Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2024 (Saturday race)Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 158 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After just three days of pre-season testing, the record-breaking 24 race 2024 season kicks off on the first weekend of March in Sakhir. Taking the mantle from Australia as season-opener since the COVID season, this circuit is celebrating it's 20th anniversary, moving it above Watkins Glen, Buenos Aires and Kyalami for number of F1 races hosted! Red Bull almost completed a perfect season in 2023, so has the pack caught up, or is it time to boot up the Dutch national anthem again? We'll find out at the BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX!
Screenshot_20240226-120921.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.412km

Race Distance
308.238 km

Lap Record
1:31.447
Pedro de la Rosa (2005)

PSA: This race is THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

Last edited:
I understand why NEXT weekend's race (in Jeddah) is Saturday as Ramadan starts that weekend. Is this weekend's race due to that as well?

Yes, so Saudi had to be adjusted to Saturday. Because of the regulations, there has to be at least 7 days between races, so Bahrain had to shift because it's back-to-back with Saudi.
3 Saturday races in a season is quite a feat.

Yes, so Saudi had to be adjusted to Saturday. Because of the regulations, there has to be at least 7 days between races, so Bahrain had to shift because it's back-to-back with Saudi.
3 Saturday races in a season is quite a feat.
Thank you for the clarification. Also explains why postponements don't really exist.

Yeah, part of the reason Belgium 2021 couldn't be rescheduled to Monday was that Monza was the following weekend.

Surprise surprise

Will there be any repercussions for dragging this guy’s name through the mud? Probably not.

"After careful consideration of the facts and certain minor extenuating circumstances (Horner signs the checks), we have found no evidence supporting the allegations. The woman in question has been traded to Haas."

Last edited:
Will there be any repercussions for dragging this guy’s name through the mud? Probably not.
The mud's certainly been considering its legal position on that front.

Anyway, if anyone wants to do Fantasy F1 this year the first round deadline is 1500 UTC on Friday - an hour before qualifying starts but after the practice sessions.

RB fastest in FP1 was not on my bingo card. Haas running in Qatar while everyone else is in Bahrain.

There's no way they're that slow. I don't want to believe it.
:lol:
If they are then they could be in trouble, we know the fast cars can be in the 29s, I know it's unlikely but could Haas fall foul of the 107% rule? Need to find at least 2 and a half seconds. Which should be doable considering the fastest time was a 32.8.

I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself but it's been a while since I've seen a Merc 1-2 with Max almost half a second down. Is Red Bull sandbagging??

Probably enough time this "weekend" to sort things out for RB pacewise. Haas also back on pace.

Last edited:
It looks like we might have a good 6 or so teams that are really close. I hope that's true and this competition remains like that throughout the year. Hoping for a banger of a season and not see one team, one driver take it all from the start.

Edit: well maybe it was too soon lol....Max already confirmed that they did not have their engine turned up yet so they for sure have more in the bag.

Here I was hoping for a competitive season and it might just be over already! 😮‍💨

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back