why is awd 10/90 frowned apon

lol.

Someday when you're better at drifting (in GT5) you'll think back to this post and give yourself a mental facepalm.

I'm no purist, i like sliding around in AWD vehicles. I love rally racing, but it requires more skill to drift RWD.

The reason people dont drift AWD in real life is because it requires massive power (to break traction in all 4 wheels) and is HELL on your drivetrain...which is expensive and a bitch to work on because it's an awd drivetrain.

Just FYI in real life my last car was a Celica GT4 and my current ride is a 350z. I've spent time sliding around in both cars under various conditions.

You just further my point. AWDs are harder to break traction, which is what drifting is in the first place. My whole post, which you seem to completely misunderstood, is pointing out how hard it is to make AWDs act close to RWDs.

Is it not ironic when people like you mention that RWDs are harder to drift, yet everybody out there is trying to make every AWDs act like RWDs? If you take it literally, that's like trying to make it harder to drift the car.

If you think AWDs are so easy, try the HKS EVO, and drift that thing properly.

And grow up. I can drift just fine and there's nothing mental about me. I know what I said (as do LR-SWD-007), and there's nothing to regret.

It seems kadoimmortal is the only person here that I can relate to. The way I see it is that it's best to master RWD drifting before you can drift AWDs (properly), because all the techniques you learned from initiating a RWD drift are more heavily emphasized in AWD drifts. The only thing easy about AWD is once you get the drift going... But even that is a process of its own because AWDs can't be drifted with stock settings like RWDs, otherwise the drift can't be held for very long.

I will also agree that tandems can be a mismatch with AWDs and RWDs, but there are some AWDs out there that "can" tandem with RWDs. The gripe I have with this whole thing is that AWDs must be an absolute ban. I'm also the type of person that don't care what device he/she is using or whatever advantage the other person has. If he/she can tandem with me and my friends just fine, he/she is welcome anytime. Competition is another thing.

You just further my point. AWDs are harder to break traction, which is what drifting is in the first place. My whole post, which you seem to completely misunderstood, is pointing out how hard it is to make AWDs act close to RWDs.

Is it not ironic when people like you mention that RWDs are harder to drift, yet everybody out there is trying to make every AWDs act like RWDs? If you take it literally, that's like trying to make it harder to drift the car.

If you think AWDs are so easy, try the HKS EVO, and drift that thing properly.

And grow up. I can drift just fine and there's nothing mental about me. I know what I said (as do LR-SWD-007), and there's nothing to regret.

It seems kadoimmortal is the only person here that I can relate to. The way I see it is that it's best to master RWD drifting before you can drift AWDs (properly), because all the techniques you learned from initiating a RWD drift are more heavily emphasized in AWD drifts. The only thing easy about AWD is once you get the drift going... But even that is a process of its own because AWDs can't be drifted with stock settings like RWDs, otherwise the drift can't be held for very long.

I will also agree that tandems can be a mismatch with AWDs and RWDs, but there are some AWDs out there that "can" tandem with RWDs. The gripe I have with this whole thing is that AWDs must be an absolute ban. I'm also the type of person that don't care what device he/she is using or whatever advantage the other person has. If he/she can tandem with me and my friends just fine, he/she is welcome anytime. Competition is another thing.

There is no need to rant the basic summary is ***** 10/90 split is still AWD *******which is NOT the proper drift layout of FR. I am a Purist, but hey try to drift what you want to. It is just a game mate. ALL drift comps are FR layout though, you might want to consider that.

Last edited:
There is no need to rant the basic summary is 10/90 split is still not AWD which is NOT the proper drift layout of FR. I am a Purist, but hey try to drift what you want to. It is just a game mate. ALL drift comps are FR layout though, you might want to consider that.

How naive you are to think that all drift comps are RWD in GT5 and that this is the end all be all of websites for GT. There is a big world out there and most of the GT players around the world don't put limits on what can and cannot be drifted. The only thing the words "drift purist" mean to me is some one who has limited their skill to RWD cars. I refuse to allow anyone to put limits on what I can and cannot do that goes for RL as well as a video game.

And this by your standards should be drift blasphemy...

You know somehow this is turning to a "IMO" thread and we do have other AWD topics that probably contain the same thing. If people can't accept it then why is it possible "in-game"? It would be cool to drift an AWD smooth like a FR without too much power in real life though it would cost tons of money. So people do it in game. If someone found out a way to drift the GO-karts that will be AWESOME though some people won't want it in their lobbies.

