Why do 0/0/0 collectors care about color?

  • Thread starter Thread starter otakukid96
  • 36 comments
  • 2,395 views
Messages
1,845
United States
Durham, N.C.
Messages
otakukid965
I've seen several trading threads with people asking for 0/0/0 cars in certain colors. Shouldn't just getting the untouched car in any color be enough?
 
I think they try to get the car in all available colours all in 0/0/0 state, each to their own.
 
A way to keep them busy and to keep playing the game. Once you get most of the cars in the game, it gets to be kind of repetitive sometimes if you don't have something "different" to do.
 
I wonder how many accounts one would need to open to complete a full spectrum set of cars?That would be far more than the 2000 car limit imposed on one account for sure.
 
A way to keep them busy and to keep playing the game. Once you get most of the cars in the game, it gets to be kind of repetitive sometimes if you don't have something "different" to do.

Not really 'playing' the game though, are they?
 
SimonK
Not really 'playing' the game though, are they?

You play the game however you want to. They can make the game what they want to.
 
Not really 'playing' the game though, are they?

Sorry, but I am one of those that collect cars, 0/0/0 and otherwise. And yes, I do also play the game as evidenced in my participation in the seasonal time trials and the WRS time trials. Also, look at my sig and you will see my game status. I am only missing like 10 cars in particular colors to complete the collection, stretched over 5 accounts. So, there goes your theory about "not really playing the game" when people collect cars. You can do both.
 
Not really 'playing' the game though, are they?

Iam a 0/0/0 collector. I have ALL standard in ALL colors. I have run so far over 160.000 km playing the game...
 
I didn't mean you can't do both, I simply meant that the sole act of collecting the cars isn't really playing a game as someone insinuated it was.
 
I didn't mean you can't do both, I simply meant that the sole act of collecting the cars isn't really playing a game as someone insinuated it was.

People "play" the game in different ways. There is no right or wrong way to play the game. You are the one that insinuated that it was't really playing the game if they just collected cars, your words, not mine. Its not up to you to decide how this game should be played or what the definition of playing the game is. If they put the disc in their PS3 and do whatever it is that they want to do, (race, drive around, collect cars, paint cars, make replicas, etc) then they are playing the game. You do not have to just race cars to be considered playing the game.

Spirithockey61 never insinuated anything. He was merely giving another example of how to play the game. You are the one that made the insinuation with your comment.
 
If I've learnt something about GT5 in these 2 years is that this is a game everyone can "play" the way they want 💡 Don't like the idea of cars gathering "virtual dust" in "virtual garages"... but I respect the whole collecting thing :)👍
 
I don't understand them either, so you collect every 0/0/0 car in the game in every color, but you can't race them because then you'll break the holy 0/0/0 seal people spend so much time chasing. It's ridiculously ironic.

Either way, they paid for the game so they can do whatever they want with it...
 
Rit
I wonder how many accounts one would need to open to complete a full spectrum set of cars?That would be far more than the 2000 car limit imposed on one account for sure.
Per Duck' Car Catalog version 2.14 (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=232598), the are 5880 cars (before 2 new standard Lotus in latest OCD).

So you'd need 3 accounts.
 
Last edited:
These threads always end in a debate on how to play the game. Do whatever you want, if you're a car enthusiast, you'll find all kinds of ways to enjoy this game!
 
I don't understand them either, so you collect every 0/0/0 car in the game in every color, but you can't race them because then you'll break the holy 0/0/0 seal people spend so much time chasing. It's ridiculously ironic.

Either way, they paid for the game so they can do whatever they want with it...

Don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding it. Its just something different to do, simple. So what if you can't drive them in order to keep them at 0/0/0. I have plenty of cars that I can drive. Its not like you can only have one make, model, and year of each car. If I want to drive a car that I have at 0/0/0, I just go and get one with miles on it. Whats hard to understand is why people like you have a hard time understanding this way of playing the game. The way I see it, it shouldn't even be a subject of debate.
 
... You can always put your triple Zero's to share... and maybe a Pal will do the same and you can borrow and race in a car so clean, fresh and tight you'd think the Virgin Mary herself passed her driving test in it.

And then when you change out of it... and change back it is restored back to the Collectors holy trinity - 0 0 0. (Well zero is the number with the hole.) A timeless gift from the East.
 
Ryk
... You can always put your triple Zero's to share... and maybe a Pal will do the same and you can borrow and race in a car so clean, fresh and tight you'd think the Virgin Mary herself passed her driving test in it.

