Why Kaz needs to go...

Do you think Kaz should retire from GT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy sweet jesus...I can't even...I just can't...The drama...the awful soap opera drama...

Edit: I'm sorry, didn't you say you got rid of GT6? Moments after saying you completed the new seasonal events if I remember correctly...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/three-new-seasonals-thats-it.305121/

The Op, and then post #13...
Yes i got rid of gt6. So I guess you have me confused with someone else. Because I don't play this silly game anymore. However, seeing you can't distinguish between the members who post and who plays this game and who don't, my suggestion to you is to crawl back under your rock and zip it

I don't think PCARS looks life-like at all, if anything, they've gone way too far with their lightning and motion effects. PCARS is really just being hyped so much not because of the game itself but because of the concept of a community assisted game and because the other 2 big franchises are stuck, GT just sucking hard on all fronts and Forza not going forward enough to really stand out.

I think PCARS will be a great refresh for everybody but I don't expect it to do anything for the genre.
What you mean with "don't expect it to do anything for the genre."
Not every one need another Accademy competition to enjoy a racing game.
Some people just want a GT1/2/3/E class racer with decent physics, decent rules, decent AI, decent damage, livery editor, and a huge career mode about racing.
You can keep the effin moon rover and all the other troll cars for yourself.

@eran0004
I am starting to really fancy your condescending tone. Keep up the good work!

I'll make sure to call you next time I want to express a personal point of view to someone. Don't go far from your computer please.

Your analysis of my poll/thread is as shortsighted as your opinion on GT. You know there are 500 posts in it don't you? People answered my question and explained their answers, wether they want Kaz gone or not.

Hint: it's right under the OP...you can scroll with your keyboard.

Btw, do you really think I believe i can make Kaz fired? ... Even better: with ONE tweet !? OMG it must be so easy to be you!

Try a less condescending approach next time.

You can express anything you want. But if you want people to listen - people with influence - then you have to think about what you're communicating and how you're communicating it.

And no, I don't think you can fire Kaz with a tweet. But I also don't think that they're going to take you seriously if you're trying to promote that kind of messages.

You can keep the effin moon rover and all the other troll cars for yourself.
Hey hey hey, calm down there bud. GT is just trying something different, at least. Also, pCARS is just "another lousy sim racer", its nothing special either and its being overhyped as well.

Hey hey hey, calm down there bud. GT is just trying something different, at least. .

Moon rover is hardly new to the racing genre, I believe it first appeared in 1985 courtesy of Electronic Arts' Racing Destruction Set

Yes i got rid of gt6. So I guess you have me confused with someone else. Because I don't play this silly game anymore. However, seeing you can't distinguish between the members who post and who plays this game and who don't, my suggestion to you is to crawl back under your rock and zip it

Ha! Oops, guess I was more tired than I thought last night. My apologies. That still does leave the question though...why keep coming to the site if you don't even play GT anymore? You come on and complain about a game you don't even have...

Last edited:
Ha! Oops, guess I was more tired than I thought last night. My apologies. That still does leave the question though...why keep coming to the site if you don't even play GT anymore? You come on and complain about a game you don't even have...

Well...Maybe because he cares for the series and wishes it were back on top where it should always be.

When GT5 came out, we were pretty numerous complaining and worrying about GT's direction and lack of vision. 3 years later, GT6 comes out and we face the same problems: unfinished, boring, uninspired, incoherent, bugged, ridiculously archaic online, no leaderboards, etc...

So much that some of us did not buy the game... or sold it soon after ...or -like me- bought it second hand (fool me once...)...

And all of us who care about GT are allowed to express themselves.

Edit: Looking forward to reading people saying: "He did not even buy it new and dares to complain!!"
My money won't go to PD till they respect their fans. Period.

You can express anything you want. But if you want people to listen - people with influence - then you have to think about what you're communicating and how you're communicating it.

And no, I don't think you can fire Kaz with a tweet. But I also don't think that they're going to take you seriously if you're trying to promote that kind of messages.

So if I am nasty with PD/Sony, they will ignore my complaints? Well, you set their professionalism very low my friend.
How to deal with costumers' anger and how to react professionnaly in any circumstances IS the basics of PR.

And there is something else: if a costumer is angry and expresses himself in a rough way, at least he is honest and sincere. Any dev can respect that (as long as it's not insulting).
But what I would hate, as a game dev, is to recieve messages from gamers who pretend to know better than me how to make a game. I would find it condescending.... from people who have no clue how you make a game in the first place (I would still answer professionnaly though... cause it's my job...and not theirs).

Thinking PD does not know all our complains is naive... of course they know them: they visit GT planet, they read reviews, they see videos... what they need to know now is how angry and frustrated we are. And let everyone know it on twitter.

Just reading this topic, you can tell who really cares about GT, and who only cares about having the last word. It's so obvious that it hurts.
I don't think you want to say that in front of a mirror. ;)

I think I'm pretty clear what I mean when I make a post. God knows, they usually have so many words in them you shouldn't have any trouble, unless english isn't your native text. I will have to say though that persuading people by beating them up virtually isn't going to win you many converts, as ironman says. Might try another approach.

It reminds me of a job in which the shop manager was quite the bully. One day, a girl decided she'd had enough and tendered her two week notice. He began giving her some guff about quitting, evidently told her to shove off or something, and she blew up, screaming, "Why the hell do you want a two week notice then! JERK!" Or something worse, and stormed out. She got a lot of thumbs up as she left.

So if I am nasty with PD/Sony, they will ignore my complaints? Well, you set their professionalism very low my friend.
How to deal with costumers' anger and how to react professionnaly in any circumstances IS the basics of PR.

