Why I Just Can't Get Myself...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 24 comments
United States
U.S.A.
...to move on from GT6 and buy a PS4 and GT Sport. If only there wasn't so many unclean racers and crash dummies which does seem to ruin it for many clean drivers (like myself of course) according to the many threads of complaints in that department I've read. I would love to join in and teach some of those young bucks a lesson in the GT3 class, but I fear my favorite car the Audi R8 LMS '12 would always end up in the body shop even though it wasn't even raining.

Here's an idea 💡 ... why not when someone crashes (not a rub), put their car in the DQ back garage lot of the pits "almost "like in real life.

If your into clean racing give SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL ago in the CHALLENGE HUB.

Back to your topic,
It's a great idea, but there would need to be an official to dictate the rule since you would not be able to rely on people to do it by them self's.

Or if there was a real life damaged system.

Actually GT itself over the years contributed a bit imho to poor racing habits. What I mean is that many of the races and or tests and or missions etc over various versions encouraged in certain ways requiring one to drive a car like a maniac smashing your way to a gold finish versus rewarding class act driving... of course AI being in some of those past challenges I think were sometimes to aggressive when getting by rubber band smashing you in tail or break checking you into a collision... it happens cause after all it’s just a game.

...to move on from GT6 and buy a PS4 and GT Sport. If only there wasn't so many unclean racers and crash dummies which does seem to ruin it for many clean drivers (like myself of course) according to the many threads of complaints in that department I've read. I would love to join in and teach some of those young bucks a lesson in the GT3 class, but I fear my favorite car the Audi R8 LMS '12 would always end up in the body shop even though it wasn't even raining.

Here's an idea 💡 ... why not when someone crashes (not a rub), put their car in the DQ back garage lot of the pits "almost "like in real life.
To your 💡 that will not work, because how can a computer penalty system work out who is at fault in a 2 car crash in Sport Mode Races. The computer can not tell who is at fault, so if 2 cars have a slight collision both players get a penalty which is wrong.
The only way PD are going to fix unfair penalties is to bring in Ghosting, that is the only way.
If Sport Mode races had Ghosting when it comes to a collision between 2 players, I would bloody Enjoy Sports Mode races in GT Sport :).
I don't enjoy online racing when players ruin your race and I get penalize for doing the right thing, that is not racing.

I hear ya ford... but at the same time in a real race when two cars are heavily involved they both end up in the back yard pit... I don’t know if there is an answer actually and sadly the main reason I have not tried GTP out. The only thing I would consider are private lobbies with clean racers based on previous known performance or those here on GTP that have shown that ability over their tenor and appreciation for this great game we play.

I hear ya ford... but at the same time in a real race when two cars are heavily involved they both end up in the back yard pit... I don’t know if there is an answer actually and sadly the main reason I have not tried GTP out. The only thing I would consider are private lobbies with clean racers based on previous known performance or those here on GTP that have shown that ability over their tenor and appreciation for this great game we play.
In GT6, I liked and many others on my friends lists like the online Time Trials and the seasonal events and drifting events, and they where bloody fun.
If those that I mention where in Sport Mode, then players will have a variety events to choose from other than daily races, instead PD just make us to play online demolition derby.

If the space where to put ps4 and wheel and money to buy it aren't problem for you, why don't just buy ps4 and gts and find way to enjoy it. I remember since gt5 people complained about not clean drivers but for me it was always overreaction.. I was able to find clean races most of the time. Also collisions aren't always on purpose neither are all players good drivers. But if you look, these things happen in real life racing too so if that concerns you the most, I would get Gts.

If the space where to put ps4 and wheel and money to buy it aren't problem for you, why don't just buy ps4 and gts and find way to enjoy it. I remember since gt5 people complained about not clean drivers but for me it was always overreaction.. I was able to find clean races most of the time. Also collisions aren't always on purpose neither are all players good drivers. But if you look, these things happen in real life racing too so if that concerns you the most, I would get Gts.
In GT5 I did not do much racing online, but in GT6 I really did enjoy Racing online with other players. I hear so many players that play in Sport Mode and get hit by dive bombers that ruin your race and the penalty system is rubbish.

In real life Racing, the driver who causes the innocent gets penaliz, but in Sport Mode in GTS both players get a penalty which is wrong.

Do you really expect gts to be close to reality.. Or any other game in that matter.. If he talks about it, he wants to buy it.. You buy it to have fun.. To be honest, I live on 2 places and am investing in some other things and can't even afford ps4 and wheel or have place to put it. Otherwise I'd definitely play it.. Also you can try PC2 and AC and probably some other fun games on ps4 so I just wanted to say that if he has option to buy, why even think

Why I just can't get myself...to move on from GT6 and buy a PS4 and GT Sport. If only there wasn't so many unclean racers and crash dummies...

