Why Trial Mountain, Grand Valley, and Deep Forest Aren't in GT Sport (Yet)

Unlike most, I'm actually happy with the game in general except for one key thing: TRACKS!!! I'm honestly bored with the game now because of the lack of tracks. I don't want more track layouts. That one we got in the last update was a joke. Just give me Laguna Seca already lol. I'll actually miss Daytona Road Course if its not included next month. My dream track added to the game would be Sportsland SUGO. I don't need Grand Valley, Deep Forest or Trail Mountain. But they would be nice to have if we can't get more REAL world tracks.

I don’t understand why high speed ring is not part of the trinity. It’s been there since one and a amazing track too. Also special stage route 11 needs more love too. :( i need to sit down after reading this article.

Took pics out of Gran Turismo 1 Prima strategy guide. Ahhh the pain :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 176
Monza - Spa - Red Bull ......
Wonder why they are missing?

I don’t understand why high speed ring is not part of the trinity. It’s been there since one and a amazing track too. Also special stage route 11 needs more love too. :( i need to sit down after reading this article.

Took pics out of Gran Turismo 1 Prima strategy guide. Ahhh the pain :(

Because High Speed Ring wasn’t in six games in a row like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, and Grand Valley. It was absent from GT3.

And what about Tsukuba ? I love that track, had great cup races in GT5 and 6.

And hopefully together with a second version, with the longer right-left corner after the big Dunlop (?) bridge instead of the 'simple' lefthander.

Trial Mountain and High Speed Ring were always great tracks to test your car settings.

About scaling up, I don't know. When they scale up Deep Forest, that last corner isn't a challenge anymore. God knows how many players end up in pitbox due to oversteering and messed up their(our) races. By scaling up, that unique feeling will vanish and making it a silly last corner.

Long story short, what's wrong with short tracks? More original (not upscaled) tracks will be good (for cars and karts).

Deep Forest huh? I think we need some kind of "road map" of what is coming in 2018.
I think that would be a good idea with many game companies, but with PD... Best to not get our hopes up :lol:

Grand Valley speedway is the best for racing. The others 2 are meh to me.
I would prefer something like Chamonix from GT4, Citta di Aria, Tahiti Maze... I mean there are just so many original fun tracks to pick, dragon tail is exceptionally boring, even Cape Ring is 10 times better.

Maaaan... Forget Deep Forest and Trial Mountain, Bring back SSR11 (GT1 Version) and Red Rock Valley alongside Grand Valley Speedway!! Those two circuits were beautifully made and I feel that they would fit perfectly in GT Sport's current theme at the moment.

Wishful thinking I know.

With the new lighting engine I do not want to imagine how I would look with that beautiful sunset ... God, I love the circuits of fantasy, as someone said above, if we want the same real circuits there are other games.

Attentive, I would like to see Laguna Seca, Circuit of the Americas but I do not think it is a priority, GT is its fictional circuits

By the way, I had already noticed that, it is quite noticeable that the circuits are narrower, it is probably remodeled with a surface with slopes and bumps that make it more realistic. I think that from now on the circuits will be "premium" so as not to have to waste time doing them and doing them again
Imagine coming out of the tunnel in High Speed Ring and rushing into the sunlight on GTS.

It's nice to know, but I'm just gonna throw this out there... are those 'holy trinity' of GT circuits actually deserving of inclusion - or is it 'just' nostalgia that makes people want them?

It's not a matter of nostalgia at this point, I just want MORE TRACKS. GTS desperately needs more tracks and the reason I want these tracks in GTS is because logically it should be 'easy' for PD to include them since they wouldn't have to worry about licensing anything. But in the end it's really not that easy.. they'd have to upgrade the graphics so much to get them up to the Kaz standard I highly doubt we'll see more than a couple of tracks added in 2018 if any at all.

I hate to break this to all the Kaz faithfuls in here, but as somebody who has gotten insight into track modelling, those excuses are a hot bunch of bull:censored:, like a lot of what the man says.

Replacing trees on a track is a 2 day job for a good track modeller, at max. And that whole "But there are curbs wider than cars!" nonsense is just ridiculous when there are curbs 1.5 times as wide as a car on their new fictional tracks... Come on man, at least put some effort in the nonsense you are telling people. The only thing that would actually require some major work would be retexturing and terrain remodelling. Textures could surely be sourced out of the library used for other fictional tracks, though.

I hate to break this to all the Kaz faithfuls in here, but as somebody who has gotten insight into track modelling, those excuses are a hot bunch of bull:censored:, like a lot of what the man says.

Replacing trees on a track is a 2 day job for a good track modeller, at max. And that whole "But there are curbs wider than cars!" nonsense is just ridiculous when there are curbs 1.5 times as wide as a car on their new fictional tracks... Come on man, at least put some effort in the nonsense you are telling people. The only thing that would actually require some major work would be retexturing and terrain remodelling. Textures could surely be sourced out of the library used for other fictional tracks, though.
Common sense? PD skipped that lesson for ages. There are infinite nonsense that PD has done throughout the GT's, you should know that we're not dealing with the most rational company there.

I have read the whole thread and several people seem to think alike. Obviously Kaz also stumbled across the idea that the classic fictional tracks need to be reworked in order to make them look authentic. Long before GT Sport was released I also thought that they need an overhaul because it was just odd for me to see e.g. GT500 race on circuits with natural barriers and zero run-off areas.

So back in 2015 I have started working on a modernized version of Trial Mountain. Because I really suck at drawing I used SketchUp to visualize my ideas.

As you can see I didn't alter the layout. I tried to replicate the circuits elevation changes as close as possible because the combination of them and the actual layout is what makes it special.

TM-top.JPG

The game version of turn 1 doesn't have any run-off at all although it is a pretty fast and demanding corner. Therefore I added a small strip of asphalt after the grass in order to allow the driver to catch the vehicle before it slips into the gravel trap. The pit exit has also been altered because cars leaving the pit in the game version are going straight into the driving line for turn 1.

TM-turn1.JPG

The Tunnel in turn 4 has been ditched by me because you arrive at pretty high speed after the fast left-hand kink which is turn 3 and subsequently run-off is needed which is impossible/totally unrealistic if you have a tunnel.

TM-turn4.JPG

I have also revised the pit entry and the final chicane to make the pit more spacious and to provide a more safe final turn. I haven't touched the montaneous part of the circuit yet.

TM-pit_entry.JPG

TM-chicane.JPG

TM-start.JPG

Edit: Maybe we need a seperate thread to discuss needed changes for this and other original circuits and to make side by side comparisons.

I would like PD team go to Latvia, Riga and laserscan Bikernieku Trase Riga. And then recreate it in GTSport.
Comon, it's not bad there in summer an food is really nice there. And also, it may revive the real track. I remember when it was almost abandoned, maybe now something changed, not sure...

These three are now pretty boring. Some classic tracks that didn't make the last two editions deserved attention over these three. Imo.

He adds: “The problem that we had with some of the older tracks from previous Gran Turismo games was the scale being off in certain places. The size of the trees are very large, or the width of the curbstones, etc. There were curbstones that were wider than cars​
I can't take anything Kaz says seriously.​

Last edited:
Monza - Spa - Red Bull ......
Wonder why they are missing?
Pretty sure they blew their licensing budget on Suzuka, which is said to be the most expensive track to get rights for. Ever wondered why there’s no Suzuka in AC or PC? ;)

Back