Who's da fast one at 10 laps with da MClaren F1

• Thread starter MBP
  • 20 comments

MBP

Hi Gt4 race fans, who beats 10 laps time off 13.08.435???????????????
With da Mc Laren F1 lessons test going for GOLD!
This is my Record try to beat me if you can!!!!!!!!!!!

All the Good Luck :)

Didn't care about the time to be honest...

I just know that it was 5 seconds faster than my silver time.... and that meant I was ahead of the lead car this time not behind it... thus gold!!

C.

MBP
Hi Gt4 race fans, who beats 10 laps time off 13.08.435???????????????
With da Mc Laren F1 lessons test going for GOLD!
This is my Record try to beat me if you can!!!!!!!!!!!

All the Good Luck :)

You've got a good time there MBP you should get yourself in the data base matey 👍

Once i'd got gold on this test I decided to use it as the only endurance style drive and I have posted a 12:58.187 mins - i'm glad to hear this 10 lap is high on y'alls list. My tip is to take the final chicane in 3rd, by the time you hit the straight you should be in 5th and slip-streaming. Aim to overtake the Toyota on lap 6 and to also lap 6th place car.

GT4 Prologue status - All golds.

My first post here, welcome to all. :)

To get silver and gold I lapped the last placer...

Funny thing is that it is actually the 4th place car that ends up last... the RX-8 must overtake him during the race!!

(I find that this guy is V slow down the home straight so maybe that's where he loses all his time/placings.)

C.

luca22
Once i'd got gold on this test I decided to use it as the only endurance style drive and I have posted a 12:58.187 mins - i'm glad to hear this 10 lap is high on y'alls list. My tip is to take the final chicane in 3rd, by the time you hit the straight you should be in 5th and slip-streaming. Aim to overtake the Toyota on lap 6 and to also lap 6th place car.

GT4 Prologue status - All golds.

My first post here, welcome to all. :)

Thanks dude, for da tip! I will try !

More tips are welcome!

Greetings MBP
👍

I really HATE turn 3 (?) the long right sweeper before the sharpish left turn.
That seriously has to be one of the hardest corners in all Gran Turismo (in fast cars anyway) and i still haven't found a good way to get through there in the McLaren. :(

I finaly got around to doing this one on the PAL version, I forget what time I got on it. I'll give it a go with the Chineese version.
I know what you mean about that sweeping corner though, at some points the traction control kicks in, makes me understeer and then buckets me straight off. Although I must admit it's one of those corners that feels so good when you've mastered it, after falling off it 500 times like me anyway.

This is such an awesome Licence test because I LOVE this circuit. On my first completion of the test I got a 13.14.xx but I wanted to finish the rest of. When I passed 1st place, I kinda took it semi-easy so I wouldnt out brake myself into the grass so I reckon I could shave a couple of seconds off that time but some people on that list are freaks! 12.52 is nuts, I reckon i could bring my time down to maybe 13.9 or so. I'll give it a go soon actually.

Mustang-man
I really HATE turn 3 (?) the long right sweeper before the sharpish left turn.
That seriously has to be one of the hardest corners in all Gran Turismo (in fast cars anyway) and i still haven't found a good way to get through there in the McLaren. :(

I totally agree... When I was doing the time trial in the woodone supra you can almost do it flat out... but not quite... a lot of time is won/lost here!!

I found that easing off on the first bit and then blasting it up the inside was the best method... but too many times I fell off the course there!!! It's also one of those bends that when you know you've done it wrong... you know you're fukered!! You try and brake and you slide off... you ease off and you just cruise off... you carry on accelerating and you fall off!! If you lose your concentration on this bend towards the end of this test you will fail and be so annoyed with yourself!!

C.

Yeah but how sweet is it when you get it spot on. When you come steaming in and lift off or tap the brake aswell before the apex depending on the car and just touching the inside curb and then coming out over the hill just before a hard left. Its awesome but you get it wrong and your on the grass.

But pretty much every part of that track is awesome. The hardest part I find is when starting to brake hard and your trying to use all the track to get the best speed through the corner and you just putting one wheel on the dirt and you start wiggling about and sideways (This is on the bumper cam view where you cant really see how close to the edge you are).
Over all a nice track. Especially with the Big Mac with driving aids off.

Second gear drifting in turn one is fun ;)

Oh yeah... definitely my favourite course in Prologue...

I think Grand Canyon could be more fun but it's a bit long... and the Citta d'Aria is amazing though... but the two hairpins at either end of the course really get on my nerves!!

It's actually pretty much the only one I drive when playing Arcade... I get annoyed with New York cos I hate 90 degree turns and Tsukuba is a good course but very small and windy!! (That's not as in Wind that blows as in wind-up toy!)

Fuji you get some good speed up some good turns both slow and fast and some really technical chicanes in there... I can't wait to be given some more scope on the tracks and cars though!! I'm also really surprised that Prologue came out with no tracks that we've seen before... They're all new... this makes me believe that the old tracks will have gone through a major overhaul!!

C.

I love it when you get *that* turn in Fuji right. You're all happy and when you arrive there next lap you muck it up. :(

And i also love every millimeter of Citta di Aria. :cool:

i just came home from a little trip to fuji where i was competing in a nice 10 lap GT race ;)
unlike former attempts i kept my right foot to the floor after overtaking some red toyota thing after the first chicane on lap 7. i had some moments when going through traffic but nothing serious that would make for a DQ. i ended this test with a new personal best of 12.59,3. i think i could go even faster with a little drafting the other cars on the straight but i prefer to stay away from them...

:cheers:

On the topic of drafting...

I remember on my silver run on this test I overtook the 2nd placer on the home straight with use of a slipstream and then pulled into the racing line.... Coming up on the first bend I slammed on the brakes but saw a large car in my rear view really heading for me... so I slipped into the inside lane and the R390 flew past me and straight onto the gravel!!

I accidentally gave it some slipstream down the back straight and it had picked up way to much speed for it to correctly hit it's braking point into the first bend!!

C.

Yes and No...

I would have been majorlly miffed if I hadn't seen him in my rear view mirror and gotten out of the way... he would've probably pushed me off the course... and that would've made me MAD! as it was the last lap and I hadn't completed the test by that time!!

On my gold run he was significantly harder to deal with actually...

I once again blasted past him on the home straight but this time... remembering last time... I didn't pull into the racing line until much later... But then I got the first bend a little wrong and he was up with me into the chicane and I had to fight him off through there and then turn 3 he was right on me into turn 4 then the superior brakes and acceleration of the F1 took me away from him and down into the 2nd chicane and away up the straight... that was the 7th lap and I didn't actually gain anytime of the first placer during that lap because of the hassle he had given me...

The last two laps were tense as I had to make up 9 seconds on the first placer... Out braked him on the last chicane of the last lap but he cut into me and almost pushed me off the course... I recovered and blasted past him on the last bend into the home straight... Damn my heart was pounding!!

C.

Back