Why driving license requirement?

• Thread starter magsolid
  • 63 comments
Insurance price in UK has gone down a lot for males due to gender ruling by ECJ. For same price for me to insure a low powered hatchback, it is now possible to insure a 350Z which I was surprised by.

Braking without ABS in GT6 still carries on the problem from GT5. I think it is a fundamental problem of how braking works hence same style of braking in GT5 is being used in GT6 Demo although it is slightly less effective. Even with ABS on 1, braking style works a bit like the e-brake does in the game.

Going back on topic, I think Nissan would prefer not to have costs of having to pay for their new driver to be chauffeured around. Also more chance of being competent at driving a manual car.
It won't be much good getting told by instructor to drive as fast as you can in a race car and then you saying back, how do you get car to move forward :lol:.

Insurance price in UK has gone down a lot for males due to gender ruling by ECJ. For same price for me to insure a low powered hatchback, it is now possible to insure a 350Z which I was surprised by.

Braking without ABS in GT6 still carries on the problem from GT5. I think it is a fundamental problem of how braking works hence same style of braking in GT5 is being used in GT6 Demo although it is slightly less effective. Even with ABS on 1, braking style works a bit like the e-brake does in the game.

Going back on topic, I think Nissan would prefer not to have costs of having to pay for their new driver to be chauffeured around. Also more chance of being competent at driving a manual car.
It won't be much good getting told by instructor to drive as fast as you can in a race car and then you saying back, how do you get car to move forward :lol:.

have you taken advantage of cheap 350z insurance :sly:

be pretty good to own the base car of the academy racer 👍

have you taken advantage of cheap 350z insurance :sly:

be pretty good to own the base car of the academy racer 👍
I wish, I think prices have gone up a bit now as insurers get pricing back on track.

Only experience is the 370Z at Academy finals and that with no ABS was very hard to get wheels to lock, much more stable in braking than GT6 with no ABS as I expected. It is similar in a way braking wise as in this sim, link to telemtry of me (Used DFGT, no ABS or TCS) vs Fisichella: Link

The bad thing about GT5 brakes is you need to dial the BB to make it usable without ABS. If you find the brakes too easy to lock, lower the BB to around 3/1 or 5/2, I got used to brake at around half force ( red brake bar on HUD ) and modulate with that aim as max. It will be very hard at first with pedal :( I know several pedal/wheel GTP driver who does not use ABS, Morgoth_666 for example, he is faster than me on most TT. A good practice car is Lotus Elan S1 '62 in stock form, fit CH tires, bring it to Monza with chicane, set BB to 2/1 or 3/1, very fun to drive :D

EDIT : Almost forgot, 2.14 GT5 now has better no ABS brake implementation, I drove with no ABS since release day, so far PD has made improvement to the locking limit, now higher BB is a lot easier to modulate and locking up process is more gradual than before. I also found that I have to reduce rear brake force on most cars, I used to have 9/6 to 10/8 BB, now most cars have 9/4 or 9/3 BB, with old cars at 5/2 to 2/1 to simulate drum brakes performance - longer braking distance :)

Been using 3/2 with no abs. i can find my limit very easily to suit my braking distances an turn in, in the wet i increase brakes, to 4/3 to shorten stopping distant, Ti Tech uses 4&4 i have tried its harder but i have been faster with it, i guess it depends on pedals.

Nonsense. It's easy enough to get ensured on a parent/guardian's car. Much cheaper than getting insured as the main driver.

Where i live in Northern Ireland or in Northern Ireland as in general it is very dear for first time driver, am 23 now an going back when i was 17/18 for a 1.1 Corsa it was 2grand that was cheapest, since then insurance has never went down just up, everyone nearly drives as 3rd or 2nd driver, not everywhere in uk the same. we drive lowered alloys big exhausts an more than 10,000 miles lol. some guys i know turn off the clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back