Why do people call me a hacker?

• Thread starter AeroFox87
  • 85 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Master__Shake_
Regardless of circuit or drag tuning, the optimum transmission setup is to have gear spread evenly across the transmission, getting tighter as they get further to top gear. Like this pic:

If you stretch one too far and shrink another, it will cause shift lag somewhere in the powerband and mess up the race. If you want to eliminate a shift, you stretch the transmission far enough so that the 2nd-to-last gear is where you cross the 400m mark. Either that, or short-shift to 2nd or 3rd - depending on your launch gear.

Doesn't take a genius to see this guy either raced completely stock cars or has parts he shouldn't. I'm pretty sure a stock horsepower gallardo could do low 10s with just a transmission and suspension tune. Hell, I made a ZR1 with stock horsepower do 10.3s without a single horsepower mod, and that's RWD with tirespin.

I understand what you are talking about. Trust me it worked pretty good (But only on a few cars). I understand the proper transmission setup. I was pointing out that he might have been using that method.

Oh yeah I know. The cars had to be around stock, if he was beating them legitimately. If not then like you said, he might have had parts on there.

I guess I can go test and see if stage four and five engine can be applied to that car (which I highly doubt). I know stage four and five weight can be added on everything (which doesn't take off that much weight, depending on the car). Besides that part multiplier or those super soft tires.

Lock2Lock
I understand. It's funny how it ruined one part of the community, then made another part of the community grow.

Just sucks some people can't be honest. Just saying even say I was running a hacked car I would be honest about it. Why lie on a video game? Just makes no sense to me.

Only thing I use on all of my cars that I don't care to tell anyone about (no matter if it is for racing, drag, or drift), is the triple plate clutch. Which the only reason I use it is to aid the problems with GT5's clutch physics. Which anyone with a wheel will tell you about GT5's clutch problems. However, if someone asks me if I am using any hidden parts I will kindly tell them that I am using the clutch and my reason for using it.

But I will confirm this for you guys. There is no way to eliminate a gear outside the game after the update.

Where do you get a tripple plate clutch?

Hacking. I thought all this tripe-clutch, stage 4-5 was happening a few months ago and it got patched. I guess it is back.
But I think that PD will try to do something. Because some people want GT6 to have engine swaps and more upgrade options. But since people can hack GT5, some people would possibly not want to buy GT6 anymore. This would lead to less sales for GT6, and PD doesn't want this. So maybe if they patch this again, GT5 will go old to a lot of people and they'll want to buy GT6.
That's what I think atleast.

AeroFox87

You don't need it if not on a wheel. You will not notice a difference. It is just to stop the horrible miss shifting into neutral aspect on a wheel with a clutch.

But honestly, I have been trying to get back into drag racing. I have been working on a couple cars. I make duplicate versions of them. One with and one without the triple plate clutch. So say if I am joining say Slashfan, I will probably ask him if he is fine with me having that one part on my car. If he says no, I will use the one without it. Even with me knowing it doesn't give me a advantage, I will still respect his rules.

I have no problem with these parts or cars running against me, as long as they are used in the correct time and place. One thing is the lack of honesty that some people do not have. They would rather not tell someone they have blank part, then act like they are running a legitimate car. I do not understand the point in that.

I also have access to the turbos, stage four/five weight reduction, stage four/five engine, tires and other things too. But I don't bring them into places they are not allowed.

Also Slashfan (or anyone), if you don't know how to spot people running the super soft tires in your lobbies, let me know and I will inform on a easy way to spot it.

Lock2Lock
With a DS3? O_O.

Ive seen about the same difference in times. I use a DS3 to tune on 1/4s, I've noticed you lose a little time when the car sways with a wheel. Online I do use a dfgt.

ryzno
Ive seen about the same difference in times. I use a DS3 to tune on 1/4s, I've noticed you lose a little time when the car sways with a wheel. Online I do use a dfgt.

Oh ok. Yeah I have noticed that when I got to hit the clutch I swerve a bit haha.

