Why Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, and Deep Forest Aren't in GT Sport (Yet)

Oh, man.

I'm not happy with promises.

I calm down with concrete actions.

After five years of GT6, GTS appears as a skinny and malnourished game in relation to content.

We can not rest easy in the face of these concrete facts.

If Yamauchi-san told me that in 2018 he will bring more than 20 tracks and 200 cars, i would be happy and calm.

But I doubt very much about the history of PD. It's too slow. Too much. A lot.

See for yourself! Kaz just admitted that they are only now reworking in Deep Forest!

What? What have they done in the last five years?

So, by the way, if there are 5 circuits in 2018, it will be a herculean victory.
Well, that's you mate. I'll personally just wait and see if they do deliver on these promises. I don't have any doubt that they won't as they have delivered on some of the things that were already planned for GTS(except the supposed features from GT6 that they "didn't" drop).

Red Rock Valley needs to come back.

It is the best "oval" ever created.

Since GT2 it does not appear.

The time is now! Please, Kaz!

Bring Red Rock Valley!

It is better than any oval.

With the new lighting engine I do not want to imagine how I would look with that beautiful sunset ... God, I love the circuits of fantasy, as someone said above, if we want the same real circuits there are other games.

Attentive, I would like to see Laguna Seca, Circuit of the Americas but I do not think it is a priority, GT is its fictional circuits

By the way, I had already noticed that, it is quite noticeable that the circuits are narrower, it is probably remodeled with a surface with slopes and bumps that make it more realistic. I think that from now on the circuits will be "premium" so as not to have to waste time doing them and doing them again

Don't know what the fuss about La Sarthe is...I never heard a racing driver gush over that track.

It's less about the actual venue and more about its historical significance, and the experience itself. Strip those qualities away and the Flavian Amphitheater is just a rubble of old rocks. I've competed at many tracks before, but competing at Le Mans is something I will never, ever forget.

EDIT: I will agree that, in a video game - where none of that essence gets captured - the track is stale. It's one of those "More about the journey, less about the destination" sort of things.

I just want my Laguna Seca back...

With the new lighting engine I do not want to imagine how I would look with that beautiful sunset ... God, I love the circuits of fantasy, as someone said above, if we want the same real circuits there are other games.

Attentive, I would like to see Laguna Seca, Circuit of the Americas but I do not think it is a priority, GT is its fictional circuits

By the way, I had already noticed that, it is quite noticeable that the circuits are narrower, it is probably remodeled with a surface with slopes and bumps that make it more realistic. I think that from now on the circuits will be "premium" so as not to have to waste time doing them and doing them again
It is true.

I believe one of the big problems is the bumps and, for obvious reasons, Kaz wants to remove them to make the circuits more plausible.

Red Rock Valley would be a beauty.

It's a challenging circuit. The chicanes require a lot of skill and any mistake in the layout you're left behind.

And as I said before, I think it would be valid to increase the mileage of the original circuits.

Deep Forest is 3.6km. Could increase to 4.6km. It would increase some straight lines and curves.

Even to help behave twenty cars in online mode. It will spin very tight and with several stragglers.

Or rather, it could create variations. New and alternative tracks variations, just as it was done in Kyoto.

Last edited:
Hoping they don't leave Apricot Hill and Midfield in the dust just a few years after they were redesigned as well. :(

IMO, I believe Apricot Hill's recent revisions to the circuit would fit well with the feel of GT Sport. I am not too sure about the other classic GT circuits due to layouts and other features (bridges, rock walls and natural barriers, scaling, etc.). Only time will tell to see what will be included or not.

Best thing PD could do for the 20th anniversary is add some tracks from GT1, maybe add some cars from the game.

Here's hoping the original tracks don't lose much of their personality if they do get redesigns. I trust PD on this one though, as I'd say GT6's versions of Apricot Hill and Midfield turned out quite nice.

Meanwhile on Dragon Trail...

View attachment 702261
Yeah but the track didn't originally have ripple strips that big. By the sounds of things, the ripple strips were much much larger than the cars when imported into GT Sport. By more than 30 centimetres I think.

So we can expect Deep Forest to come sometime next year, right? I hope we get some others but I have a few questions about them. These were questions I had before the release of this game; before the track list was known.
-Some sections of the original circuits may not be safe according to FIA standards. Does the layout get altered in certain places to fit their regulations?
-If it doesn't fit the regulations, is it simply withheld from use within the FIA Online Championships?
-This presents a moral dilemma - do you abide by the FIA's regulations and kill the character, or do you simply remake the classic variation? Warts and all?
-Does the FIA even have the ability to prevent the inclusion of tracks if it doesn't fit their regulations?
You see, the new tracks were created specifically for the FIA Online Championships, following rules which allow it to be used in the Online Championships - there's tarmac run-off, plenty of big curbs to clobber and a safe entry into the pits. I hope the FIA doesn't make it difficult for PD to implement the classic tracks we know and love.

seguna leca

Meanwhile, at Seguna Leca...

Wienermobile_LagunaSecacrop.jpg

It would be magical if the PD increased the scale of the original circuits, increasing the mileage of some lines and curves, but without losing the original design.

Not it wouldn't, they did that to Grand Valley and made high-speed ring bigger. Grand Valley was still good but alot less challenging and HSR became crappy. I really like broad bean because its effectively HSR condensed to remove the S in the middle. If BB was bigger it would be the worst track in the game. HSR went from being my favorite GT 1-2 track to my least favorite in GT 5-6 when they made it bigger

Yeah but the track didn't originally have ripple strips that big. By the sounds of things, the ripple strips were much much larger than the cars when imported into GT Sport. By more than 30 centimetres I think.

So we can expect Deep Forest to come sometime next year, right? I hope we get some others but I have a few questions about them. These were questions I had before the release of this game; before the track list was known.
-Some sections of the original circuits may not be safe according to FIA standards. Does the layout get altered in certain places to fit their regulations?
-If it doesn't fit the regulations, is it simply withheld from use within the FIA Online Championships?
-This presents a moral dilemma - do you abide by the FIA's regulations and kill the character, or do you simply remake the classic variation? Warts and all?
-Does the FIA even have the ability to prevent the inclusion of tracks if it doesn't fit their regulations?
You see, the new tracks were created specifically for the FIA Online Championships, following rules which allow it to be used in the Online Championships - there's tarmac run-off, plenty of big curbs to clobber and a safe entry into the pits. I hope the FIA doesn't make it difficult for PD to implement the classic tracks we know and love.
I think this is the most questionable bit (on DFR). In GT 6 Quick Matches so many people ran straight across the section in the background gaining time, even with a penalty.
1708124-deep_forest_raceway_4.jpg

Latest Posts

Back