why do people with expensive cars think they can beat me in out accel

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha thread of the year material. Heck, even from his nickname, got dammit.
 
......................
 
Last edited:


I bet you I can show you a $50k car you cannot beat anywhere.

You can do better than that. A used 5000 dollar car beats the crap out of it.

Hell, I know guys that do a better start off the line at foot than his car
 
Nobody is racing you. They just have to poop.
 
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/21481206.jpg
 
Nope you are wrong. I said I was going faster to get in front them and not them get in front of me so that doesn't really count as a drag.

Yes it does. You are racing to get ahead of someone else off the lights. Grow up.

Bring your car to germantown,maryland I know a place where there is a little long enough straight not to far and not in traffic.

Firstly, I didn't say it was mine - just that I bet you I could name one. Secondly, racing on public roads is illegal and stupid:

I don't street race and don't intend to.

Lastly, it's an Ariel Atom 2 245. Pick a track, any track...


It seems that it's not the people with expensive cars that have the chip on their shoulder about beating people off the lights. It's the people who think they're awesome drivers in beaters and just plonk their right foot down on their auto blandwagon. Newsflash - the rest of us don't care about you, we're just driving to places on public roads, not using them as our own personal race tracks.

Edit:


TOYOTA Camry 2.2i (1997 - 2001) dimensions, ground clearance, fuel, acceleration
general

Cylinders - L4
Displacement - 2164 cm3
Power - 131hp @ 5200rpm
Torque - 144.6lbft @ 4200 rpm

Top Speed - 124.3mph
Acceleration 0-62 Mph - 10.4s

I'm quaking in my space boots. My £1,000 eBay special would destroy that with the family and dogs on board...

Cylinders - L6
Displacement - 2496 cm3
Power - 168hp @ 5500rpm
Torque - 181bft @ 3500 rpm

Top Speed - 138mph
Acceleration 0-62 Mph - 8.2s
 
Last edited:
.................
 
Last edited:
251267.jpg
 
You can say what you want but toyota camry are beast. They last longer than any other car and I can bet you I can beat a car that cost more in a full lap around the track not like those mclaren or ford gt not exotic I also can beat a ford mustang.

Oh boy its been a while since we've had one that's this much fun.

My Alfa would more than like to play and wouldn't cost a great deal more.

Two years driving experience and you can beat any car off the lights (because that's a real mature place to race) and also around any track.

Exactly how much track experience do you have?


That doesn't count as drag racing just to get in front of someone. So would you say everyone is racing than just because they try to pass the other person? Wow I don't even know what is in your head X D.
That's called overtaking and kind of renders the nonsense of you first post invalid, here's a serious suggestion, quite while you are ahead with this as all your doing right now is digging a very big hole for yourself.


I never said I was racing...
You implied it repeatedly.

Ariel atom is to weightless and fast I meant most family sedans/ some v8 cars(2 doors or 4)
More caveats. OK how about my Alfa, after all its got a smaller engine than your car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4572204#post4572204
 
Last edited:
Ah. So we've gone from any car, to no exotics to most family sedans/some v8s?

You're actually about 12, aren't you? And you've never driven a car in your life?

*ROFFLE*
 
That doesn't count as drag racing just to get in front of someone.

Lights change and you try to out accelerate someone. That's drag racing.

So would you say everyone is racing than just because they try to pass the other person? Wow I don't even know what is in your head X D.

It isn't that a 2.2 Camry driven by an 18 year old is an unbeatable street drag machine.

I never said I was racing...

Except where you did. Then challenged me to one...

Ariel atom is to weightless and fast I meant most family sedans/ some v8 cars(2 doors or 4)

So I won the bet then. And the response to "Any car?" is still "No".

Incidentally, I just posted the figures for my beater wagon. It's more than 2 seconds quicker to 60mph and outclasses your Camry on every conceivable statistic - including trunk space.

You're going to have to accept the fact that the people you think are trying to beat you off the lights aren't. You're the one who thinks the roads are your race track - we're just trying to get to places.
 
Newsflash - the rest of us don't care about you, we're just driving to places on public roads, not using them as our own personal race tracks.

Indeed. In fact, it's entirely feasible that those BMWs and Mercs are accelerating entirely normally, at a comfortable pace, and it's taking a planted right foot in that 2.2 Camry to "beat" them.

