Why Isn't The NEW Track Zahara de la Sierra Out Yet?Addressed 

United States
United States
carracerptp
new-gt6-track-1-638x358.jpg

Featured in:
https://www.gtplanet.net/new-track-vision-gt-x2014-discussed-at-taipei-game-show/
https://www.gtplanet.net/new-gran-turismo-6-track-revealed-in-live-stream-event/

EDIT:

And here is some video!

This was a big deal to the community and it seems to have been forgotten. I really hope it still makes it in GT6.

Last edited:
It even had a release time frame... I would really appreciate that when PD says or promises something, to tell us if that feature/add-on won't make it to the game for any reason.

It even had a release time frame... I would really appreciate that when PD says or promises something, to tell us if that feature/add-on won't make it to the game for any reason.
But remember it was all botched because PD couldn't show up themselves and sent a rep from Sony (last I recall so don't quote me on it) which had to spew out info to Jordan...

The man looked quite nervous too when I watched it..

I'm curious about the layout to. I know in the forums we were trying to map it. There was speculation about it being a point-to-point, though we all kind of agreed that we hoped it would run around the lack and detour off into like 3 of the cities so that it would be reminiscent of the Targa Florio or Mille Miglia. I don't know of that should be its own question or just a comment thrown in here?

The original plan was to release a "teaser" track showing off what the creator can do, then release the feature later.

Whether this track is that teaser track or not, who knows.

I do hope we don't have to wait even longer after they finally pull this one out of their 🤬 though.

I "liked" this, but I'm of the opinion that this track will likely be pretty useless. Cape Ring and Matterhorn were both huge letdowns and are basically useless for anything besides casual cruising. I can see from the video above that this mythical track has at least one jump in it, so I can't imagine I'd use it for any serious league/club racing.

I "liked" this, but I'm of the opinion that this track will likely be pretty useless. Cape Ring and Matterhorn were both huge letdowns and are basically useless for anything besides casual cruising. I can see from the video above that this mythical track has at least one jump in it, so I can't imagine I'd use it for any serious league/club racing.

Cape Ring is a very serious track, I love it... I raced a lot on that track & it is very technical. Now Matterhorn is very dangerous on half of the corners & the highest elevation, if you race on that track, your opponents have to know the track & must have enough experiance on it and race as clean as possible so there will be no accidents, otherwise is like a pack of wolfs fighting for food. Matterhorn is not about speed, it is about being technical.

Cape Ring is a very serious track, I love it... I raced a lot on that track & it is very technical. Now Matterhorn is very dangerous on half of the corners & the highest elevation, if you race on that track, your opponents have to know the track & must have enough experiance on it and race as clean as possible so there will be no accidents, otherwise is like a pack of wolfs fighting for food. Matterhorn is not about speed, it is about being technical.

I'm sure some people like it, and I'm only speaking for my self, but personally I can't take a track that has a lateral loop-de-loop and a huge jump seriously. If they did away with those two elements I would actually like the track. But with those two elements I don't ever race there.

Matterhorn is all about blind crests and having the track turn while you're airborne and can't turn. It should be called Murderhorn.

Again, just my opinions, your results may vary.

Indeed. I love racing on those tracks since they aren't just about straight line speed.

I'm curious as to why this track is seemingly stuck in development hell. o.o

I'm sure some people like it, and I'm only speaking for my self, but personally I can't take a track that has a lateral loop-de-loop and a huge jump seriously. If they did away with those two elements I would actually like the track. But with those two elements I don't ever race there.

Matterhorn is all about blind crests and having the track turn while you're airborne and can't turn. It should be called Murderhorn.

Again, just my opinions, your results may vary.
Cape Ring's jump is rather big in my opinion. The jump in Nurburgring's downhill section is much more subtle, and sensible.

About blind crests: The ones on the complex string were kinda interesting. They weren't so abrupt that the test vehicle would jump, but it seemed that you would lose a -lot- of turning ability.

I like Matterhorn but only in slow cars, I just wish it was about twice as long. Cape Ring on the other hand as never felt right, the jump feels too much like a jump.

Tracks like Eiger Nordwand and Nürburgring have jumps but they feel "natural".

I hope this track feels like a public road ( narrow ), great for just "fun" races.

Really? I was thought Zahara was meant to be a fixed circuit. If it was just a course maker region, they wouldn't have been able to promote it as being ~27km long, since the length would be random for every course generated.

One idea I have is that when people saw the new track and said they thought it had just been randomly generated by a course maker, this was interpeted as "bad" feedback and the course was sent back to the drawing board.

Even though my first impression was that the track came out of the course maker, it's really hard to say exactly what made it seem that way. Maybe it was the extreme smoothness of the track and the video, or the apparent lack of corner variety (it seemed to be all gentle curves, nothing tight or technical, no abrupt changes in turn radius). Upon looking at it more closely, I think it IS better than what the old course maker could possibly have produced. O.o

Could probably give the question a less confrontational wording: "What happened to Zahara de la Sierra?"

Yeah , this was a pretty bad "egg on face" moment that the first 2-3 months of 2015 were filled with...

But, hey, this forum is AWESOME, so I hope this question gets some attention!

I didn't vote for this because I want other 4 questions to be answered. But of course I want this track in GT6... and somehow I think PD will give it to us soon. It was supposed to be in Feb or March... We are almost in June.

Really? I was thought Zahara was meant to be a fixed circuit. If it was just a course maker region, they wouldn't have been able to promote it as being ~27km long, since the length would be random for every course generated.

One idea I have is that when people saw the new track and said they thought it had just been randomly generated by a course maker, this was interpeted as "bad" feedback and the course was sent back to the drawing board.

Even though my first impression was that the track came out of the course maker, it's really hard to say exactly what made it seem that way. Maybe it was the extreme smoothness of the track and the video, or the apparent lack of corner variety (it seemed to be all gentle curves, nothing tight or technical, no abrupt changes in turn radius). Upon looking at it more closely, I think it IS better than what the old course maker could possibly have produced. O.o

Could probably give the question a less confrontational wording: "What happened to Zahara de la Sierra?"

Toscana Rally, featured in GT6, is a course maker GT5 track, but it has a fixed version.
But that theory of the bad feedback looks good too.

Back