Who still plays.......Shift 2 Unleashed?

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 82 comments
Still play it from time to time, have setup most of the cars, including DLC and bonus cars, though there are only few cars that really interests me, cars that are rarely featured in other games.

There are quite a few bugs but just have to live with it. Maybe the pc version has a community patch..I recall something
There is a community patch, but the website that used to host the mods and community patch went down 3-4 months ago

There are quite a few bugs but just have to live with it. Maybe the pc version has a community patch..I recall something

I've got the Xbox 360 digital download version. I'd question how something like the a.i not using their race liveries for the legend cars in quick races wasn't picked up, but then this is the same company that couldn't even be bothered to fix a invisible players bug on their HUGE Fifa franchise. Anyway it's hard to stay angry at this game for too long!

Hahaha why is that?
Because even when it's being "Need for Speed" a couple of events/races later it can be great again.
And I've gone from being frustrated how easy it was to take 1st place on the Nürburgring in gt6 to wiping out on there in this!

yeah I never could get a handle on the ring in this game. I needed a tune for my supra. too much bouncy, just like the real deal!

Yeah that would be sweet!

Just to let you know beforehand, I'm on PS3, I drive with no assist, Elite, hard AI, full damage, manual with clutch, the full monty.I implemented real life tuning procedure + data/specs when possible. My steering sensitivity is at 28% and speed sensitivity at 97%, I'm using stick controller.

Toyota Supra C Class 623

- Engine : Cold air intake, High Flow fuel pump & regulator, street spec flywheel
-Drivetrain : Heavy Duty organic clutch, race differential 2 way, adjustable final drive
-Suspension : Race coilover
Brakes : Dual Master cylinder
Tires : Stock factory
Wheels : 17" RAYS TE37 Seibon Edition

Setup/tune
tire pressure
f 35
r 35

brake
balance 50
pressure 4

steering lock 37
caster 3
F R
toe f 21, r 21
camber 18f 24 r
height 10 / 10
lsd accel 6, brake 6 - if you are comfortable increase both to 9 if possible.

F R
spring 2 / 4
arb 4 / 2
bumpstop 0 / 0

damper
front
fast bump 1, slow bump 2, fast rebound 0, slow rebound 2
rear
fast bump 3, slow bump 2, fast rebound 0, slow rebound 3

final drive 7

This is base tune for Supra, able to win by couple of seconds easily in quick event time attack against hard AI in same class category ( vs R34 GTR, Fairlady Z, Exige S, muscle cars, Z4 etc ) It can easily lap Glendale Club in 42s flat during quick time attack.

Last edited:
OK so I just tried taking a stock Supra around the ring for the first time... and ended up a bank - how is that even possible? :lol:
(Honestly I'm not that bad at this game normally, playing on Elite/hard. And managed to get around unscathed on the second attempt.)

I remember the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR as the most fun car to drive in Shift 2.

I've been playing the career again, and the controller delay is kinda bad. I don't know how I made it to half the game on my last one since I'm struggling with the C-Class events. Maybe I'm not used to it.

I've been playing the career again, and the controller delay is kinda bad. I don't know how I made it to half the game on my last one since I'm struggling with the C-Class events. Maybe I'm not used to it.

Delay ? Are you on PS3 ? I have no delay issues, PS3 here with wired DS2 stick+adapter, sometimes I used DS3, wired though. Need help with setup, hit me up :D

Delay ? Are you on PS3 ? I have no delay issues, PS3 here with wired DS2 stick+adapter, sometimes I used DS3, wired though. Need help with setup, hit me up :D
Yup I use the PS3 version, but with little bit of steering I get at least 1 to 2 seconds of delay and it messes me up terribly.

Yup I use the PS3 version, but with little bit of steering I get at least 1 to 2 seconds of delay and it messes me up terribly.

Strange, I don't have that kind of delay, it's running at 30fps, similar to my other racing games, Ferrari The Race Experience and NASCAR 2011, quite responsive I would say for a game that runs at 30fps. It may be the tv, try playing with DS3 wired via USB cable, then check the steering sensitivity, set it to 50 which makes it linear ( lower value makes it slower on lower range input, faster on near max angle steering/high range ). If you run speed sensitivity ( dampens steering at higher speed ) at max 100, lower it, I run speed sens at 97.