And then when you change out of it... and change back it is restored back to the Collectors holy trinity - 0 0 0. (Well zero is the number with the hole.) A timeless gift from the East.

Nice, well written, smartass post, lol.
 
I've seen several trading threads with people asking for 0/0/0 cars in certain colors. Shouldn't just getting the untouched car in any color be enough?

I don't get it either, but I don't get why someone would collect stamps or beer caps or a bazilion other things. But they do and they enjoy it and that's all that matters.

I didn't mean you can't do both, I simply meant that the sole act of collecting the cars isn't really playing a game as someone insinuated it was.

If it is possible to do something in a game, then you're playing the game. Just because it isn't the way one person plays it, doesn't mean they aren't playing. I bet there are people out there who have a garage full of thousands of a single car model, all painted with every different paint chip in the game. I'd be bored after the second paint job...lol...but that person obviously isn't.
 
I don't get it either, but I don't get why someone would collect stamps or beer caps or a bazilion other things. But they do and they enjoy it and that's all that matters.



If it is possible to do something in a game, then you're playing the game. Just because it isn't the way one person plays it, doesn't mean they aren't playing. I bet there are people out there who have a garage full of thousands of a single car model, all painted with every different paint chip in the game. I'd be bored after the second paint job...lol...but that person obviously isn't.

Thats pretty much what I do in Forza, lol. I can sit there and design cars for hours in that game.
 
I'm collecting one of each car, don't care about the colour, but am getting at least one win with each car. Keep re-visiting old race events I probably never would if not, to get the wins.
 
scarey1969
I'm collecting one of each car, don't care about the colour, but am getting at least one win with each car. Keep re-visiting old race events I probably never would if not, to get the wins.

This is the exact thing that I do. Love driving all the cars. Only need 40 cars to complete my collection. 36 of them being premiums :lol:
 
This is the exact thing that I do. Love driving all the cars. Only need 40 cars to complete my collection. 36 of them being premiums :lol:

I think everybody started at one point with "one of each"....
But while having fun doing it, limits gets extended...
There is a bunch of people that have every car in every color in unused (0/0) condition.
When that was finished, I decided to collect GT5 custom created replicas (copies of real cars)..

Currently passed 1000 cars...no idea where it ends.....
 
I think how you fill your time or your garage fills enough of hole in you for it to be worthwhile or you wouldn't do it.

So the question should not be why 0/0/0 collector's are looking for that rare car/colour combination in 0/0/0, but what they're going to do once they complete their collection. That's what I'd like to know. Spending months building up a garage, then what?
 
I think how you fill your time or your garage fills enough of hole in you for it to be worthwhile or you wouldn't do it.

So the question should not be why 0/0/0 collector's are looking for that rare car/colour combination in 0/0/0, but what they're going to do once they complete their collection. That's what I'd like to know. Spending months building up a garage, then what?


Who knows and why should it matter?
 
It amazes me that after two years, people still concern themselves with how other people play the game.
 
I think everybody started at one point with "one of each"....
But while having fun doing it, limits gets extended...
There is a bunch of people that have every car in every color in unused (0/0) condition.
When that was finished, I decided to collect GT5 custom created replicas (copies of real cars)..

Currently passed 1000 cars...no idea where it ends.....

Im guessing 800+ are orange? :dopey:
 
I have more than 1500 cars on my 2 other accounts, at least 200 on each account are Nissan Skylines and Silvias, I don't really care about 0/0/0, I just love the drive them from time to time :D, I guess I'll be keeping collecting duplicates from UCD when I see them or any cars that interests me. I wished they all come with license plate, making them much more unique.
 
I think how you fill your time or your garage fills enough of hole in you for it to be worthwhile or you wouldn't do it.

So the question should not be why 0/0/0 collector's are looking for that rare car/colour combination in 0/0/0, but what they're going to do once they complete their collection. That's what I'd like to know. Spending months building up a garage, then what?

Once GT6 is announce I will have fun with my garage. I pretty much only play GT. Plus marketplace community is great here at gtplanet. People are creative about it and play the game in a creative way.
 
It amazes me that after two years, people still concern themselves with how other people play the game.

Totally agree mate. People shouldn't care how and what others do with their game.

Im guessing 800+ are orange? :dopey:

Haha, almost...or at least a bunch!!

Cheers
 
Back