Why people hate 4WD drifter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep_Forest_Raceway_3.jpg

trololol, they even made a seasonal for this... :P

If it's going to close this is my only chance to post this...

For all of you people that think AWD is better than RWD for drifting, you might find this useful:
1686d1077300099-drift-for-dummies-help-me-out-guys-driftingdummies.gif

When I start driving in real life, I'm going to buy this book guaranteed :lol: .

"Why people hate 4WD drifter? "
If you can drift you can get on top 10 any DT what PD brings to you.....
Just take it or leave it :)
Real drifter can drift any car what you get..

"Why people hate 4WD drifter? "
Cos they cant never get on top10 on DT's :)

Well now in GT5's latest seasonals, the only thing that can get on the Top 10 is 4WD vehicles :scared: .

PD is getting stupid, they're running out of ideas for Seasonal apparently. :grumpy:

Meh? The only reason why Seasonal Events even exist in the game is because PD didn't focus enough on the events in A-Spec (who gives a 🤬 about B-spec). If GT5 had as much events, driving missions and license tests as GT4 did, then my guess is that all of us still wouldn't have completed the game yet had we played it the same way we have up until this point.

This is hilarious, I love drifting my Evo VI around because it's relaxing. I know how to and enjoy drifting RWD cars. It takes skill, but then again AWD is a different beast all together. It's two different styles. You guys freaking out about realism is comical. Honestly, to those of you who enjoy AWD drifting, just make a room with only AWD. Kick anyone with RWD cars. I would if I wasn't waiting for my PS3 to get fixed... :(

PD is getting stupid, they're running out of ideas for Seasonal apparently. :grumpy:

Agreed!!! And sector mode sucks!!! Why don't they just make one huge sector of a bunch of corners instead! Make people actually link stuff instead of just Speed 12 and spin wheels on racing line...

Agreed!!! And sector mode sucks!!! Why don't they just make one huge sector of a bunch of corners instead! Make people actually link stuff instead of just Speed 12 and spin wheels on racing line...

Exactly!!!

[PERSONAL OPINION] Slicks are for racing, and racing only[/PERSONAL OPINION]

Actually, I am pretty sure just about everyone else here will agree with me on this one.

+1,000

Don't put racing tires on a production car.
It ruins the fun.

Back to the topic; I think that 4WD/AWD makes it way too easy. For starters it's a great place to begin drifting. That's what I did. I got used to it then switched over RWD. Never looked back.

- 4WD/AWD tends to give big angles but the downfall is that your slides are shorter.
- RWD tends to give smaller angles but the length of slides you can pull are insane!

- 4WD/AWD tends to give big angles but the downfall is that your slides are shorter.
- RWD tends to give smaller angles but the length of slides you can pull are insane!

Not quite.

Here's some pros and cons to 4WD:

Pros
- Easier to control a drift.
- Like FWD, increasing angle with the e-brake is less risky and sometimes helpful.
- Almost no need to counter steer.

Cons
- Large angle drifts are very possible, but can't be maintained.
- Typically limited in ways to initiate a drift.
- Harder to chain drift.

Typically for 4WD, you have to get into the habit of steering a drift instead of counter-steering it, as counter-steering and applying throttle in a 4WD car will cause it to whip in the opposite direction, introducing you to the outside barrier.

Now as for RWD:

Pros
- Plenty of ways to initiate a drift.
- Offers the most control over drifts.
- Best drivetrain for maintaining long drifts with almost any angle.

Cons
- Offers the most control, but it also requires more finesse to control.
- Requires slower entry speeds (sometimes).
- More susceptible to different behavior on bumps and slope changes.

An adaptive driving ability is a definite plus to have when drifting RWD.

Now to answer the OP, some people frown upon 4WD drifting because it's faster and typically easier than RWD drifting. Some people claim that RWD is the only drivetrain capable of drifting and what 4WD does is not drifting (because they made the dictionary or something. I don't feel like provoking those people).

If you want my personal opinion, it really doesn't matter and this conflict will always be silly. FWD and RWD require very different methods to drift and drifting 4WD requires a blend of both drivetrain methods. All three drivetrains require a certain set of skills to drift, so it's all a matter of personal preference.

Now as for RWD:

Pros
- Plenty of ways to initiate a drift.
- Offers the most control over drifts.
- Best drivetrain for maintaining long drifts with almost any angle.

