Who still plays.......Shift 2 Unleashed?

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 82 comments
I'm still having a very hard time getting to play with anyone online. Everytime I enter, there are no multiplayer lobbies, no tournaments, and whenever I create a game, nobody enters.

I was wondering if a whatsapp group can be created, or a tweeter... something (I don't use twitter, so I don't know how to put a thing together there, but I Will create an account for my youtube channel). There are many threads in steam community, but since I got the game on origin and not purchased from steam, I can't reply or post anything there (untill I purchase 5$ value, it says, for crying out loud), so I was wondering if we can generate a comunity appart from those, from where we can live chat, organize to get together, and so on. If there is already some place where this is happening, please share a link.

I'm still having a very hard time getting to play with anyone online. Everytime I enter, there are no multiplayer lobbies, no tournaments, and whenever I create a game, nobody enters.

I was wondering if a whatsapp group can be created, or a tweeter... something (I don't use twitter, so I don't know how to put a thing together there, but I Will create an account for my youtube channel). There are many threads in steam community, but since I got the game on origin and not purchased from steam, I can't reply or post anything there (untill I purchase 5$ value, it says, for crying out loud), so I was wondering if we can generate a comunity appart from those, from where we can live chat, organize to get together, and so on. If there is already some place where this is happening, please share a link.
Maybe a discord server??

I've been playing this again on PC. I played it a bit on X360 (both the first and second one, never got far on either).

Is there a way to get those Limited Edition cars and events (I mean, you can't buy it on Steam OR Origin, and I don't want to have to buy a physical copy online. Here in Brazil, they might be pirate anyway, so it's not like I'm doing the "right thing" doing that instead of modding the game).

I found mods online that unlock the content, but they don't recognize the DLCs (which steam DOES have), so I would have to choose between "Limited Edition" and "Legends/Speedhunters".

EDIT:
You can check some screenshots on my steam profile:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/RodSk8Dude/screenshots/

Here's an exclusive one for you guys:
20190608232939_1.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing this again on PC. I played it a bit on X360 (both the first and second one, never got far on either).

Is there a way to get those Limited Edition cars and events (I mean, you can't buy it on Steam OR Origin, and I don't want to have to buy a physical copy online. Here in Brazil, they might be pirate anyway, so it's not like I'm doing the "right thing" doing that instead of modding the game).

I found mods online that unlock the content, but they don't recognize the DLCs (which steam DOES have), so I would have to choose between "Limited Edition" and "Legends/Speedhunters".

EDIT:
You can check some screenshots on my steam profile:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/RodSk8Dude/screenshots/

Here's an exclusive one for you guys:
View attachment 828106

I used to have a physical "copy". But I got a legit key for Speedhunters Edition for something like 3 bucks or something. Check on instantgaming if you want. About those Limited edition, IDK.

I used to have a physical "copy". But I got a legit key for Speedhunters Edition for something like 3 bucks or something. Check on instantgaming if you want. About those Limited edition, IDK.
After digging a little bit more i have an answer: Turns out that EA removed the data form its server to unlock the limited edition content, the ucp can unlock at least the cars but no the races, so to solve that a russian guy make a crack to unlock that, im going to upload the archive in the other threat

[...]EA removed the data form its server to unlock the limited edition content, [...] a russian guy make a crack to unlock that

I have a file I downloaded that unlocks both the cars and races, but it doesn't recognize the DLC files, so I have to choose between "Limited Edition" and "DLCs"

I have a file I downloaded that unlocks both the cars and races, but it doesn't recognize the DLC files, so I have to choose between "Limited Edition" and "DLCs"
Choose the dlc version, this have the limited edition, then put the crck in the game

Choose the dlc version, this have the limited edition, then put the crck in the game

I have the game with DLCs, but if I use the crack, if I change the other files that come with it or not, no matter what, I can't get both, either it unlocks the Limited Edition content but doesn't show the DLCs, or it's just the DLCs.

Which crack specifically is it? Maybe it's not the one I have.

https://translate.google.com/transl...ed_edition_unlocker_rev_3-690674/&prev=search this is the original link from i obtained the crack.
https://mega.nz/#!KcQxVKZD!7MQ7JEcDBDdzVFb90dUxVT3amIUytCazksinJZFwMcs
And the mega link is the crack, i test it and work fine for me

Didn't work.
I guess I forgot to mention I have the Steam version, I think you said here or on the other thread something about the Steam version lacking the Limited Edition content. I "acquired" a disc version to try that one out.

Didn't work.
I guess I forgot to mention I have the Steam version, I think you said here or on the other thread something about the Steam version lacking the Limited Edition content. I "acquired" a disc version to try that one out.
Im going to upload some images about the things that are in the limited edition and dlc, so you can say me what things youre lacking

First of all the limited content, and im supposing that youre lacking some or all of this things
20190616000139_1.jpg
20190616000148_1.jpg
20190616000201_1.jpg
20190616000216_1.jpg
20190616000244_1.jpg
20190616000321_1.jpg
20190616000328_1.jpg
20190616000339_1.jpg
Then is the legends pack
20190616003059_1.jpg
20190616003104_1.jpg
20190616003109_1.jpg
20190616003113_1.jpg
20190616003118_1.jpg
20190616003122_1.jpg
20190616003127_1.jpg
20190616003131_1.jpg
20190616003135_1.jpg
20190616003140_1.jpg
20190616003145_1.jpg
20190616003149_1.jpg
20190616003153_1.jpg
20190616003209_1.jpg
20190616003218_1.jpg
Finally the Speedhunters DLC
20190616004039_1.jpg
20190616004043_1.jpg
20190616004047_1.jpg
20190616004051_1.jpg
20190616004107_1.jpg
20190616004110_1.jpg
20190616004114_1.jpg
20190616004121_1.jpg
20190616004125_1.jpg
20190616004128_1.jpg
20190616004132_1.jpg
20190616004136_1.jpg
20190616004141_1.jpg
20190616004145_1.jpg
20190616004159_1.jpg
20190616004206_1.jpg
20190616004118_1.jpg
20190616004103_1.jpg

