Why isnt HTML accepted?

  • Thread starter Thread starter troy
  • 24 comments
  • 939 views

troy

(Banned)
Messages
4,664
I was just wondering why isnt HTML accepted? I would like if it was...
 
Yes, I'm sure you would, but it's just not safe. Anyone who knows what they're doing could easily wreck havoc on the board by loading applets and other foul formatting into their message.
 
Or they could show up Jordan's HTML skillz, and we all know he doesn't like competition ... woooo! (:

~LoudMusic
 
:lol: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
 
it's a good idea to have HTML disabled. It can get very confusing.
 
yea.....too bad, dont u think you could disable java applets/scripts on this forum (unless u have some on use now)

then HTML may have a future here. What else could they do..well alot i guess..music, pop-ups, messing the design in the threads...so..i dunno
 
What the hell do you need HTML in a message board post for?
 
do u know HTML, apparently not...you can make awesome layouts for gt3 settings and stuff (you cant put triple or doulbe space between words..with html u can) with tables and HTML is just cool...for those you have learned a majority of it.
 
Yes, you can do alot with it can't you...
 
Could you imagine the chaos if HTML were accepted? :eek:
 
It would be total anarchy! :D
 
such as?...think about it, how many ppl here actually know anything about html, let alone could make pop-ups and what not.
 
i think we should give it a whirl, but if anything happens, then just disable it.
 
No, I'm sorry. HTML will not be enabled.
 
Originally posted by f094h
do u know HTML, apparently not...you can make awesome layouts for gt3 settings and stuff (you cant put triple or doulbe space between words..with html u can) with tables and HTML is just cool...for those you have learned a majority of it.

Yeah, a simple markup language. Nothing fancy. Who doesn't know it?

THere is just no need for it on a message board. If you need a fancy layout just make a webpage.
 
Originally posted by f094h
such as?...think about it, how many ppl here actually know anything about html, let alone could make pop-ups and what not.

I think many people know about HTML as it isn't some ubergeek terminology. I'm sure my grandmother knows about it.
 
Alright..so me something u made with HTML..or maybe what your grandmother made.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I don't make anything in HTML. HTML is for sissies.
:lol:
 
HTML makes the world go round...;)
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I don't make anything in HTML. HTML is for sissies.
What do u use....
 
Back