Why no porsche in Forza 4? - Update Porsche DLC Incoming

Does anyone actually know when the EA Porsche license ends? These internet rumours are getting annoying. IF the EA Porsche license did end in December 2011, then Turn 10 might be currently modelling the 2012/13 Porsche range ready for DLC. We might have to wait until Forza 5 to get the returning Porsche's from FM3. That's my theory.

2015 my ass. I was right it did expire last year. :D

No, you're not. Forza 2 and 3 had Porsche while the exclusive EA license was still in place, this new deal for Forza 4 is no different. They've just come to an agreement with T10 to let them have the cars back in 4, after originally not reaching a deal before it was released.

I've seen so many people claim to know when the license ends but fact of the matter is EA nor Porsche have to my knowledge never publically said when it ends, so nobody really knows.

No, you're not. Forza 2 and 3 had Porsche while the exclusive EA license was still in place, this new deal for Forza 4 is no different. They've just come to an agreement with T10 to let them have the cars back in 4, after originally not reaching a deal before it was released.

I've seen so many people claim to know when the license ends but fact of the matter is EA nor Porsche have to my knowledge never publically said when it ends, so nobody really knows.

You're contradicting yourself a bit there mate. If nobody really knows the status of the EA-Porsche exclusivity license, then how can you claim that they've just come to an agreement with T10 to let them have the cars back into FM4? It could very well be that the license is done and open to all just as it could very well be what you claimed.

But to be on topic.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PORSCHE BACK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're contradicting yourself a bit there mate. If nobody really knows the status of the EA-Porsche exclusivity license, then how can you claim that they've just come to an agreement with T10 to let them have the cars back into FM4? It could very well be that the license is done and open to all just as it could very well be what you claimed.

Go back and re-read the Jalopnik link JoeyD put up. That's how SimonK knows.

Edit: Here's the link:
http://jalopnik.com/5890459/forza-motorsport-4-inks-deal-for-porsche-expansion-pack

But to be on topic.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PORSCHE BACK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back and re-read the Jalopnik link JoeyD put up. That's how SimonK knows.

Edit: Here's the link:
http://jalopnik.com/5890459/forza-motorsport-4-inks-deal-for-porsche-expansion-pack

What he said.

Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios and Electronic Arts have finally buried the hatchet to give car guys the Porsches they want to drive in Forza Motorsport 4.

That right there says EA still has the license, otherwise Turn 10 would've dealt with Porsche only. Since they had to come to an agreement with EA that tells us they still have the exclusive license.

I don't have access to to jalopnik at work. OK no biggy. Still, I love the fact that Porsche is back in FM4!!! And I hope whatever agreement was reached that we see PD going to EA and asking, and paying whatever, to finally get Porsche in GT5 via DLC.

I don't have access to to jalopnik at work. OK no biggy. Still, I love the fact that Porsche is back in FM4!!! And I hope whatever agreement was reached that we see PD going to EA and asking, and paying whatever, to finally get Porsche in GT5 via DLC.

I agree. I hope Porsche is welcome in GT5 as well, great to hear Porsche is coming back to FM4. Well duh, did anybody actually expect Turn 10 to just not have Porsche in their game since they're already modeled? :dunce:

Last edited:
I agree. I hope Porsche is welcome in GT5 as well, great to hear Porsche is coming back to FM4. Well duh, did anybody actually expect Turn 10 to just not have Porsche in their game since they're already modeled? :dunce:

I think it all depended on whether or not the OK was given. I thought I read that the Flying Lizard 911 gt3 rsr was modeled for AutoVista even, and Porsche being locked out meant we lost this car. Seen this car a few times racing in person, love it and will love it when it comes back into the game :):):)

I think it all depended on whether or not the OK was given. I thought I read that the Flying Lizard 911 gt3 rsr was modeled for AutoVista even, and Porsche being locked out meant we lost this car. Seen this car a few times racing in person, love it and will love it when it comes back into the game :):):)

Totally. 👍

I get the impression that Porsche events were already built into the game engine and that it was only a licensing delay of sorts.

marchi
I get the impression that Porsche events were already built into the game engine and that it was only a licensing delay of sorts.

I think so too. There are quite a few blacked out squares on the event list.

Last edited:
15years? I heard 10years was the deal. But no one knows the facts. Porsche has shown up in other racers, not just Forza Motorsports series within that time frame. There's Porsches even in GTR2 on PC which came out in 2006. So not sure if these were sublicensed as well or in the game due to FIA licensing. We know in Forza it's always been a sublicense.

God I hate EA for having this exclusivity deal... I really love the brand and wished it was in more racers, especially GT

I think so too. There are quite a few blacked out squares on the event list.

Well looking at it now, it seems they didn't allow them license in order to try and retain NFS sales. Putting them up now won't exactly make a massive difference to Forza sales. That ship was long gone.

I fully expect EA to get even tighter and tighter with their licenses soon enough. Their racing games are on the decline and it will only be a matter of time before they crack the whip.

I wouldn't count the blacked out squares as anything Porsche-related - well, maybe the left-most bank, but only that one, as that first block of events are all the European events (followed by Asian, then American, ones).

Well looking at it now, it seems they didn't allow them license in order to try and retain NFS sales. Putting them up now won't exactly make a massive difference to Forza sales. That ship was long gone.

I fully expect EA to get even tighter and tighter with their licenses soon enough. Their racing games are on the decline and it will only be a matter of time before they crack the whip.
This pessimism for the future sounds depressingly justified. Perhaps Turn 10 could play hardball and prohibit them from using Ferraris if they have any influence over the matter but that would make Turn 10 look hypocritical.

Back