Last edited:
It worked with the disc version I got. On the Steam version, I think it lacks the Limited Edition content, not sure about the hidden third DLC. But I can unlock the Limited Edition stuff (both the cars and events) by changing the exe and a bff file. But then it wont recognize the DLCs.

Replying to old post, but will have current info after.
I'm currently on the Retro discipline and about to race against Darren McNamara and his rotary powered AE86 and so far, he's difficult.
The McLaren F1 (even upgraded to works), is a "retro" road car, so only issue will be the other AI cars, not Darren.

For most of the "Legends" events, the 1960's Corvette Stingray, upgraded to works is allowed, but despite difficulty setting in the game, if you choose the Stingray, the AI will be tough. The Stingray can be used in the final Legends event, in which case Matt Powers will be last in almost every race, and you may be able to lap him at Monza, depending a bit on luck. The Cobra fully upgraded (no works option) is good for the 60's Legends GT. The 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 fully upgraded is good for 70's Legends GT, but it doesn't have enough traction, I turned traction control assist to high, set the gearing for maximum speed, and still had to use partial throttle to avoid tire spin, but it's fastest where the Stingray is not allowed.

Limited Edition
EA broke this, sometime just before June 2018 (based on the first post about missing content at EA forums). Even if you buy the EA PC DVD Limited Edition version, you won't get the Limited Edition content, which is only unlocked when you log in and the server sends "entitlement" messages to your PC (based on what is in your EA / Origin account), which unlocks the cars. What was and is broken is that the server no longer sends these messages, so the content is not unlocked. This also broke the Dr Pepper Camaro (promotional code) and the Porsche 911 GT3 RS Autobild Edition (promotional code).

Are there any mods to enable Limited Edition that do not involve a modified .bff file (like bootpsa.bff)? The saves created with modded .bff files are not compatible with the stock game. A few players posted their Limited Edition saves (with temporary passwords) on old forums, but I don't recall where. I'll have to look for them again, but there are some useful trainers, collision off, switch night mode to dusk mode for career events, master track (100% line, master all corners as soon as you start a race), +50 drift points for each key press (F5 if I remember correctly).

It worked with the disc version I got. On the Steam version, I think it lacks the Limited Edition content, not sure about the hidden third DLC. But I can unlock the Limited Edition stuff (both the cars and events) by changing the exe and a bff file. But then it wont recognize the DLCs.
Which DLC cars are missing when you use bootpsa.bff? I'll check to see if any combination of what I have might work. There is a patched shift2u.exe that enables the Limited Edition events, but not the cars. There are multiple versions of bootpsa.bff, I think one of them work only unlocks the 3 LE cars, and the 2 promotional cars, and the 3 Dr Pepper Camaro events, which may not interfere with the DLC cars. Other files: bootflow.bff - changes some cars to be $0, and can also be used to unlock LE cars. igphaseactivate.bff - turns off some blur effects. igphasefx.bff - turns off bug, dirt, oil splatters on screen. From what I recall, the Shift 1 tools for .bff files will work with Shift 2 .bff files, but I'll have to look those up. For Shift 1, two .bff files were modified to turn off cockpit blur and headshake.

Last edited:
Still my favorite race game ever...and thank railgun...for his work to make it even perfect...I run the game with over 100fps in 4k resolution...g25 setup and all vehicles feel great...I have a big modded cars collection...there is no game who give me that dynamic simulation and upgrade fun...I enjoy that game so much...and we have 2019...

I found the zips and uploaded them for download. These are for EA PC version of Shift 2, version 1.02 (right click on Shift2U.exe, properties, then version to confirm it's 1.02).

This is a zip of a backup of my game files that get modified by unlockers:

http://rcgldr.net/nfst/s2uorg.zip

This is a zip of the unlocker files with a readme.txt file that explains what each file does. You can copy everything but the readme.txt file to the game directory. It unlocks 37 cars (Limited Edition, Promotion, DLC1, DLC2 (Speed Hunters), DLC3), and enables the Limited Edition events, and Dr Pepper events (the events are enabled but left locked until or unless you reach the XP level). Unlike most unlockers, the car unlock is in bootflow.bff. It also includes stuff like turning off bugs, dirt, and oil splats. Update - the server was shut down, so might as well use the unlocker files.

http://rcgldr.net/nfst/s2unlk.zip

This is a zip of an old trainer with some features I haven't seen since. Drift time achievement - lowers it to 0.25 seconds, after drift event is completed, the achievement time will show as normal (added in 2012-10-14 version). Night to dusk - when doing career mode events, it changes night events to dusk events so you can see the track better, but still get credit for a night event. Master track - 100% best line and master all corners after a few seconds in any race. Collision off - off for cars helps to get clean lap, but it's also off for walls, helpful for drag, but at some tracks going through a wall means falling forever. Drift points - +50 points for each key press (keeps the drift scores reasonable).

http://rcgldr.net/nfst/s2utrn.zip

Last edited:
Back