Strange, I don't have that kind of delay, it's running at 30fps, similar to my other racing games, Ferrari The Race Experience and NASCAR 2011, quite responsive I would say for a game that runs at 30fps. It may be the tv, try playing with DS3 wired via USB cable, then check the steering sensitivity, set it to 50 which makes it linear ( lower value makes it slower on lower range input, faster on near max angle steering/high range ). If you run speed sensitivity ( dampens steering at higher speed ) at max 100, lower it, I run speed sens at 97.
Thanks, the linear cornering helped. What do you recommend as a good deadzone for the sticks because it might make it smoother.

Thanks, the linear cornering helped. What do you recommend as a good deadzone for the sticks because it might make it smoother.

My old DS2 runs deadzone at 10-13, as it has loose worn analog stick, with my DS3 I run 0 deadzone as it's still in as new condition. If your tv has game mode, use it, it may help, also be sure to disable all of tv post processing like motion enhancer/natural motion/whatever it's called by the maker, dynamic contrast/color, DNR ( noise reduction ), and any other fancy stuff, those things slows the display response.

I'm Still playing. Add me as

HammerHeadSk8

in Origin. I've played maaaaany years ago offline, but I just bought me a proper key for Origin. I'm sooooo want to play it with more people. Whenever I get in, multiplayer shows up soooo deserted :(

Hello everybody. I'm still playing and enjoying this game. One of my favourites in the saga. I'd like some help tho':

I'm planning on making a lot of content for YouTube, and I wish to start History from scratch. Is there a way to re-start History mode?. Crazy as it may sound, I wouldn't mind loosing all cars and building up again from zero.

Also please add me from Origin, look me up in the game or whatever

HammerHeadSk8

Maybe we can stablish a good schedule or hours to login and actually find someone online.

Just picked up both shifts and HP2010 together in the latest Steam sale for under £10 and I have to say I’m really quite enjoying playing through the first game

There definitely feels like there’s no margin for error when driving the cars in Shift since it feels like it’s very easy to over compensate with counter steer and spin/crash the car.

Started out with the Mazda RX-8 and it’s really rather good even with just Stage 1 tyres, suspension and brakes and Weight Reduction Stage 1.

Before starting my own save I messed around with a 100% save and even driving a Zonda R and fully upgraded 911 GT3 RS proved to be a lot of fun. Definitely looking forward to playing through both games.

Also driving in cockpit cam is so much fun. Such a great sense of speed that is really lacking in GT & Forza

Just picked up both shifts and HP2010 together in the latest Steam sale for under £10 and I have to say I’m really quite enjoying playing through the first game

There definitely feels like there’s no margin for error when driving the cars in Shift since it feels like it’s very easy to over compensate with counter steer and spin/crash the car.

Started out with the Mazda RX-8 and it’s really rather good even with just Stage 1 tyres, suspension and brakes and Weight Reduction Stage 1.

Before starting my own save I messed around with a 100% save and even driving a Zonda R and fully upgraded 911 GT3 RS proved to be a lot of fun. Definitely looking forward to playing through both games.

Also driving in cockpit cam is so much fun. Such a great sense of speed that is really lacking in GT & Forza
Wait until you find out the mods available for it

Anyone is still alive in pc ?
I am still playing on PC, although I have an issue: Ever since I added friends from inside the game, navigating through the autolog menu causes game to crash, so when I try to invite someone online, the game crashed. I have been able to do a couple of online races, but I have no way to go check the autolog screens or invite friends when creating a multiplayer race.

Seems to be some of the people from this forum still play, but I guess we are all just blind about knowing when is anyone online. Maybe we should create a group chat or something to arrange a little "get together" now and then.

I am still playing on PC, although I have an issue: Ever since I added friends from inside the game, navigating through the autolog menu causes game to crash, so when I try to invite someone online, the game crashed. I have been able to do a couple of online races, but I have no way to go check the autolog screens or invite friends when creating a multiplayer race.

Seems to be some of the people from this forum still play, but I guess we are all just blind about knowing when is anyone online. Maybe we should create a group chat or something to arrange a little "get together" now and then.
I recently start the game again so i dont know what is your problem, i don't know if is the activation or what else, but the steam thread is stll alive. And for now i have the modding thread running in the forum, now i'm solving the first old vs new exotic but i think i'm going to complete it in about 2/3 days

Back