Cons
- Offers the most control, but it also requires more finesse to control.
- Requires slower entry speeds (sometimes).
- More susceptible to different behavior on bumps and slope changes.

Exactly, RWD is harder, we have skills that AWD drifters sometimes don't have and we can do things AWD drifters can't do with their cars. As for what you said about slower entries, yeah sometimes but not most of the times. This video here that I made proves you can do high speed entries with RWD.

Really who brought this back up? Getting ready to copy and paste my quotes from the D1 handbook... My thumbs are ready... So glad i saved them... But really is this discussion over yet i have and plenty ot hers have posted valid reasons why AWD drifters are hated... And i believe this should be over by now... How many ways do we need to word it? Will this ever end... Mav i know you know what i mean by this you have heard me say it many times but this thread is to the point "i am getting ready to play some country music" and you know what happens then...

Oh please, RWD users have more skills? It's a video game folks. It's supposed to be fun. You guys are reminiscent of the MW2 Quickscopers v. Hard scopers. Lol at all of you.

Oh please, RWD users have more skills? It's a video game folks. It's supposed to be fun. You guys are reminiscent of the MW2 Quickscopers v. Hard scopers. Lol at all of you.

And the outcome was that everyone went on to do whatever they felt like with sniper rifles in MW2.

Oh and regarding if RWD users have more skills? I couldn't care less either, if a dude can trail me in a 4WD and not bump me in my RWD I'm fine with that, but unfortunately most 4WD drifters can't do that.

I said it in general, real life & GT5.

Am I the only one who is surprised this thread has not been locked yet? All I have to say is that if you do drift AWD your actually drifting and not rallying and that you can also drift FR as well. It is better to drift RWD though.

Ok... A lot of people buy GT for being a driving simulator... On that note people make realistic rooms for running the same rules as in real life... I race and drift and when i am doing that i like to do things according to how the events are set up in real life... I join rooms that are set up like that too... Like i have said many times and worded it many different ways before... AWD drifters are not hated... You guys join rooms that are set up to have regulations similar to real life D1... In the D1 handbook it plainly states "the only drive methods allowed shall be FR, MR, RR, and FF" if you don't believe me here is where i am getting this info.... http://www.d1gp.com/latest/d1gp-rule-book
Also i believe in that handbook it states one reason AWDs are banned is because it is unsafe for them to follow RWDs because of there speed... So on that note it really is just the rooms you guys go into that you guys have problems of being kicked... I mean can we all stop fighting over something that is self explanatory...

Also (not saying i am the best because i know i am not) if you AWD drifters are wanting to learn how to drift RWD cars... I am offering to teach you what i know just add Swift313s-KushDC tell me a good time for you and we can set a time to help you... I am really good on the controller... Not so much yet on the wheel... Still working on tandeming i have been teaching myself with some help from some good friends of mine... But if you want to learn i will teach you what i know... I will be patient with you and take my time to help you all i ask is for you to listen... I have been considering starting a class basically to do so and mid way through to ask for a car or something but i probably won't ask for anything... Just let me know... Thanks

I have told you that AWD drifters are hated, just not by some and/or most. Note one of my posts:

EliteDreamer
Wrong. I created a room a few days back and the hatred for any 4WD car on the track was immense. Once the 4WD car went through a few laps at least 2 people had to mention him being there. Such a problem they are, complaining about how they "suck" and everything.

I had also created another room some time later, same results. There's a little more to it, but I don't think detail is necessary.

maveric25
I said it in general, real life & GT5.

Oh okay so if I like to play around in an EVO VI tuned with CS tyres, that means you have more skill than me not only in GT5, but also driving in real life. That's like saying because I'm terrible at sports video games and someone else is good, they must be on another level athletically then me. Fine if you're better in a video game, but never say you are better in real life. Video games don't even come close to comparing with the real thing.

Oh okay so if I like to play around in an EVO VI tuned with CS tyres, that means you have more skill than me not only in GT5, but also driving in real life. That's like saying because I'm terrible at sports video games and someone else is good, they must be on another level athletically then me. Fine if you're better in a video game, but never say you are better in real life. Video games don't even come close to comparing with the real thing.

I didn't mean that :grumpy: What I meant is that professional RWD drifters in real life have more skills than AWD powersliders & it's true. Compare an "AWD tandem" against a RWD tandem. You'll notice it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back