Last edited:
There's lot's of opinions on here, so here are some facts.

In real life 4wd is not allowed in any real drifting competition, for many valid reasons that I'm not going to go into, as I've already made a reply regarding this.

In GT5 you can drift what you want, just don't be suprised if you're kicked out of rooms that people want to keep RWD only.

Hopefully they will add filters for this in future and people will avoid this situation.

There's lot's of opinions on here, so here are some facts.

In real life 4wd is not allowed in any real drifting competition, for many valid reasons that I'm not going to go into, as I've already made a reply regarding this.

In GT5 you can drift what you want, just don't be suprised if you're kicked out of rooms that people want to keep RWD only.

Hopefully they will add filters for this in future and people will avoid this situation.

THANK YOU. I got called naive for saying something similar, but somebody (no name) did not want to be willing to listen to others opinions.

How naive you are to think that all drift comps are RWD in GT5 and that this is the end all be all of websites for GT. There is a big world out there and most of the GT players around the world don't put limits on what can and cannot be drifted. The only thing the words "drift purist" mean to me is some one who has limited their skill to RWD cars. I refuse to allow anyone to put limits on what I can and cannot do that goes for RL as well as a video game.

And this by your standards should be drift blasphemy...

I said in drift comps are always FR in GT5, unless you want to start the first that is not. IRL AWD/4WD drifting cars are not allowed so where is your point exactly m8? Yes i am a purist believing that FR cars are the only proper drift cars are the others sure , but i just dont care for them

I said in drift comps are always FR in GT5, unless you want to start the first that is not. IRL AWD/4WD drifting cars are not allowed so where is your point exactly m8? Yes i am a purist believing that FR cars are the only proper drift cars are the others sure , but i just don't care for them.

Last time I checked this was a gaming forum which implies that we are talking about a game. I am fully aware of the RL rules for D1 and other American drifting series. My point is that there are those that wish to drift (yea I said it!) AWD cars in this game and therefore, furthermore, heretofore, be allowed to do so free from ridicule. All I am asking is for the everyone to be civil about the whole thing, I mean what is the big deal anyway. We are all here to have fun right? Soooo... maybe some of us find it fun drifting a Veyron at Cape Ring around the Toilet bowl, hey don't knock it till you try it m8 :)

Don't get me wrong man, If you ever see me drifting online it will be a RWD vehicle 98% of the time. I know the rules and etiquette for drifting in online rooms and will happily follow them. But for that 2% of the time a good AWD drift session is a great way to break the monotony of RWD cars all the time.

Last edited:
Interesting,

I only drift in gt5 and race to fund it, I noticed people enforcing RWD only drifting in there lounge names and kicking from in there lounges and my first thought was why?

In general its accepted its a piece of piss to drift 4WD/AWD and I agree but to outright ban/outlaw, it would be... hmm, pointless, weird, elitist, selfish among other things.

So why?

To me the 10/90 torque split added a bunch more cars I can drift with including a cool van, Honda odyssey or some **** and a few estates one with a RB26DETT heh.

My fav cars to drift are Supra, Toms Chaser all things 2JZ-GTE tbh, AEM S2K, NSX-R but I do like to have fun now and again, I thought everyone playing the game did...

Just my 2pence.
👍

I dont see why there is even an argument about this. AWD is not drifting end of it. Saying otherwise probably means you dont know what youre talking about or are just ignorant.

^Just a heads up for the newbs on this forum...this guy knows way more then the rest of you on this forum, any questions, difficult or easy send his way and he will answer them CORRECTLY, even if you think you have the right answer, it isn't the right answer until ^this^ guy confirms it, until them the rest of us need to hold are breath until he gives us permission to breath again

Last edited:
Interesting,

I only drift in gt5 and race to fund it, I noticed people enforcing RWD only drifting in there lounge names and kicking from in there lounges and my first thought was why?

In general its accepted its a piece of piss to drift 4WD/AWD and I agree but to outright ban/outlaw, it would be... hmm, pointless, weird, elitist, selfish among other things.

So why?

To me the 10/90 torque split added a bunch more cars I can drift with including a cool van, Honda odyssey or some 🤬 and a few estates one with a RB26DETT heh.

