Why is the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 so terrible?

• Thread starter Jezston
  • 85 comments
sorry just checked my tuning its tcs-2 sorry

this is my setup check it out if you want

Suspenison-10.1/11.2
Ride Height-57/57
Shock Bound-5/5
Shock Rebound-6/6
Camber Angle-1.9/2.3
Stabilizers-3/4

Brakes-9/9

Downforce-24/34
LSD-28/34/26

I just found this topic, and I feel obliged to say that I didn't make that setup. I did, however, slightly tweak it, because the original topped out at about 260km/h.

Yes, I do realize that I'm bumping a 2 month old topic.

With no assists on and with gearing set to top out at around 240mph I have to give it 35% in 1st, 50% in 2nd, 65% in 3rd and 90% in 4th with throttle control.

Pardon me for reviving a dead topic, but the Speed 12 is one of my favorite cars in the game. In a little competition I had with Igni, I was able to lap Sarthe I in 3:17.XXX with it. There's just something about taming that beast that makes it appealing to me.

I hate the wheelspin :grumpy: Along with that, I find the handling so bad that it was almost impossible to win some Supercar Festival races with this beast.

Still it's good for some tracks that require speed... and as little braking as possible, 'cause this thing does it even worse than the Cien :scared:

I hate the wheelspin :grumpy: Along with that, I find the handling so bad that it was almost impossible to win some Supercar Festival races with this beast.

Still it's good for some tracks that require speed... and as little braking as possible, 'cause this thing does it even worse than the Cien :scared:

In order for you to rein in the Speed 12, you have to drop LSD.:dopey:

Honestly, the car needs some major limited slip differential tuning to make it go fast in the right way. The car tends to suffer from massive UNDERsteer, and dropping the LDS-Decel and LSD-IT can help immensely. You will need to keep the accel side higher, but you still need to drop it a bit to keep the tires planted when you rocket out of various corners.

Another thing that (in my experience) can aid with keeping this car on the road is soft spring rates. The car is a featherweight compared to others in its class at only 1020kg. It doesn't need stiff spring settings. In fact, because it is so light, it can benefit from a little more body motion (specifically forward under braking) to keep dynamic weight shifted to the wheels in action. Making springs too stiff can also cause some undesirable twitch-factors in high-speed driving. Keep it light and high.

EDIT: *facepalm* I was an idiot and put OVER instead of UNDERsteer. This car UNDERSTEERS very badly. Dropping LSD-Decel will help a whole lot to make the car turn and keeping LSD-Accel around 20-30 will get the wheels to hook up without letting it snap around too bad.

Last edited:
I agree dude...the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is an untamed beast...I mean the amount of wheelspin is outrageous...It is still very fast, it's good at what it does which is, as it's name implies, speed...As earlier stated, "It has too much power, and too little weight." FR setup on something like that is a recipe for disaster...perhaps adjusting the weight balance...frony, abd rear weight distribution, and ballast...IDK...haven't had the patience with the car...

I agree dude...the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is an untamed beast...I mean the amount of wheelspin is outrageous...It is still very fast, it's good at what it does which is, as it's name implies, speed...As earlier stated, "It has too much power, and too little weight." FR setup on something like that is a recipe for disaster...perhaps adjusting the weight balance...frony, abd rear weight distribution, and ballast...IDK...haven't had the patience with the car...

Sarthe I
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00
3'17.383
Normal
R5
Extreme
1136hp
Flynn77

Nurburgring
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00
6:07.263
Normal
R5
Extreme
1136hp
Flynn77

*clears throat*

Brodie, I'd strongly urge you to take another look at the Speed 12. Try driving it with your LSD setup thus: 18/28/8. Also, I know it looks stupid, but put a wing on it and watch your times REALLY drop. As you've said, it's a lightweight FR, which means that it's gonna be a booger to control. However, with some downforce in the right places, it really can benefit. I used to love the W12 Nardo Concept, but now the Speed 12 is supplanting its place as my 2nd favorite supercar (behind the GT).

As Flynn has pointed out, it can be a very rewarding experience, if it is tamed.

Last edited:
I think its a badass car and like driving it, I just like the FGT a lot more then everything else in the game. I will post my setup some other time.

Brodie, I'd strongly urge you to take another look at the Speed 12. Try driving it with your LSD setup thus: 18/28/8. Also, I know it looks stupid, but put a wing on it and watch your times REALLY drop. As you've said, it's a lightweight FR, which means that it's gonna be a booger to control. However, with some downforce in the right places, it really can benefit. I used to love the W12 Nardo Concept, but now the Speed 12 is supplanting its place as my 2[sup]nd[/sup] favorite supercar (behind the GT).

As Flynn has pointed out, it can be a very rewarding experience, if it is tamed.

You should run full downforce on all your cars first unless its for top speed only. 99% of #1 times on all the fm games were run with full downforce front and rear. I dont think its any different on any other sim racers.