Using a Clutch will Dramatically increase your time on SSRX and offline but online its slower or same. So its frowned upon for offline times...

michrulejj
Using a Clutch will Dramatically increase your time on SSRX and offline but online its slower or same. So its frowned upon for offline times...

I disagree completely. Depends on the person. You can only shift so fast on say G27 before the game will count it as a miss shift, in result throwing it into neutral

Sure it will increase your time if you slip the clutch on the start then use the padle shifters for the rest. Which in my opinion as I told Slashfan before doing that is the same as e-cheating.

I honestly believe legitimately shifting all through the gears with the clutch, I will be slower. Only way I would be able to make up my time lost shifting would be to ride the clutch a tad off the line (which is fare).

I disagree completely.

Sure it will increase your time if you slip the clutch on the start then use the padle shifters for the rest. Which in my opinion as I told Slashfan before doing that is the same as e-cheating.

I honestly believe legitimately shifting all through the gears with the clutch, I will be slower. Only way I would be able to make up my time lost shifting would be to ride the clutch a tad off the line (which is fare).

I don't know exactly... I just remember a thread where a clutch would make a car .02 Faster. But I think they had paddle shifters. It was proven at one point that you could do it a certain way to make it faster...

michrulejj
I don't know exactly... I just remember a thread where a clutch would make a car .02 Faster. But I think they had paddle shifters. It was proven at one point that you could do it a certain way to make it faster...

Yep. That would be what I said above. Ride the clutch out on the launch, then shift with the padle shifters the rest of the run. Which you are cheating yourself with that BS method.

I did my test with an automatic trans, some sorry hacker asked me to tune his prelude so i threw a basic quick tune and it beat the record by .010 i was say what and then noticed the hybrid trans... Needless to say it could run 11.590s with a good tune so i made it run 11.700 for him lol

jspectoaster
I did my test with an automatic trans, some sorry hacker asked me to tune his prelude so i threw a basic quick tune and it beat the record by .010 i was say what and then noticed the hybrid trans... Needless to say it could run 11.590s with a good tune so i made it run 11.700 for him lol

Lol. If I tune anything for people I do the same. lmao.

I put my tune on it, if i haven't tuned it before so I can retune one for me. Then, I clear it out and put in one that blows compared to the other lmao.

That would be a very noticeable difference in pull at indy

I have a video on YouTube of what a flywheel and possibly a clutch will do, but I don't really want to post it due to it naming and shaming, which isn't the best thing to do.. However, I can't stop people from searching for it... My account name is SimpleMatt37 in case you guys were wondering..

I have a 71 Mach mustang with 721-725hp? And I have tuned it for they indy 1/4. But everytime I beat someone they get all buthurt, is it cause they are mad there Audi or Lambo lost to a mustang? I use Racing Softs, not super softs..

Sometimes you're right i come across, a bloke who just start drag racing and a terrible tree I got a evo8rs smoking there Enzo lol the guy instantly accused of hack evo lol guy in a lambo must be one of those guys

You don't need it if not on a wheel. You will not notice a difference. It is just to stop the horrible miss shifting into neutral aspect on a wheel with a clutch.

But honestly, I have been trying to get back into drag racing. I have been working on a couple cars. I make duplicate versions of them. One with and one without the triple plate clutch. So say if I am joining say Slashfan, I will probably ask him if he is fine with me having that one part on my car. If he says no, I will use the one without it. Even with me knowing it doesn't give me a advantage, I will still respect his rules.

I have no problem with these parts or cars running against me, as long as they are used in the correct time and place. One thing is the lack of honesty that some people do not have. They would rather not tell someone they have blank part, then act like they are running a legitimate car. I do not understand the point in that.

I also have access to the turbos, stage four/five weight reduction, stage four/five engine, tires and other things too. But I don't bring them into places they are not allowed.

Also Slashfan (or anyone), if you don't know how to spot people running the super soft tires in your lobbies, let me know and I will inform on a easy way to spot it.