And there is something else: if a costumer is angry and expresses himself in a rough way, at least he is honest and sincere. Any dev can respect that (as long as it's not insulting).
But what I would hate, as a game dev, is to recieve messages from gamers who pretend to know better than me how to make a game. I would find it condescending.... from people who have no clue how you make a game in the first place (I would still answer professionnaly though... cause it's my job...and not theirs).

Thinking PD does not know all our complains is naive... of course they know them: they visit GT planet, they read reviews, they see videos... what they need to know now is how angry and frustrated we are. And let everyone know it on twitter.

PR is one thing. Making a change happen is something else. If all you wanted was a polite reply on Twitter then you've had it.

If you on the other hand wanted to promote the ideas and feedback of the community in order to make a change happen then it would have been better to use a different approach.

Isn't this basically the same thing you say every day across multiple threads, forums and twitter?

Interesting thread; there's something intrinsically good about reading someone's opinion, even if it's totally the opposite of one's own. Makes forming and refining an opinion more sophisticated, I guess.

Now the thing I'd like to add is that there's a lot of manipulation going on. For instance the starting post, which is imo, nothing less than an incoherent mess driven purely by negative emotions. Starting with a list of what's wrong with the game, which should be a nice way of starting when you're trying to convince people. However, due to the fact that it's full of preposterous superlatives (see what I did there?) and total non-objectiveness that makes it bear no value at all toward reaching the goal of actually getting those improvements. I mean, mentioning:

ridiculous online features...
The game provides the possibility to drive, race and drift with 16 people with some basic voice chat. What's ridiculous about it? Or do you mean that it could be improved? In that case...wording it by saying 'ridiculous' is pretty ridiculous in itself (the irony...). See what I mean about no objectiveness at all?

still no community update...still no new track... still no track editor...
From the very start, it was very clear that this was going to be included 'in the future'. There was never a time frame mentioned, so there is no ground to complain whatsoever. Unless you're being impatient and feel the need to spread the self-reinforced misery as strongly as possible to clutter up forums, of course.

but a constellation simulator, useless GT Vision/adaptive tesselation stuff that takes all the communication momentum...
Imagination.

...unfinished game lacking VERY important features...
Purely to fill up the list and completely lacking substance......now tell me, what 'VERY important feature' that is so important that 'very' needs to be in capital letters? :)

I am not even going to point all the problems one by one: anyone who is a regular on GTplanet knows what many in the community think of GT6: the series does not progress (enough).
My favourite: this is the definition of what a fallacy is. The only way of convincing is by pure emotion. And because it appears to be that lots of the audience have these kinds of emotions, it must be true. Oh, the logic. This is what politicians are famous for, right? :bowdown:

- Then there's the talk about vision: irrelevant.
- The analogy in which Yamauchi is compared to a movie director whose 'life span' has been reached: a black/white view which is totally inaccurate. Since I can make this analogy fit any random person in the world irrespective of his profession, what point does this even make? This is pure manipulation at its best.
- Mentioning competitors like Forza: if Forza's better, I'll buy Forza. Saying that PD should feel ashamed because you think that game is better....why is that our concern? lol.

But the real party piece is the final question:
So now, who here thinks Kaz should leave to let someone else renew the series with fresh ideas and a real vision?
A typical question to which everyone will 100% say 'yes' irrespectively of current satisfaction. Who doesn't like new things, especially when they are 'fresh'? I certainly do. But because of your 'clever' wording, I'd automatically would be in favor of firing Yamauchi, who supposedly hasn't got a 'real vision'...how unfortunate. Again: manipulation, much?

Now the thread title...telling the CEO should be sacked because you're not satisfied with the game and even angry? Since when are you in the position to decide that? That is just idiotic beyond measure. Do you really think the people who have an influence on that, are going to even take this any seriously at all? Or is it more likely that they are just laughing at this? Especially considering the wonky reasoning behind this statement.

I'm infinitely more respecting the people that are on this forum and point out the weaknesses of the game and stay factual, polite, think along well and generally discuss in a nice manner, rather than this pointless rant. What this is, is just a selfish ego boost in which you are trying to confirm your thoughts by shouting it out as loudly as possible. And while you're doing it, you're only focused on your view and therefore only look at the negatives.

It must be satisfying to read about people who think the same as you and even share some of your misery with them. But beware, if there are others who prove you wrong/have a different opinion/think ahead and have valid points, you start to become personal with preposterous claims like:

God Kaz's defenders never disappoint.
Just reading this topic, you can tell who really cares about GT, and who only cares about having the last word. It's so obvious that it hurts.
Just reading this topic, I can see who is only here to be miserable and who is here to properly discuss things while actually listening to others instead of spraying them with personal insults when they have a different opinion. :rolleyes:

Quite simply, if you want to make a point, this is _not_ the way to do so, not on the internet and certainly not in real-life, unless you're very, very naïve.

All in all, what an eyesore of a thread, whether or not you are satisfied about the game. :yuck:

Last edited:
Wall of ranting text...

What this is, is just a selfish ego boost in which you are trying to confirm your thoughts by shouting it out as loudly as possible. And while you're doing it, you're only focused on your view and therefore only look at the negatives.
Quite:lol:

At least I can move on now, instead of invading every single topic on this forum and try to sneak in some more 'I AM ANGRY AND YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW THAT YOU'VE BOUGHT A WORTHLESS GAME AND THAT PD IS THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD.'. :lol:

Nah, also couldn't be bothered to become all personal either; I'll leave that to the same sort of emotional folks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back