As I understand it, if the accel diff is set to 28 it means the inside tire will accelerate a little less then half as fast as the outside tire. I think thats to much, I think a setting of 20 a 1/3rd ratio is better for the accel diff and I think the decel diff should also be 20. If the car oversteers when exiting turns a setting lower then 20 maby 10 should help. The 18 IT setting is good and changing the diffs to these settings will help a lot they wont solve all your oversteer problems completely. The susension settings is where you can solve a lot of your oversteer problems but a bad diff can really hurt a good suspension setup.

I will post my speed 12 setup later.

Last edited:
With race cars, yes: full downforce will be better. However, with production cars with an added wing, full downforce front and back can potentially have a detrimental effect. It can amplify a preexistent balance issue, like was the case with the Stratos. That required a very SPECIFIC downforce setting.

Also, I personally run the car with a diff setup of 5/25/10, but I suggested something that was more neutral, yet with higher bite for the accel side. If you want to make your car understeer more, turn up the decel side. If you want it to turn faster, turn down the decel side. Season the rest to flavor.

If you've read the entirety of the thread, you'll see that I've spent a lot of time with this car, and I've learned quite a bit about taming it. When the suspension is as finely tuned as it can be, the LSD can dial in that last little bit of missing performance.

Lastly, as much as I hate to admit it, TCS may be an absolute necessity for this machine. Try as I might, I have to use 25% throttle up to 3rd gear to keep the tires from smoking. It may be absolutely required to keep this thing drivable.

The TVR Speed 12 is not terrible you have to learn how to drive it and it takes time tuning it does help make it more easier to drive and soft racing tyres help.

I agree tat it sucks. Massive wheelspin, low speed compared to the power it makes (but then i has some downfore so..), bad front grip, with a huge tendency to lift the front at high speeds... Even making it a hybrid I had trouble making a race car out of it.

I remember the Speed 12 being quite poo on the handling front; very heavy and prone to under-steer. And whilst it was mighty quick in a straight line, the massive amount of front end lift made thinks difficult to control, as I found out way back when I took my fully tuned Speed 12 down the Mulsanne straight at the 'Sarthe :lol:.

This got me thinking...how would the Speed 12 handle if it was 4WD? Hell, it could be a good rally car as long as the ride height and suspension would be worked with :D

Not so much tbh. Massive wheel spin because the engine is torque-y. From experience driving the Escudo vs standard Rally Cars, there's not much difference in speed apart from the rare occasions where you can go fast. I remember using the Impreza Super Touring Car to win all the Rally events (because it's sooooooooo logical that a Touring Car can use dirt tires right?)

To be fair, as mad as it is in theory, putting dirt tyres on non-rallying race cars was one of the things I loved. Remember using my fully tuned Team Phoenix Astra for some of the rally events on GT3, was a blast on dirt. Was either that or my bonkers fully tuned RUF RGT :lol:.

Besides GT5... GT4 is my all time favorite. Had a blast doing many a rally event. Here's some of my fav rally cars from GT4 that I still have in my garage... oops and of course my very fast well tuned "special color" TVR

10-TVR CERBERA SPEED 12 (CHAMELEON).jpg
to stay on topic...

Attachments

• RACE 75.JPG
    RACE 75.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 76.JPG
    RACE 76.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 84.JPG
    RACE 84.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 86.1.jpg
    RACE 86.1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 91.JPG
    RACE 91.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 94.JPG
    RACE 94.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 100.JPG
    RACE 100.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 102.jpg
    RACE 102.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 105.JPG
    RACE 105.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 107.JPG
    RACE 107.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 110.JPG
    RACE 110.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 113.JPG
    RACE 113.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 115.JPG
    RACE 115.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 117.jpg
    RACE 117.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 118.JPG
    RACE 118.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 119.JPG
    RACE 119.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 122.JPG
    RACE 122.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 123.JPG
    RACE 123.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 126.JPG
    RACE 126.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 127.JPG
    RACE 127.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 128.JPG
    RACE 128.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 130.JPG
    RACE 130.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 131.JPG
    RACE 131.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 132.JPG
    RACE 132.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 133.JPG
    RACE 133.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 134.JPG
    RACE 134.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 135.JPG
    RACE 135.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 136.1.jpg
    RACE 136.1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 137.JPG
    RACE 137.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 139.JPG
    RACE 139.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 140.JPG
    RACE 140.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 141.JPG
    RACE 141.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 148.JPG
    RACE 148.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • RACE 149.JPG
    RACE 149.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 10
  • RACE 150.JPG
    RACE 150.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RALLY TRUCK 4X4.JPG
    RALLY TRUCK 4X4.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It's actually really good with the right in game and physical set-up. All you need is proper tuning and settings and a good quality steering wheel set-up going on. I remember taming this car to do great lap times even on the Nurb back in the day with my G25.

It's actually really good with the right in game and physical set-up. All you need is proper tuning and settings and a good quality steering wheel set-up going on. I remember taming this car to do great lap times even on the Nurb back in the day with my G25.

It Drives very well in Toca Race Driver.

With the proper settings the speed 12 is the second fastest road car on RSS tyres.my advice if your having trouble with the wheel spin put a lot of weight at the back just a thought.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back