Why Make a V8 Prius? Because V8, That's Why

We already have one Jalopnik, don't need another one. Stick to video games.

GTPlanet has become more than just video games though, we now look to cover all things cars. It's really not a far stretch either since we'd imagine most sim racing fans are also automotive enthusiasts. There's still plenty of great video game content if that's what you're solely interested in.

GTPlanet has become more than just video games though, we now look to cover all things cars. It's really not a far stretch either since we'd imagine most sim racing fans are also automotive enthusiasts. There's still plenty of great video game content if that's what you're solely interested in.

I don't care that gtplanet is expanding beyond video games, I mostly just hate the Jalopnik "I CAN HAZ CAR" style news and clickbait headlines. The racing articles/reviews/community articles are great.

I can guarantee everyone who uses gtplanet has a source of automotive news that isn't gtplanet.

Last edited:
I don't care that gtplanet is expanding beyond video games, I mostly just hate the Jalopnik "I CAN HAZ CAR" style news and clickbait headlines. The racing articles/reviews/community articles are great.

You don't have to read them though. We need to cater to as many readers as possible in the community and not everyone is going to like everything.

And I'm not sure how they are clickbait. The title of this article pretty much tells you that someone stuffed a V8 in a Prius. If we'd said "You Won't Believe What Someone Did to This Car", then fair enough, it'd be clickbait.

Imagine this :
Wearing sunglasses on sunday drive.
At traffic light - a mustang driver stops besides you.
You look at him then wave at him.
He waves back.
You give hand signal as a question wanna race ?
Mustang driver laughs then gazes at you with serious look with hand signal ( you sure ? )
You nud your head to him.
Then he revs up.
You don't rev up.
He looks at you then asks with hand signal while laughing ( what's wrong ? )
Then you rev up the whole area shakes.
He looks around then looks at you then asks ( was that your car ? )
You answer ( yes with a little smile )
He shakes his head ( nonononono )
Then he gets serious ( ok then - don't regret it )
Race begins & you on purpose let him go - then you approach him slowly to his pace then asks with hand signal ( is that all ? )
He looks with serious eyes with head signal ( yes !? )
You signal him ( ok - bye bye )
Then you floor it.
He just leaves throttle with jaw drop on the floor.
A worthy priceless reaction LOL

Based off of the power ambitions, I wouldn't be shocked if it runs in the 8s when it's fully dialed in.

All the calculators I ran the numbers through show 8's are possible but I don't know enough about drag racings to say whether the car itself will be capable of it.

Roadkill, eat your heart out!

But, the Hellcat's V8 is a little overrated. Replace it, with a Toyota/Lexus 2UR-GSE V8 (plus, add a turbo/supercharger/or both.), and it's a purebred Toyota!

EDITED: I've almost forgot, give the the same amount of power, like the modified Hellcat V8. Or, even overtake its horsepower, by doubling/tripling it.

Last edited:
All the calculators I ran the numbers through show 8's are possible but I don't know enough about drag racings to say whether the car itself will be capable of it.
Based off my knowledge of drag racing (as a fan, not as a competitor simply because I can't afford to build a drag car), it's a combination of power, gearing, and suspension setup that dictates ET. Having been around it for a while and having watched it a ton, I've seen that cars running 150 in the quarter typically are high 8-low 9 second cars when they get the suspension setup down pat.

Roadkill, eat your heart out!

But, the Hellcat's V8 is a little overrated. Replace it, with a Toyota/Lexus 2UR-GSE V8 (plus, add a turbo/supercharger/or both.), and it's a purebred Toyota!

EDITED: I've almost forgot, give the the same amount of power, like the modified Hellcat V8. Or, even overtake its horsepower, by doubling/tripling it.
but, but it's a "hybrid"...

The Hellcat is probably way cheaper to get that much power out of though. All they really did was replace the big blower with a massive one. Plus this will be a marketing tool and American Racing Headers probably has more of a demand for its products from American V8 owners.

But then a Tesla pulls up, engages ludicrous speed and beats it to the next stop light. The rear window rolls down and the toddler in back holds up juice box, while watching My Little Pony. ;)
It's between ICE & ICE.
If you bring EV - it'll ruin the party X)

I want it on Gran Turismo Sport if you can't just give me a V8 Ford Focus.
As much as I'd love me a fast Prius, this is a drag-oriented one - I'm not really sure it's gonna perform well on tracks with turns. However, if it will, then yes please.

Meanwhile, in other (gaming-related) news: ...

Since you're new. This isn't the game based portion of the forums so your post doesn't really pertain to anything. This is the cars in general sub forum, if you look up below the gtplanet logo you'll always know where you're posting in the future...

Yeah. Don't let my post count fool you, I'm not new around here. Ive been coming to GTPlanet for the news a long while now (well before my profile indicates) and, somewhat to the point of a sentiment expressed earlier in this thread (though, I don't entirely agree with it), have lately seen the timelineness of reporting on actual gaming content waning a bit. In turn, I commented in this thread in the spirit of talking drag racing while keeping revelant with a part of the active discussion. If only Forza Motorsport 7 had a Prius could I make a stronger tie ...

Last edited:
I know. I butchered the multiquote on my mobile device and, as such, nixed the previous quotes.

Anyhow, Hellcat Prius is interesting. It amazes me they were able to tuck it all in behind the body panels ... and not have it all rip apart upon launch. Some talented craftsmen behind this one, for sure.

Back