Who would like to see decals added to this game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gothenqcowboys
  • 26 comments
  • 1,647 views

Would you like decals added to GT5?

  • Yes

    Votes: 45 67.2%
  • No

    Votes: 22 32.8%

  • Total voters
    67
Messages
436
Paint chips are nice, but i would love to be able to throw some graphics down the side of my cars or accross the bonnet.

Who is with me?
 
I say yes, but I'd probably hardly use them if at all.
 
Say no as there are better thing they shoud add...
 
Sounds as useful as horns. So no.
 
Sounds as useful as horns. So no.

Well I disagree on that as you could at least see them! And people could be creative if there would be a "decal creator" ;)
 
Tell me how many people take a car racing that doesn't have some form of sponsorship stickers on them ? im well for this idea wont happen though since PD seem to give us what we don't want and don't give us what we do want
 
I'm not so much for decals but would love to be able to add sponsors to the cars. A excellent example of this was in Race Driver Grid.
 
I'd get so sick of seeing penis shaped decorations on cars online. If I wanted stickers I'd play little big planet 2 (and I'm not knocking it lbp2!).
 
Yes as long as there is cigarette advertising decals like Marlboro and Rothmans etc then I'm all for it, they are significant in motorsport history.
 
I think a decal creator yes ... Currently existing details such as the smoking related ones above etc. should be left out of the game. PD already have a crusade against the environment by introducing the XP system so I do not wish to see them push cigarette advertising etc. in a game that has a considerable amount of ages 16 and under playing it. Seriously it is no wonder the world is in the sorry state it's in, PD are just an example of the ignorant society we have today.
 
A sponsorship system would be nice so with each level increased you get more sponsorships with more cash paid out to you the better the sponsors become. So at level 10 you can only get small sponsorships like Toyo Tyres and at Level 30 you get sponsored by Sony or Shell or Vodafone with millions of dollar per deal you get or couple hundred grand per decal you put on but limited to two or something. It'd be a neat feature to have and decrease the problem of not enough cash. Also I would really like a number sticker as well.
 
Sponsorship decays doesn't work well if that car wasn't originally sponsored by the company and can lead to some controversial issues.
Also contrary to common belief, flame decays does not give +5hp =(
 
I'm not so much for decals but would love to be able to add sponsors to the cars. A excellent example of this was in Race Driver Grid.

Agreed
 
berzerkfvry
Sponsorship decays doesn't work well if that car wasn't originally sponsored by the company and can lead to some controversial issues.
Also contrary to common belief, flame decays does not give +5hp =(

Errrr yeh we know ... Everyone knows you have to get racing stripes for that to happen! :P
 
Anything that makes my car unique online would be fantastic
 
I would like the 'Marlboro' sponsor on the F2007. :dopey: Looks too plain.


monaco12007101qy5.jpg
 
yes i would like to create stickers for my race team
 
Paint chips are nice, but i would love to be able to throw some graphics down the side of my cars or accross the bonnet.

Who is with me?

I'm with you! :D

I'd like to put some stickers to my R8 LMS Race car :)

I think PD should have copied the livery editor system of PES... it doesn't seem to be that hard...
 
I don't care much for decals. For online play, everyone has the mentality that their car looks the best anyways...
 
I meant that people can differentiate their cars better online, good for racing leagues and so on...
 
You should put this in the feedback section.
I would definitely put in 5 votes for it.
 
Paint chips are nice, but i would love to be able to throw some graphics down the side of my cars or accross the bonnet.

If we're just talking about slapping on some stock images, this would be good for about five minutes. If it's an actual livery editor, like FM3, this should be good for countless extra hours. In FM3 I spent a heap of time in the livery editor, and browsing/downloading custom vinyls and liveries from the Storefront.

That last part we still couldn't do in GT5, however, even if we did get a livery editor, since you people won't support me in the desire for a ripoff of the Storefront.

Say no as there are better thing they shoud add...

That's just ignorant. Wanting bigger things doesn't make this one a bad thing. Having this would always be better than not having it, even if there's other things we want more.

I'd get so sick of seeing penis shaped decorations on cars online.

That shouldn't be a problem. All we would need is an option to report offensive content. Offensive content got pulled from FM3 all the time that way.

Yes as long as there is cigarette advertising decals like Marlboro and Rothmans etc then I'm all for it, they are significant in motorsport history.

While FM3 didn't have cigarette decals by default, users created and shared plenty of them online and this was never a problem. I've downloaded both cigarette and alcohol vinyls from the Storefront. (I don't drink or smoke, but I used them for a gag livery I was making.)

You should put this in the feedback section.
I would definitely put in 5 votes for it.

There's already a request for a livery editor in there.

http://feedback.gtplanet.net/forums/96709-gt5-feedback/suggestions/1429381-livery-editor
 
Something that lets us at least add some simple stripes or manufacturer decals similar to the RM cars would be nice. Seeing the race numbers on the RM cars tells you that PD is definitely capable of this. We just need it to be implemented.

A new paint system with everything available for free or allowing us to buy whatever paint chips we want would be great too.
 
That's just ignorant. Wanting bigger things doesn't make this one a bad thing. Having this would always be better than not having it, even if there's other things we want more.

I never said it's a bad thing! As I even said in my second post here, it would be fun having a editor for decals and every car would be unique. But, I do also think there are definitively more important things (at least for me)! I rather have new tracks/cars, (better) online matchmaking, online time trail...

And the more is always better comments is kind of wrong too. We have 800 standard cars lots of people aren't happy about! If PD wouldn't even have done them, there would a lot of critisism just not exist! People would argue that 200+ cars are not enough, but still the echo wouldn't be as big as it is about standard cars now.
 
Back