The answer is simple, do what I do; don't race in Sport Mode! There are plenty of user-created lobbies online, join a room called "CLEAN OR KICK!", or similar. If you find a hard but fair host who kicks out dirty drivers, & builds a following of clean racers, you'll fit right in. Then there's all the organised clean racing on here, such as SNAIL. I'll be setting up my own clean racing events soon as well, & won't ever be setting foot in Sport Mode. User-created lobbies can be both public & private, with the latter only being open to those on the friend's list of the host. They've added a lot more content to the offline modes via updates too, so there's much more to do than just Sport Mode.

Also, check out the Geezer Club, for GT Sport drivers who are 60 years old & over: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-geezer-club.359207/

👍

EDIT: I see you already checked them out way back in 2017...

Last edited:
VBR
I'll be setting up my own clean racing events soon as well, & won't ever be setting foot in Sport Mode.
Thinking of Sport Mode
Can I join your clean Racing event soon but it all depend on the world time difference ?, and I am still Rusty because I have not played GTS for a very long time, still enjoying GT5 & GT6 with a DS3 untill I get another Racing Rig.

Last edited:
Can I join your clean Racing event soon but it all depend on the world time difference ?, and I am still Rusty because I have not played GTS for a very long time...

You sure can! I'll help people sort out time differences in the OP (had an Aussie once who got up at 6 am Sunday morning to join us for Saturday night). I'm rusty too, & don't even know most of the new tracks in the game. When I'm up to speed, I'll let you know. We'll be racing road cars mainly, with Tuning Prohibited turned on, & on Sports tyres (until they fix the FFB bug then it'll be Comfort tyres again). There are no assists allowed in my lobbies apart from ABS, & the driving line is turned off. Also, penalties are off & there's no ghosting, so drivers are expected to be clean, competent, & conscientious. However, I try to strike a balance between racing for fun & racing hard, fast, & clean.

👍

VBR-I like what I'm hearing on clean racing and considering, but are you gonna expand some of the lobby races to include some of the real world better road cars and less powered race cars like those of the real world car classes such as the GT3 class etc ? Also I'm not sure what the FFB bug is as I don't own GTS, but would the pure stock races (which I'm all for) allow the cars to use tires that they initially come with on their original purchase ? Am I also correct to assume that many of the great road cars are hard sports tires and slower race cars are hard racing tires ? Heck, I don't know as my last research showed there isn't even any car washes or oil changes in GTS. Also online seems to have other problems of late as well such as connectivity and other researched problems I've read. I really like time attack challenges as I had once offered in GT5 and the Hub currently here on GT6 that I haven't joined yet cause I'm a little confused on the races and rules, but I really wish full videos of the entire races were required to rule out ridiculous shortcuts being taken, overall ugly racing if ya get my drift, and of course this... Check this link out which I just saw, wasn't aware of a Garage Editor type of thing being around for GT6... of course I could be all wrong... https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/gran-turismo-6/954622-gran-turismo-6-cfw-editor.html

Last edited:
I'll only run lobbies with N Class cars, I won't be using any of the race cars in the game. But, many other people run clean public lobbies & private leagues with them.

At the moment, the tyres in GT Sport don't work the same as the tyres in GT5 & GT6. I was very much up for putting the right tyre on the right car in GT5, & there was even a formula for it. The tyres in GT6 acted similar, except that CM tyres had the same grip as CS tyres etc in GT5. GT Sport keeps having updates that fiddle with the tyre model & physics, so the goalposts keep on moving. At the moment there's a horrible bug when using Comfort & Sports Hard tyres on road cars makes the wheel vibrate & go light on oversteer (link). The bug has been there since day one, but a recent update made it 10x worse. So, for now, I'll put whatever tyres on the car to make it less noticeable.

There's no way of telling what tyres should be on what car to make it more realistic, & the way that PD assigns tyres to cars has nothing whatsoever to do with the performance of their real-world counterparts. All I can say for now is that I won't be putting every car on Racing Softs! Will probably be using SH to SS all depending on how noticeable the bug is on each car. Hopefully, a new update will fix or at least minimise, the problem by the time I start hosting lobbies again.

Some people have connection problems in GT games, others do not. I know of some guys with lighting fast fibre whose connections are plagued with problems. I know other guys like myself who are still on ADSL & have almost zero issues. At the end of the day, it's a crapshoot really, & you won't know how your set up handles it until you try. Not raced online in GT Sport since the demo though...

