Why are realistic hybrids hated so badly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjcasr85
  • 142 comments
  • 8,638 views
My two cents.

It's entirely dependent on the hybrid and on the situation. At the moment I'm running a Nissan March 12R with stock GT-R engine and drivetrain (I borrow-glitched it, I didn't make it and can't figure out how to :confused:). See, it tops out at around 160mph, and people online magically couldn't give two hoots about me in my positively slow hybrid.

I only enter hybrids into cop, drift and (if I know I'll get beaten) drag lobbies. I wouldn't dream of entering a 'proper' race room and pissing off someone.

EDIT:

And to everyone saying "Ban ALL teh people who use hybrids!!"

Really? Why would Sony ban a (pretty big portion) of the market, potential future customers of their products?
How many in the BIG market do you believe has these hacked cars?

:odd:
 
How many in the BIG market do you believe has these hacked cars?

:odd:

Easily enough of them that Sony/PD can't come down on it so heavy handed; especially when the nature of how they are distributed means that many people who have them may not know that they are against the rules.

I played Unreal Tournament on the PC for years. It would have been nothing without the mods supplied by the users. I loved being tiny in low gravity and flying around the kids room or the cabin or the bathroom.

But in these rooms we all had the same abilities and we all had the same weapons.

So, what you're saying is, you had the option to join those mod rooms just like they had the option to set them up; or you could choose play along the established rules by the developers in a regular room? How is that different from a "Disallow Hybrids" option for the host to make use of in GT5 lobbies, which was the entire point of this discussion?


In this situation only the cheaters have the advantage.

Do it in UT: Acceptable to increase the life of the game. People are happy with the option to play it regularly or play it modded because they are given it.

Do it in GT5: Cheating. Even if they are given the option to balance it out.
 
Last edited:
DiersZee1
How many in the BIG market do you believe has these hacked cars?

:odd:

Well over half of the people on my friends list have access to them... go figure...
 
Easily enough of them that Sony/PD can't come down on it so heavy handed; especially when the nature of how they are distributed means that many people who have them may not know that they are against the rules.
Enough, but I personally do not believe it is a huge volume of members...just enough in which I agree. As for PD doing anything about it? Each week that goes by with no updates, I am more doubtful.
 
Enough, but I personally do not believe it is a huge volume of members...just enough in which I agree. As for PD doing anything about it? Each week that goes by with no updates, I am more doubtful.

A definitive solution will take time. Recall the track break out glitches, they went on for some time.

What I'm wondering about is why no quick temporary solution has been issued or announced (even in a manner not very overt). I have no idea why PP and HP are separated, but it shouldn't be hard to fix that. Including more info in the pop up under player's names in lobbies would also be help and doesn't sound difficult.
 
I think the changeup in how the TTs are structured probably is the stopgap solution while they figure something out.
 
Enough, but I personally do not believe it is a huge volume of members...just enough in which I agree. As for PD doing anything about it? Each week that goes by with no updates, I am more doubtful.

Could be the opposite. They could be delaying the next update as they work on a solution.
 
If we're to get engine swaps etc. in the game, we're going to need better online lobbies anyway to allow proper balance. That is where the effort should be put, not in banning the idiots that like to ruin other peoples' fun or win at any cost. Remove hybrids and those people will still be idiots, so give us the ability to better control the rooms to make them unappealing to idiots! The stopgap is sensible, and if they're having to delay the next game to put better online features into it, then great.

Looking through the hybrid photo threads, I am sorely tempted to give this a go, there are some really nice (some funny, some "tasteless" for my tastes, etc.) things being done with them. I promise not to kick sand in anyone's face online, though, but I only race shuffle anyway because of the crapshoot that public rooms have always been without proper options.
 
That would be interesting if it was true all I can say is from what I have seen online is a Honda civic that went 300+ mph go karts and klubwaggons going faster than me and I was in a lambo going over 200 mph if I ever do see a modded car that is believable then I wouldn't complain but seeing as I haven't I will keep complaining :/
 
That would be interesting if it was true all I can say is from what I have seen online is a Honda civic that went 300+ mph go karts and klubwaggons going faster than me and I was in a lambo going over 200 mph if I ever do see a modded car that is believable then I wouldn't complain but seeing as I haven't I will keep complaining :/

Agreed.
 
It's actually a lot harder than it may seem. I don't know a lot about programming, scripting, or coding. But.. Each 1 of the 1,100+ cars on GT5 have their own code(s). Which can vary from about 10 to about 10,000 charactors (Letters and Numbers etc). Each cars sound, Physics, Characteristic etc. Has to be fixed and remained fixed. It's like an extremely difficult game of chess. Or a game of Chess, Checkers, Mahjong, Connect 4, wheel of Fortune all in one game. Trying to predict what could happen and what will happen to fix this exploit. The easiest would be to make it so that we all have to delete and start over our game saves after a fix has been installed. lol I'd still be humming a happy tune and doing so. If a game fixes a major problem I'm all for it. Sad when the worst problem of the game is one made by the games players -_- Someone(s) needs a new hobby. The one(s) who cracked the code just needs a life..
 
I don't know a lot about programming, scripting, or coding

You made that clear. What you said isn't true, deleting game saves would be basically impossible (especially with back ups), and it would be by the far the worst thing PD has ever done in the history of not only the universe, but perhaps the multiverse.
 
