Who's using a wheel vs a DS4?

• Thread starter ornery
  • 161 comments

Steering Wheel or DS4?

• Total voters
Played all GT's changed to a Driving Force GT when i got GT6. Now using the G29 and i'll never go back to a pad. It feels more natural and you can really get immersed in the game. Just have to give myself a few minutes after playing before driving in real life :lol:

I've been using my Logitech G25 since GT5.
I immediately built a playseat from wood and used a BMW E30 seat. The build took just one night and I'm able to adjust everything if needed. It looks ghetto, but everything is fixed in the correct places and it actually feels better and more realistic than many of the playseat kits you can buy.
I've improved the shifter feel on the Logitech G25 kit and it flawlessly got me through GT6 as well.

A few weeks ago I bought a PS4 Pro and GTS and I was really disappointed that the G25 is not supported. Luckily, the Drive Hub from Collectiveminds shipped in just 4 working days and thanks to that I can use my good old G25 with GTS too.

The Drive Hub works flawlessly and the built-in RPM indicator is a nice add-on to my playseat.
Will order some G25 modifications from 3DRAP to make my playseat feel even better.

Would love to see pictures of other DIY playseats!

I voted "wheel", but I actually use both, as my wheel isn't permanently setup, due to space issues - it's a T300 wheelbase, with the Leather 28 GT rim, connected to Fanatec CSR Elite pedals, which I got cheap secondhand, via a Basherboards CPX v2 adaptor, all attached to a folding Wheelstand Pro - so I sometimes just use my DS4 controller if I just want a few laps for fun. Bit sad that they ruined the motion controller steering in the 1.10 patch, though :-(

Here's my "rig" setup (folded):

5sILWcN.jpg

I'm using a Logitech G29 with the G25 Pedals. Took my Seat off my old car to build a Rig. I don't show pictures cause you all get jealous :P

T150 with the standard pedals. Works great now that the gas pedal spring has been repaired

When it was broken, I used the standard DS4 with manual transmission. R2/L2 to move and R1/L1 to shift.

I've never tried this motion controlled steering. Seems that a lot of people like it

Played around with my G27 and CronusMax but went back to DS4. To be frank GTS’ physics don’t justify using a wheel, therefore it’s not worth the hassle to set it up every time I wanna play a couple sport races. (My wheel is usually mounted in front of my PC where I play pC1/2, AC, iR, et cet., and my ps4pro hooked up to a projector in the living room.) I might not surpass A/S with a DS4 but who cares, I wanna kick back when I’m on a console, PC is for serious stuff :)

Just curious, who's using a wheel, and who's using a DS4?

Feel free to post your wheel type, as well.
Just got a like new driving force GT for $10 on Craigslist. I had or get a cronusmax for $60 and afternoon realized the $8 wooden table wasn't going to cut it, I got a wheel stand (really nice) on Amazon for $130. Driving with a wheel is so much more pleasurable.

Logitech DFGT hooked up with a Drive Hub, and all resting on a WheelStandPro.

If I just want to do a couple of quick races then I still use the DS4, for convenience, otherwise it's the wheel all the way.

The wheel just makes the game feel that so much better!

Back