VBR
You sure can! I'll help people sort out time differences in the OP (had an Aussie once who got up at 6 am Sunday morning to join us for Saturday night). I'm rusty too, & don't even know most of the new tracks in the game. When I'm up to speed, I'll let you know. We'll be racing road cars mainly, with Tuning Prohibited turned on, & on Sports tyres (until they fix the FFB bug then it'll be Comfort tyres again). There are no assists allowed in my lobbies apart from ABS, & the driving line is turned off. Also, penalties are off & there's no ghosting, so drivers are expected to be clean, competent, & conscientious. However, I try to strike a balance between racing for fun & racing hard, fast, & clean.

👍
Thanks VBR :cheers:.

Hey @2_FAST_4_U I was going to join the Hub in GT6 on my PS3, but it is hard now because my Elgato HD capture card does not work anymore. With the PS4 you don't need the Elgato HD capture card because the console does all that so you don't really need it.
If I join the Hub in GT6, I need to buy another Elgato HD capture card or a Phone to take picture or video.

That link about GT6 garage editor has been around for a couple of years now, and there is another one out there. In the Hub I thought you have to show the video of the whole race but @bjl23 knows more.

Last edited:
@fordlaser
You need to record whole race only for one event (racing school) . But you don't really have to participate in it. You don't need capture card for anything else (tbf no one even use capture card for that too, just record it with a phone). For other races, I'm sure that your phone has a camera to take a photo of a result (nothing else has to be provided).

@2_FAST_4_U
When it comes to online, clean racing was like "new" thing in Gt5 and I was also just looking for groups of people that race clean and it was fun. Now most of the people do race clean and wants to race, all sneaky moves are looked upon as dirty racing so I think it's the opposite than 10 years ago.. Now being obsessed with "clean" races just kills your fun and passion for the game and racing.. That's just my opinion.

@fordlaser
You need to record whole race only for one event (racing school) . But you don't really have to participate in it. You don't need capture card for anything else (tbf no one even use capture card for that too, just record it with a phone). For other races, I'm sure that your phone has a camera to take a photo of a result (nothing else has to be provided).
One day I will get phone with a camera on it :). I am going to buy another capture card because I really do like that device :).

One day I will get phone with a camera on it :). I am going to buy another capture card because I really do like that device :).

You cant take a photo with phone? I mean you can buy that kind of phone for literally few $... I feel you regarding capture card.. There's so many stuff I'd like to capture from my games.. I don't care if someone watches it(YT) but just for me..

You cant take a photo with phone? I mean you can buy that kind of phone for literally few $... I feel you regarding capture card.. There's so many stuff I'd like to capture from my games.. I don't care if someone watches it(YT) but just for me..
With a capture card you can take a perfect all the time and segments of the game :).

I hear you guys on the capture card. I'd like to find a good one also, but like nos mentioned I too have a older laptop running Vista and from my research it would require composite cable and not HD with that current system. With that said cel phones and connections thereof can be had dirt cheap now. I have a older reconditioned 6 series iPhone and shot this video up fairly close to the TV so I didn't have to use a tripod. Just gave myself plenty of wiggle room on the sides as to not show being so close up. Not perfect, but it didn't come out to bad, especially if I were to do time attack challenge stuff with full view etc. Video is NOT showboating, just an example of cel phone replay vid that can be done...

Last edited:
I hear you guys on the capture card. I'd like to find a good one also, but like nos mentioned I too have a older laptop running Vista and from my research it would require composite cable and not HD with that current system. With that said cel phones and connections thereof can be had dirt cheap now. I have a older reconditioned 6 series iPhone and shot this video up fairly close to the TV so I didn't have to use a tripod. Just gave myself plenty of wiggle room on the sides as to not show being so close up. Not perfect, but it didn't come out to bad, especially if I were to do time attack challenge stuff with full view etc. Video is NOT showboating, just an example of cel phone replay vid that can be done...

If your older laptop and it has a USB port, well you good to go. The thing I like about the Elgato HD capture card is you can watch the Simpsons and laugh, or do something else while you are recording your race on the capture card.

Last edited:
45.jpg
This is my Elgato HD capture card and I mention in my post that it does not work anymore, it was the HDMI cable that died. There is a new one that is better than the one I got its called the Elgato game capture HD60 External capture card, Google it for more information.

VBR
I'll only run lobbies with N Class cars, I won't be using any of the race cars in the game.

Well, I tried that & I didn't like it. The crazy brake oversteer issue & the vibration/lightness on oversteer bug with FFB wheels on road cars made it a miserable experience for me. So, I set up a Gr.4 lobby instead, & had an absolute blast. No issues with those cars. Had a DC from my lobby, but I think that was due to me choosing Fixed Host. Next time I'll set up a regular hosting style like I always used in GT5/6, & hopefully it won't happen again. Met two great racers as well, & added them to my friends list.

:)

Back