My fav cars to drift are Supra, Toms Chaser all things 2JZ-GTE tbh, AEM S2K, NSX-R but I do like to have fun now and again, I thought everyone playing the game did...

Just my 2pence.
👍
You might as well just write the word out...though as a friendly reminder
AUP
You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.
Luckily, Forza has the RWD class online. Though I don't go to it..

Last edited:
In the game, the description for the VCD says you can set it in intervals of 50-50 OR 0-100. The description isn't right.

blah blah blah 2cents
Don't correct things that aren't incorrect please, you aren't a moderator. I think you'll find the english phrase 'my 2 pence' was around LONG before you americans decided to change it to 'my 2 cents'. Why? Because a 'Tuppence' (value 2p) was a coin in circulation in England in the pre-decimal system.

Don't correct things that aren't incorrect please, you aren't a moderator. I think you'll find the english phrase 'my 2 pence' was around LONG before you americans decided to change it to 'my 2 cents'.

I never knew that about "my 2 pence". I always heard about "2 cents"

so if i read this right

awd
-more angle
-faster 'drifts'
-less easy to spin

fr
-less angle
-slower 'drifts'
-easier to spin

playing devils advocate for a second,
why would anyone want to 'drift' a obviously inferior FR car ?

''hey I'm an awesome drifter with my 220hp zilvia, i don't drift awd cause they are not 'legitimate', the way awd's mechanically spin the front tires and %10 of the power moves the wrong wheels, and I still think I'm above drifting an awd, I like doing 24mph drifts in my zilvia when the awd pass me sideways at 75mph i kick them out of the lobby'' - quote by any awesome at complaining virtural gaming drifter elitist

since were getting so technical about %10 here and there, drifting in a video simulation is not 'legitimate' either, drifting in real life would be considered 'legitimate', as in taking your car in the driveway to a track, paying $75 to signing your life away and going and finding out what 'legitimate drifting' it is about

omg **** em up dude. that's as right as it gets. to me, this big argument, or whatever you want to call it, is as dumb as saying, "you use something besides an AR in gta5 so you suck". it's pitiful. it's a damn game, this IS NOT a competition, wtf.
games were made for us to have fun, not sick here and say somebody isn't as good because they use a certain type of car. for all you know, that person could be an absolute beast at FR drifting, and just want a break for a while. maybe he wants to speed drift around a massive corner with his buds without worrying about messing up, who knows. but know this Elitists, we are equal to you no matter what the hell we drive. it's not your choice, and you have no say as to what we drive. if it's really a big competition to you, then you need to take a step back, and know that it's just a game. also, if calling us inferior is what really keeps you going throughout the day, knowing or thinking that you're "better" than someone else on a VIDEO GAME, then you have major problems. it sucks how A LOT of people have those major problems now a days. well, there's my 2 cents.

omg **** em up dude. that's as right as it gets. to me, this big argument, or whatever you want to call it, is as dumb as saying, "you use something besides an AR in gta5 so you suck". it's pitiful. it's a damn game, this IS NOT a competition, wtf.
games were made for us to have fun, not sick here and say somebody isn't as good because they use a certain type of car. for all you know, that person could be an absolute beast at FR drifting, and just want a break for a while. maybe he wants to speed drift around a massive corner with his buds without worrying about messing up, who knows. but know this Elitists, we are equal to you no matter what the hell we drive. it's not your choice, and you have no say as to what we drive. if it's really a big competition to you, then you need to take a step back, and know that it's just a game. also, if calling us inferior is what really keeps you going throughout the day, knowing or thinking that you're "better" than someone else on a VIDEO GAME, then you have major problems. it sucks how A LOT of people have those major problems now a days. well, there's my 2 cents.

This debate's about 5 years dead, dude.

oh yeah. (seperate thought.)
do you people on here think everyone looks at the dates, and times of when the topic was last active before they post a comment? if i can comment, and i want to, i will. there's nothing wrong with that.

oh yeah. (seperate thought.)
do you people on here think everyone looks at the dates, and times of when the topic was last active before they post a comment? if i can comment, and i want to, i will. there's nothing wrong with that.
Holy crap just listen to what people tell you. Or we can bring up the AUP with a mod if this keeps going, because server costs are high as it is.

Holy crap just listen to what people tell you. Or we can bring up the AUP with a mod if this keeps going, because server costs are high as it is.
shouldn't the moderators be able to close threads after they aren't active for a certain period of time? if not then that's a change that should happen.

Back