Why do some cars come in nameless paint?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mstcle323
  • 15 comments
  • 1,133 views
Messages
660
Messages
mstcle
What does it mean if a car has paint that has no name
 
the paint wasnt named i guess
like the kubelwagon
what they did during the nazi reign when they created them was just throw homemade paint on it
 
No not like that my ruf and motorsport else are the same color a weird neon baby blue has no name
 
Race cars don't have a paint name normally. It just says -- I think.
 
Examples:

PDI Racing Kart
Lupo Cup Cars
Gran Turismo LM Racing Cars

These have multiple colors, but no named.
 
You don't get a paint chip with those cars, so I'm guessing the same cars can't be painted???
 
Actually you can paint it but it comes with a special paint
 
When it has no name you simply don't get the paint chip.
 
the paint wasnt named i guess
like the kubelwagon
what they did during the nazi reign when they created them was just throw homemade paint on it

They used quite strict (and stupid) regulations for it, almost till the bitter end.
Ask a model building enthusiast, he/she should know.

But the nameless paints can't be used ? That's a pitty, i realy like some of them, most paints are metallic or shiny, there should be more matte paints in GT.
Greetings stano666
 
I now have seven Mazda Furai from the UCD and one of them is a beautiful matte black. I'm only guessing that that is it's colour as it came with no chip..The other six Furai all came with a chip and colour designation.
 
I don't think the Citroen GT's come with chips, didn't get one off my Road Car anyway.
 
The RUF paints may be nameless because they are technically Porsche colours. They weren't given names in GT2 either.
 
Well I have the same color on my elise

But is it nameless?

BTW, you can paint the kart but not LM GTCars and the Lupo. As well as most racing cars.
(Karts colours are unnamed, but karts can be painted. That's what I mean.)
 
the paint wasnt named i guess
like the kubelwagon
what they did during the nazi reign when they created them was just throw homemade paint on it

The germans had a color system at that time already called RAL. The color of the kübelwagen is "Olivgrün RAL 6003"

No not like that my ruf and motorsport else are the same color a weird neon baby blue has no name

That weird neon baby blue from the RUF is called "Rivierablau". The Lotus blue is "Sky Blue". Every color got a name in real life.
 
Last edited:
Back