Someone(s) needs a new hobby. The one(s) who cracked the code just needs a life..

You shouldn't go around insulting peoples' life. Have you thought that those people actually do know codding because their jobs are centered around computers and actually do something useful with coding? Maybe they just tried
to decode the save file out of curiosity, and because GT5 had became boring and they wanted to try something new. Thing is, it's a hobby like any other, and calling them no lifes is just rude.
 
But these people making and distributing the cars are ruining it for everyone else. So what can we call them, because without them it wouldnt be happening...
 
Cuz they're too slow? idk ˙~˙
 
What I'm finding interesting is peoples attitudes seem to be changing. I see some folks admitting to enjoying hybrids. Folks I thought never would. I'm glad I was wrong.:)
 
Why are realistic hybrids hated so badly?

Because, people just aren't ready to have their doors blown off by a 580pp Karmann Ghia with RUF RGT bits underneath :lol:

I really don't get it either. We should be praised for making these "Practical Hacks".

Much more creative than some Frankenstein car with too much HP and no cornering abilities.

And, whats with all the 'Hella Fails' going around. Wheels too wide for the car without any camber to try and hide it look rubbish.
Take time, make it drive well, look good and make it practical.
 
Because, people just aren't ready to have their doors blown off by a 580pp Karmann Ghia with RUF RGT bits underneath :lol:

I really don't get it either. We should be praised for making these "Practical Hacks"..

I really don't know why it's hard to understand. It's not FAIR.
 
I really don't know why it's hard to understand. It's not FAIR.

How so? A RUF RGT Vs. a KG with RUF RGT running gear at the same PP should be equal, no?
 
Not necessarily. There have always been "phantom" statistics that PP takes into account and things that it should take into account but doesn't.


For sure, in real life a Karmann Ghia with 911 bits wouldn't drive the same as the 911 they pulled them from.
 
How so? A RUF RGT Vs. a KG with RUF RGT running gear at the same PP should be equal, no?

Do I have access to the latter, by legitimate means? No. There are 1000 odd cars in GT5 and part of the challenge is finding the best cars and best tuning combination to get the win online and in other events. Everyone who buys the game has the same ability to create cars with the tools PD provide, the cars and the parts. We all have the equal chance of making a killer combination.

Now you're making cars, like the one described, that can't be created by everyone with the tools PD provide. Ideally every car at every PP would be identical but we know they're not, some cars dominate others for whatever reason. Now what if you create a completely realistic car that happens to turn into one of those cars? It's not fair to those not breaking the ToS and creating these cars.

It's all about everyone being on a level playing field and with hybrids, we're not. People using hybrids have the potential and tools to gain an advantage over those that don't whether they're realistic or not.
 
That is true only if you limit yourself to pd's lame regulation system. As you said, there are always a dominant cars in every class. Why not take the time to match the cars on your own, thus increasing diversity and fairness at the same time.

A little bit of try is all it takes, promise.
 
Yes there are dominant cars but the point is anyone with a GT5 disk can build them. That is not true of hybrids.

By "Pd's lame regulation system" are you referring to the terms of service that I would have to break to create one of these cars? Because that is my point, hybrids are not fair on the people that do not wish to break the Sony ToS and risk any number of possible implications for doing so. You can't really lament people for wanting to play legitimately but those people are not not able to play fairly.
 
No, I'm referring to, well do I really need to say?
 
No, I'm referring to, well do I really need to say?

Well yes because I'm not seeing your point. I'm not talking about me personally (I don't even play the game anymore), I'm talking about the online community as a whole. Yes anyone could go into a private lobby or whatever to get some fair, competitive racing but they shouldn't have to. Every lobby should be equal in terms of what chance people have of winning. If it's on the disc, it is. A hybrid, isn't.
 
Fictitious performance points ring a bell? How about the rest of lobby restrictions or should I say lack of. I think you know exactly what I am talking about and choose to pretend it's all good because you don't like the hybrids.

I don't disagree with you btw, I'm saying with some testing, some ingenuity, and some integrity some great racing can be had with a widely varied field, even the devil spawned hybrids.
 
I'm saying with some testing, some ingenuity, and some integrity some great racing can be had with a widely varied field, even the devil spawned hybrids.

That's pretty close to what Lance Armstrong said to Oprah Winfrey.
 
We are talking about a video game.
 
I never said the PP system was perfect (far from it) or that the online lobby system in general works well. All I'm saying is that no matter how poor they are everyone with the game has the same FAIR chance of creating a dominant car because it's all there on the disc provided by PD.

I'm not saying that a bunch of hybrids couldn't be tuned so they were exactly even with non-hybrids, I'm saying that people who choose to play by the book don't have the same opportunities to find better cars/combinations. Plus you well know that not everyone with a "realistic" hybid is interested in it being balanced, they're looking for that edge. An edge legitimate players can't find.

The simple point is that anybody should be able to enter ANY lobby and know that they have a fair chance of winning based on the tools they have available to them from the game, even if there are some imbalances in the systems PD provide. That is why it isn't fair. I'm not sure how much further I could explain it.
 
Life is not always fair, and you hate the fact that some people have hybrids, I get all that.

I don't see things the same way as you do, non hybrid lobbies should be no problem to host if that is your fancy. But as you said, you don't even play the game anymore and I can see why :D
 
Back