Why Isn't The NEW Track Zahara de la Sierra Out Yet?Addressed 

I didn't vote for it either, because Zahara obviously isn't ready yet, or Course Maker II. Otherwise they would have mentioned that it's coming soon.

Of course I want it, but only when it's working right.

I didn't vote for it either, because Zahara obviously isn't ready yet, or Course Maker II. Otherwise they would have mentioned that it's coming soon.

That's the point of this question, I believe. It isn't ready, of course, but a few hundred people want to know why it isn't ready. Knowing that would help me relax a lot about this situation.

For me it's not a case of, "GIMME GIMME GIMME EVEN IF IT ISN'T READY!" I don't know about others, though. :lol:

Exactly, the whole point of this Q&A is to get answers and updates on things that up to now PD have gone quiet about. We want to know exactly where we stand.

Yes, but in this case it should be pretty obvious that PD are trying to squeeze a huge area into whatever ram is available in PS3 and getting it to stream efficiently, while having all the other features running and not having SPU data collisions, resulting in crashes. So rather than "Why isn't it out yet?" I'd rather this question get folded into the overall Course Maker question, because Kaz has mentioned that the two are rather closely linked. Or at least pose it more along the lines of "Do you have some idea when Zahara will be available?"

Yes, but in this case it should be pretty obvious that PD are trying to squeeze a huge area into whatever ram is available in PS3 and getting it to stream efficiently, while having all the other features running and not having SPU data collisions, resulting in crashes. So rather than "Why isn't it out yet?" I'd rather this question get folded into the overall Course Maker question, because Kaz has mentioned that the two are rather closely linked. Or at least pose it more along the lines of "Do you have some idea when Zahara will be available?"
Do you have a link to Kaz saying the two are tied together? Also, why have teasers showing tracks that they aren't 100% certain they can get to work with the current hardware?

Unless I missed an interview, I don't recall Kaz ever saying that. It is a rumor that has been passed around.

Meh, turns out that it's in the thread discussing Zahara, and someone mentioned that it was a teaser for the Course Maker which would be released later. And now I can't remember if it was a mod or one of us civilians.

Sorry, I'm suffering a dizzy spell today and I'm getting increasingly loopy. Can't even race right now. :P

Should it be obvious? Nobody has told us that, have they? You're just assuming that is what's going on. Many of us would like to hear facts from Kaz, not assumptions.

I'm sure some people like it, and I'm only speaking for my self, but personally I can't take a track that has a lateral loop-de-loop and a huge jump seriously. If they did away with those two elements I would actually like the track. But with those two elements I don't ever race there.

Matterhorn is all about blind crests and having the track turn while you're airborne and can't turn. It should be called Murderhorn.

Again, just my opinions, your results may vary.
how about trying to slow down/brake before entering said track parts? lol

Easier said than done to be fair, the braking points on the Matterhorn courses are completely different to any other circuit. For the uphill corners all you only have to tap the brakes about five meters before the corner and you've lost all momentum, and for the downhill corners you have to slam the brakes on about a third of the way down the straight.

Doesn't much matter what I do when I have a pack of other cars around me that may or may not brake for those parts, and may or may not collect me in a crash

@Samus is right. This is like...the best possible reason to ask a question in a Q&A. We want to know when they will be ready or if they will at all! Abstaining from asking these questions because we haven't heard anything is just...:confused:

^Especially because it missed a release window in February. It's unlikely to just be running a little late. More likely that it hit some major roadblock that we're curious about.

Probably will be a great track to just cruise on, Hopefully they are keeping it back to maybe possibly release with Course Maker?

That's been my guess from the beginning. The buzz right before they gave us the sneak peak at the track itself (correct me if I'm wrong) was that it would be a track larger than the Nordschleife and that it had something to do with the course creator. Then we go the video and it looked pretty amazing.

why have teasers showing tracks that they aren't 100% certain they can get to work

Teasers are just that. TEASERS. It gets people talking. Showing what may come soon or down the road. Will we get it? Is it for GT6 or GT7? Is it connected to the course maker? Will the course maker be better? On and on if they do it right. Seems to me like they did!

We should be more patient because they need to make a 27km track with new textures and grpahics, 27km is not short.
If it wasn't finished they shouldn't have shown it of. Also, nobody forced them to make it that long.

Teasers are just that. TEASERS. It gets people talking. Showing what may come soon or down the road. Will we get it? Is it for GT6 or GT7? Is it connected to the course maker? Will the course maker be better? On and on if they do it right. Seems to me like they did!
It gets people talking alright. Talking about why it was teased 6 months ago and it's not released yet. This is a track in a videogame, not a new iPhone or 4D 8k television set. You tease stuff to create hype and drive interest in the game. Hype by definition is intensive but short-lived. Days or weeks, not half a year. Whatever hype you create evaporates quickly if you don't deliver and worse, don't say anything about it.

It gets people talking alright. Talking about why it was teased 6 months ago and it's not released yet. This is a track in a videogame, not a new iPhone or 4D 8k television set. You tease stuff to create hype and drive interest in the game. Hype by definition is intensive but short-lived. Days or weeks, not half a year. Whatever hype you create evaporates quickly if you don't deliver and worse, don't say anything about it.

They have that now? I just got color last year.

Still, it's not like this was pulled out of a bigger trailer. This track was the news. They really need to start doing stuff more like the Red Bull Ring. Quick hype, then playing it the next day or week.

A company with hundreds of employees would have a recent backup, so it's no big deal if someone's hand slips and they hit the delete button.

How about this crazy theory: Maybe after completing the circuit, or shortly before completing it, they realised that the file size was too big to ask players to download it in one hit. So... They decided to smuggle part of it in the next 10-20 patches. xD

Back