Once said person is on the track just put your arrow over their name and it will tell you what aids they are running, what transmission they are running, and what tires they are running, relatively simple to figure it out.

Shells N Cheese
Once said person is on the track just put your arrow over their name and it will tell you what aids they are running, what transmission they are running, and what tires they are running, relatively simple to figure it out.

I know that. I was talking about the hidden tires when I mentioned "If you don't know how to spot the super soft tires, let me know". After PD's update (that in all reality didn't solve anything), you can't see the person's tires if they are running hidden tires. It will not show them using them.

If they are using said tires, the only way you will know is if they say "yeah I am running racing softs". When you look at their name it shows the tires that are on the car stock. Only way to spot it (that's if the deny using them).

I know that. I was talking about the hidden tires when I mentioned "If you don't know how to spot the super soft tires, let me know". After PD's update (that in all reality didn't solve anything), you can't see the person's tires if they are running hidden tires. It will not show them using them.

If they are using said tires, the only way you will know is if they say "yeah I am running racing softs". When you look at their name it shows the tires that are on the car stock. Only way to spot it (that's if the deny using them).

I got ya now lol, that's weird how that works, now people can get away with it, it always strike me as suspicious when I see someone running sports tires in a drag lobby, makes me wonder you know.

Shells N Cheese
I got ya now lol, that's weird how that works, now people can get away with it, it always strike me as suspicious when I see someone running sports tires in a drag lobby, makes me wonder you know.

Well, you can thank PD for getting ride of every realistic thing hybriding offered. Then leaving the unrealistic stuff in, while at the same time making it easier for people with said unrealistic cars to cheat.

Well, you can thank PD for getting ride of every realistic thing hybriding offered. Then leaving the unrealistic stuff in, while at the same time making it easier for people with said unrealistic cars to cheat.

I agree with both opinions about hacking, I think modding can be cool if it's done realistically and within reason, but the 3 million HP cars are so far from realistic it's not even funny. In real life an 800hp Honda Civic does exist as well as a 1,700hp Toyota Supra, now that is realistic but when you talk about 3 million HP that is when I really think modding is dumb. Regardless I still don't like modding very much at all.

Shells N Cheese
I agree with both opinions about hacking, I think modding can be cool if it's done realistically and within reason, but the 3 million HP cars are so far from realistic it's not even funny. In real life an 800hp Honda Civic does exist as well as a 1,700hp Toyota Supra, now that is realistic but when you talk about 3 million HP that is when I really think modding is dumb. Regardless I still don't like modding very much at all.

Yep I hear you

So to spot Super softs is to see Sports Hards or less on a street car when everyone else is running racing softs. Etc.
I've had issues with such things sense last year.
Only way to replicate times - knowing the persons tune - was to turn on SRF. (non drag racing here)

Maybe PD should at least put the markers into the game so if someone IS using them it actually reads correctly. They can still disallow it BUT if someone is using said tires - it shows up Or if they are using St 5 Turbo it adds to the PP / Hp and allow game to read unlimited HP #'s. They can set a max allowed per car and if it reads above that game actually shows BUST'D (: or maybe DUMB ...

PD - Who wouldm't buy a DLC to allow the use of the extra parts?

So to spot Super softs is to see Sports Hards or less on a street car when everyone else is running racing softs. Etc.
I've had issues with such things sense last year.
Only way to replicate times - knowing the persons tune - was to turn on SRF. (non drag racing here)

Maybe PD should at least put the markers into the game so if someone IS using them it actually reads correctly. They can still disallow it BUT if someone is using said tires - it shows up Or if they are using St 5 Turbo it adds to the PP / Hp and allow game to read unlimited HP #'s. They can set a max allowed per car and if it reads above that game actually shows BUST'D (: or maybe DUMB ...

PD - Who wouldm't buy a DLC to allow the use of the extra parts?

Bump much..... Haha this thread is dead and parts are gone hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back