Who Still Plays Need For Speed Underground 2?

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by Zibster, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Marc30599

Marc30599

I think so I don't recall having to and I was using a dscp3 tool or something to make it work with the games but I don't think that it was needed

2. ForceMotion

ForceMotion

Thanks i tried it now with the DS3 controller and it works perfect oddly enough but at least i can play again :dopey:

Marc30599 likes this.
  3. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

I still play NFSU2 now and then, mainly because it's the only game I've played so far that nailed the throaty boxer sound of the mighty Impreza. Beautiful!

Marc30599 likes this.
  4. Marc30599

Marc30599

This Godzilla is a speed demon
    [​IMG]

5. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Okay, their is one thing in Underground 2 that has puzzled me for over a decade now and I still have no answer to this. While I haven't spent any quality time in Underground 2 in over a decade, I do remember in Pigeon Park, it has a location that is visible on the map, but I am 99% sure you can never access it normally. Why it's there and why you can't access it is unclear and despite it being in plain site, I don't know anyone who has explored it yet.
    Bayview.jpg
    Has anyone investigated this?

Edit: Actually it appears it has been explored, I guess I haven't been using the correct search terms! :dunce: This apparently explains it:
    http://nfstheories.boards.net/thread/2157/nfsu2-brad-lawless-memorial-park
    Still i'd be anxious to drive through those walls anyway. :lol:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Marc30599 likes this.
  6. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

In the NFSU2 demo you can drive on it, but you have to use cheats to do so to unlock the map.

7. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Yep I found a video showing it.

8. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Overload_35 and Marc30599 like this.
  9. gergsby

gergsby

I play sometimes , it is still installed on my PC. Maybe it's not as cool as the new parts, but nostalgia and cool soundtracks ...

10. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

One question I have been asking myself for years now is are the graphics in Underground 2 better or worse than Most Wanted 2005? I'm genuinely curious. I have always felt Underground 2 had better graphics, but given how it's at night and MW is in the day, I have never been too certain about it.

11. girabyt3

girabyt3

Mostwanted definetly has better graphics than U2, mostly because MW was made in a different engine, even the car models are still being used nowadays because of the details they had... Although I would still prefer U2 due to the tunning options :)

12. girabyt3

girabyt3

Let's revive this thread with this question I've been questioning myself for a while about the game's modding... Why you modders don't just use an original in-game car model to make your mods?? :confused::confused: I'm not a modder, but I think it would make the job much more simpler and comfortable for both game and modder since:

1.- You have a good base that already works in-game (modder)
    2.- It will be more lore-friendly for the engine (game)
    3.- It modernizes the game while keeping it original (game)
    4.- You would just replace a few stuff (modder)

If it works in GTA, why it cannot work on NFS??

13. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

I have no idea what you're asking.

14. girabyt3

girabyt3

What I'm asking is why NFS modders don't make their mods with the in-game car models that have all the extra parts.

Something like this for example:

GTA 5's Blista with a hillclimb body (GTA 5 mod)... Pretty sure the modder made the body kit using the original car 3d model.

0a029f-0.png

Now, I've found something a bit more related...

NFS Prostreet's Acura Integra Type R 3d model with NFS underground 1's body kits (NFSU2 mod)

7c9890be-b404-4239-ab85-2549d1fff321.png ba811386-5644-467d-8f55-0cd5665df811.png 1e00456b-2378-404c-b438-2105e29b6dc5.png

I know the Integra was cutted in the final version (although now it can eventually be restored) but considering how the NFSU1's part models fit the Prostreet's hd model, pretty sure inverting the idea (Let's say the original R34 GTR's 3d model with Prostreet's widebody kit or a rocketbunny kit from another model) could work too. Making it more lore-friendly too like the Blista :D