Why don't supercharged cars have boost gauges?

They assume that boost would simply rise with the revs, since boost from supercharging rises with RPM. RPM would be your boost unit, instead of pressure in BAR or psi.

They assume that boost would simply rise with the revs, since boost from supercharging rises with RPM. RPM would be your boost unit, instead of pressure in BAR or psi.

Yeah but its not linear, superchargers have compressor maps just like anything else.

All a supercharger does is increase the amount of air flowing through the intake. Therefore increasing performance. I'm assuming they left the gauge out because it's a commercial game, not many people would understand the concept of a supercharger. All they would think was that it worked like a nitrous boost.

I love superchargers, they have a much smoother and torquier power delivery than turbos which is probably why a boost gauge isn't essential and are also a lot better when your just cruising - lots of low down grunt and a wide powerband.

Because Supercharger's don't provide boost. All they do is whine and make you think they do.

That's funny. I'll tell you what, build an RM Camaro without the supercharger, and I'll race you in one of mine that does have it and you can tell me afterward if you think it made a difference or not. :lol:

machate-man
Prove me us wrong.

She is a she. Search her posts.

No hayley_j Im not stalking you. Remember a post a short time ago where this was debated.

As far as her statement. Yeah, ummm........... nope

I love superchargers, they have a much smoother and torquier power delivery than turbos which is probably why a boost gauge isn't essential and are also a lot better when your just cruising - lots of low down grunt and a wide powerband.

The supercharger is kind of between the naturally aspirated engine and the turbocharger in terms of acceleration - the torque in low revs and rotating speed is quicker than cars mounted with turbine compressor. On the other hand, the torque in higher revs is inferior to that of the turbo engine as the ambient temperature increases when the air is compressed inside the engine - probably that's why the supercharged cars are behind turbocharged cars in oval tracks, where require maximum speed indispensable for efficiency of performance in higher rotation.

Reading all your comments on this are hilarious. You all should have watched some tatorials on forced induction before making false assumptions

Back