays, preped the car and all but broke my leg 3 weeks ago (2 days left till free). So no driving in the moment :(
that ruined my holidays :S

manuelos how it was on the ring?!
It was nice, it was my 2nd time I went to do some laps so I wasn't as experienced as a lot of the others. I drove pretty carefully because i wanted to keep the MR2 in one part as it is my daily driver. It was pretty crowded that day so I got passed a lot by ferrari's, bmw's, gtr's, porsches,...
It also came to my attention that the brakes on my car are rubbish on the ring. At the end of every lap I had to slow down because they were overheating:nervous:
I have another lap left on my card, so I plan to go back another time this year:sly:

but broke my leg 3 weeks ago
argh that is bad! I wish you all the best!
can not imagine how it would be for me, if i broke my leg or hand! cant drive motorcycle! that would be really bad!

hey opladener This weekend the weather will be good! time to clean the bike :D

It was nice, it was my 2nd time I went to do some laps so ...
sounds interesting! I must say that i am living near the ring, but i never driven on it!

thats because my car has not the power it should! :) have a audi a4 2.0 year 2001 without turbo! thats a bit to little for the ring i think!

thats because my car has not the power it should! :) have a audi a4 2.0 year 2001 without turbo! thats a bit to little for the ring i think!
It isn't, on the ring you see all sort of cars. From supercars to little 50hp cars. I even saw a mobile home on it last time :dunce:

touri057720100801.jpg

Der Luke (skywalker?)
It`s on my "Roger Murtaugh list"
HAhAHA (HIMYM? I'm to old for that ****)

I live about 1 1/2 hours away. i drove a few times there (last time in may). Wanted to go this holidays, preped the car and all but broke my leg 3 weeks ago (2 days left till free). So no driving in the moment :(
that ruined my holidays :S

I live near *ibo* S3 Racer, I'm going next week Saturday:
27-08-2010 Nürburgring meeting for FIA GT1, GT4, LMS car races

Did not dare to take my Fiero on a circuit, enrolled for Zolder once, but did not go through with it. Fearing the others mainly.
The Fiero also has insufficient breaks.

*ibo* S3 Racer get better soon, any racing with the controller?

244 km for this GTP member. Last time I was there was november first 2006.

It isn't, on the ring you see all sort of cars. From supercars to little 50hp cars. I even saw a mobile home on it last time

buhehe.. thats a nice pic! i think it was a great experience for the driver of that mobile home! :D but thats a bit to crazy! love that pic.. heh i realy want to know what time he got on the ring! :)

kikie
244 km for this GTP member. Last time I was there was november first 2006.

so kikie.. 244km is not so far!? where you from?! (:

Vince_Fiero I live near *ibo* S3 Racer, I'm going next week Saturday:

If you are back again.. you must post some pics and impressions of that meeting!!

I live near *ibo* S3 Racer, I'm going next week Saturday:
27-08-2010 Nürburgring meeting for FIA GT1, GT4, LMS car races

Did not dare to take my Fiero on a circuit, enrolled for Zolder once, but did not go through with it. Fearing the others mainly.
The Fiero also has insufficient breaks.

*ibo* S3 Racer get better soon, any racing with the controller?

Thanks, now i'm better with that thing off (but it was bad as it happend my first week of holidays till the end of it). Got my new wheel (fanatec) in time. But during i didn't played racing games.
i've you go wheel, you don't go back ;)

If i get the time i will return again this year but depends strongly on the whether.
and on the nür breaks can be worrying. Needed to change my brake fluid to dot 4, otherwise the last km are really horrifying.
And other people can also cause some shocking moments.
The first time i went (2 years ago) an new audi tt crashed in the 3 curve after the long strait (before the old pitstops). Than i "pooped" myself for the rest of the lap :S

Have a nice time this weekend on the ring.

Last edited:
*ibo* S3 Racer
i've you go wheel, you don't go back

Vince_Fiero any racing with the controller?

i race with controller in the moment! and happy with it :)

but I am thinking about to buy a wheel ( Logitech DFGT ) found on amazon germany with shipping EUR 89,95 ?!
i think it is better experience and better to drive/play because of the better feeling of accelerate and brake!

i never had a wheel before, so is that DFGT a got wheel ibo?
if i buy it. i have to build somethink like a playseat! dont want to buy a "real" playseat, its to expensive.

