Why GT sport doesn't support full VR on PS5?

• Thread starter Klik
  • 6 comments
Probably because the game was made for the PS4 and they haven't bothered (rightfully so) to recode the game for PS5?
I don't know, maybe a free PS5 enhancement would squeeze in some more sales and add a little more longetivity to GTS during the wait for GT7? An advertised enhancement of one of the PS4's prettiest games sounds pretty appealing. They should just improve small stuff though like a draw distance increase, unlocking limiters, allowing VR to be used anywhere, stuff like that (probably, idk game design) wouldn't take more resources than they make back.

Last edited:
I don't know, maybe a free PS5 enhancement would squeeze in some more sales and add a little more longetivity to GTS during the wait for GT7? An advertised enhancement of one of the PS4's prettiest games sounds pretty appealing. They should just improve small stuff though like a draw distance increase, unlocking limiters, allowing VR to be used anywhere, stuff like that (probably, idk game design) wouldn't take more resources than they make back.

Most people still can’t even get a PS5, how many more people is a free upgrade that PD would have to pay for, gonna bring to the game? Not many I don’t think.

Last edited:
Who knows how long into or after 2022 GT7 is going to be. GTS could use some spice that will keep current players interested and possibly interest new ones. A few million PS5s have already been sold with that number of course climbing; maybe that can do something for sales with an upgrade within that time frame.

Just hypothesizing idk

Can't get a ps5, can't get a psvr adapter for ps5 :/ But it would be awesome. Hopefully GT7 has full psvr 2.0 support.

PD isn't one to support their old versions when a new one is about to come out. Servers shut down only a few months after the next version launches. GTS support already dried up a year ago.

We know how when GT7 is coming out. Its 2022... more like Xmas 2022.

Its clear at this point they will only do minor BOP and sport changes until then so it limps along as a stopgap title until then. They arent interested in further sales... they already took in 10 mil. copies didnt they?

Back