Why no safety car?

• Thread starter F6310
  • 17 comments

F6310

Premium
barra_240t
barra240t
Just completed my first season in F1 2011. All races at 50% race length and I had the option turned on. No one seemed to crash.

Anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
I never had a safety car for a long time, but it happens eventually. Just hope that it doesn’t let Webber in first overtake and catch you in second instead with 5 laps to go:mad:

Just completed 1st season and had safety car in Valencia - someone tripped over my rear wheel and caused a pile up. Sat behind it for 2 laps - it was really cool but it should happen much more often.

In 3 seasons i've only had it once at monaco when karthikeyan spun out and crashed alonso/vettel (free first place whoo)

I've had two so far. One for a turn 1 pile up at Monaco and another after someone went into the side of me turn 1 at Spa. Although both were kind of my fault for being too aggressive into turn 1.

If any of you are playing on PC. Get over to race departments forums and try out some of their modified databases. Increased safety cars, more errors by AI etc. Makes the game much better.

Herro!

The developers have said that they have tweaked the safety car and the AI should be more accident prone for the 2012 game.

When I play it, they drive off or crash often, actually. It MIGHT be that I dont care about anything and just drives into everyone. I'm not a big fan of the game, picked it up for a couple bucks used at Game, and I'm terrible at it, so I just mess around.

The AI seems to never make a mistake. :(

I sure hope this is fixed in 2012!

They never do apart from one race for me, last race of the season in Brazil, 2 laps to go and 2nd to 7th all seem to pile up infornt of me, I reacted to late and joined that chaos, haha!

Only had the length set to 20%.

I was doing a 50% race at Korea when the safety car came out. Then looking at the race director, it showed that Alonso retired (I presume crashed). I think that is the third time there has been a safety car this season, the first one was in Melbourne of my doing, and the other was a Ai crash at Singapore.

I've only seen the safety car at Monaco and Singapore, but I'm not complaining.

Played 6 seasons and the only time I've had it come out is in a single race when I was Hamilton and Maldonado crashed me off at Valencia :lol:

We got stuck side by side on the bridge before the first straight.

Played 6 seasons and the only time I've had it come out is in a single race when I was Hamilton and Maldonado crashed me off at Valencia :lol:

:rolleyes:

After playing 4 seasons, the only time it came out was at Monaco in my first season. I was just driving and then poof safety car :D...

Back