Needed to change my brake fluid

i have to change my car before :D maybe a round with my bike but.. with a supersports bike on a racetrack thats hard to drive and every porsch or ferrari is passing you, i dont feel safe :D

Last edited:
i

i never had a wheel before, so is that DFGT a got wheel ibo?
if i buy it. i have to build somethink like a playseat! dont want to buy a "real" playseat, its to expensive.

I just bought myself a DFGT (as spare, I spoil myself). I like it, some of the best drivers here use it.
Personally I prefer my G25, but it is more expensive (and mine sometimes needs intervention to work perfectly). Most people agree the G25 is worth the extra money. G27 is still early adopters phase.
IBO has the Fanatec option, the Porsche wheel, that can get really expensive and not all are convinced, but certainly an option to consider.

I also created a stand, cheap thing created with some boards.
To interconnect your wheel, pedals and seat and keep it really steady helps a lot when driving.

Look here for more info.

Yes as Vince said.

The DFGT is a good wheel to start and doesn't cost the world.

I also have the G25 but you won't find it new anymore, it was replaced by the G27.
Fanatec is too expensive for a starter wheel, But they now have also the carrera wheel which is their bargain entry level for 160€ (you get a clutch + 6speeds+R)
http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_e...id=66&osCsid=2389d30439c2954e6a10f10209e9fa5a

And building your own cockpit is mostly the best option and doesn't cost a % of the prebuilt options.

So you making the good choices there ;)

And yes feeling safe and confortable is a must on the ring (even if you got your adrenaline up)

*ibo* S3 Racer
The DFGT is a good wheel to start and doesn't cost the world.

yeah i think for me it is a good choice. you can see this wheel on E3 and gamescom videos, so thats the reason why i want to buy it! the fanatec looks solid. but i am not a big porsche fan!
i prefer the logitech g25 :) but a bit to expensive i my opinion! maybe i will change my opinion after a few months of driving with a wheel! like you do ibo and Vince_Fiero ?! :)

so i think i am going to buy a new DFGT on amazon in the next weeks bevore GT5 release!

Vince_Fiero I also created a stand, cheap thing created with some boards. Look here for more info.

do you have some pictures of your stand?! i definetly will build one (maybe a light stable aluminum chasi) because i dont want to move my TV frome place! My girlfriend would be angry :D

*ibo* S3 Racer And yes feeling safe and confortable is a must on the ring (even if you got your adrenaline up)

yeah thats because i definetly the first time will drive with a car! sometimes i get to much andrenaline driving my motorcycle on country roads :D

i had sayed it a few post earlier. my car isnt that good to drive on the ring! i got a FK automotive "coilover suspension" (i dont know if I have written it correctly) and 18inch Dotz muggelo wheels with Vredestein Ultrac sessanta 225/40 tires! but the engine of my audi a 4 is not that it should be. 2.0 with 131HP ! argh :(

but i got LPG Gas :D so a liter LPG costs here in germany 0,62cents.. a liter gasoline for my car 1,40 euro :) at the moment i´m happy with it. but next car will definetly be again a BMW! a BMW 325 coupe e92 will be nice! never again audi ! heh Ibo are you happy with your audi?

Last edited:
Sounds like it handels good your a4 even if it lacks the "bums" in PS.

Here is my audi
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14747&page=230

I'm happy with it. It's my 3 audi. Just not happy with the dealerships of audi.
Mine is going since years to my cousins Seat garage. At least they don't try to scum me over.

i lost a bit of interest in audi's too:
The problem with audi is
that all the idiots now are at audi (former m3 drivers (you know the kind), now drive s4,5/rs4 lol)
All audi's look the same.
All S / Rs / R got the same motors (4.2 V8) (change that at least with the new s4)
Audi take it sports driver for stupid (in new S4 Esp can't be turned off completly :S)
They lie (haldex quattro ain't real quattro's until modification applied)

Edit: But i really like the new engine of the S4, 3l kompressor. hope they will transpplant it in the S5

Last edited:
I don't live near the 'Ring, but I wish I did. I'm from the US, but I've long since decided that one day I want to spend like two weeks in and around Nurburg so I can: A) Drive the fabled asphalt and B) Attend Rock am Ring.

Back