For amusement, that Kia that took us all to Le Mans is quicker in a straight line than that 2.2 Camry too. And it's auto (and AWD), so no technique required...
 
More to the point, the Kia that took us all to Le Mans is still quicker in a straight line with seven of us in it and all our stuff :lol:

And browner.
 
You can tell it is the weekend, it always brings 'them' out.
 
More to the point, the Kia that took us all to Le Mans is still quicker in a straight line with seven of us in it and all our stuff :lol:

And browner.

Oh my gawd. :lol:
 
That doesn't count as drag racing just to get in front of someone. So would you say everyone is racing than just because they try to pass the other person?

Watch out guys, we've got a lawyer over here!
 
Ariel atom is to weightless and fast I meant most family sedans/ some v8 cars(2 doors or 4)
I got one o' these:

0911001500a.jpg


I daresay it wouldn't have much trouble taking you either.
 
Nope you are wrong. I said I was going faster to get in front them and not them get in front of me so that doesn't really count as a drag.

Are you trying to have an accident? Purposely getting in front of a car that we all know has the ability to move quicker than your 2.2 liter 2001 automatic Camry because you feel they want to race you is ridiculous and insanely dangerous. Someone should report your actions to your local and state police departments.

Bring your car to germantown,maryland I know a place where there is a little long enough straight not to far and not in traffic.

If this isn't a sanctioned track with officials and safety measures in place you are attempting to set up an illegal street race. Not to mention Famine isn't from your neck of the woods. Hell, he isn't even from our country.


Yup I don't feel like buying yet. I don't want to pay for my own car yet. I will do that when I am 19 or 20. I am going after a CDL license (Commercial Driving License) so I gotta use some of my money I saved for that. I had decided what car to buy anyways when I do. I been driving this camry for bout almost 2 yrs since I was 16 and now I am 18. That is not the only car I drive though.

The chances of you ever getting a CDL is a ridiculous thought as you no doubt lose your Class C's long before then.
 
Found this on eBay. It is only $250 and I think it stands a chance.
 
..............................
 
Last edited:
Oh dear.

Street racing is illegal full stop.
 
How did this topic get from me asking a question as to why they always think they can get in front of me to drag racing topic? You guys are way off topic.

>

I know they try to beat me because they so impatient and they keep moving forward thinking they can beat me so I just stand still and when light turns green bye bye I be long gone from them or a short distance gone some times

Nope, still the same topic. Whichever way you try and spin it, you're drag racing people. People who almost certainly don't care. Or even notice you.
 
How did this topic get from me asking a question as to why they always think they can get in front of me to drag racing topic? You guys are way off topic.

Mind. Boggled.
 
How did this topic get from me asking a question as to why they always think they can get in front of me to drag racing topic? You guys are way off topic.

Your first post made this entire thread offtopic.
 
My dad has a 5.4L Supercharged V8 Cobra Replica, but after reading this I think I should advise him to take that engine out and put the 2.2L Toyota engine in.

Cheers for showing me the awesome powered Toyota.
 
.................
 
Last edited:
How did this topic get from me asking a question as to why they always think they can get in front of me to drag racing topic?

They don't. You think that they do and you solve this by racing them off the lights.

You guys are way off topic.

Not really. You, however, are way off base if you think a car that does 0-60mph in 10.4s driven by a kid with minimal driving experience can beat "any car" in your silly street races.

I don't street race or drag race

eminembeastfan2
I just stand still and when light turns green bye bye I be long gone from them or a short distance gone some times.

eminembeastfan2
Bring your car to germantown,maryland I know a place where there is a little long enough straight not to far and not in traffic.

I was just passing those cars because they keep moving forward and that is annoying.

Oh no! Cars going in the same direction as you! How annoying!
 
Last edited:
Umm okay so I don't street race or drag race as you people said if I was going to I would of upped the performance of my car but my car is bare bone stock with nothing added. And this topic can be closed now. This is getting stupid. I said I never race and I will never in my life get into illegal road racing. What don't you people understand. I was just passing those cars because they keep moving forward and that is annoying. I know there trying to get in front of me. I never said anything bout no race in start of topic. so CLOSE THIS THREAD END OF DISCUSSION.

They are moving forward because they are anticipating the light. Not only are you inadvertently drag racing cars you don't even know how to tell when someone wants to race.
 
A Camry, damn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back