Why you dont use AWD cars, and tires above comfort hard to drift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then so is that to say I cant join your lobbies because I choose to drift on CS when I clearly have the same intention as every one else in this forum, to drift the way I want to and have fun doing it.

the reason this lobby was made I presume is to try and get 4wd and non comfort hard users to have their own lobbies and don't join traditional rwd, comfort hard only lobbies.
Why aren't the lobbies restricted to CH tires only then, AWD couldn't use sports compound. Once again like I said before how many AWD people do you actually see in the drift section this argument is pointless on GTP the people that are annoying you are randoms entering your lobbies not GTP users and I expect if they were they wouldn't be trying to stuff your clipping point lines up.

I don't think drifting is about speed, alot of people who watch FD have been brainwashed to believe speed is the most important factor while drifting now..

The whole basics of drifting was based around speed it was the technique used in touge to clear SOME corners faster it just became fun to drift them all. Speed is the single most major factor to all motorsport drifting not being any different
I use ch's all the time and when I want I'm quicker than all the people that I've drifted with that use anything up to sm's.
your in a team aren't you tell me that speed wont be a factor when your competing with them there are some teams on here that have been around for quite a long time that you will have trouble matching their speed.

Sorry if I come across blunt Im not trying to start any thing Its just funny to see points like CH tires are pure skill AWD drivers cant drift its power sliding this thread should have never been started. The OP knew exactly what he was doing posting this thread and the kind of responses that he would get. This is hardly a community its just somewhere to start arguments.

LMFAO this is so wrong on so many levels.
1. CH tires have less grip which makes them easier to drift which is why it is the chosen tire of the community nothing to do with skill.

2.Softer tire compound means more grip which means in a high speed drift 10x more steering input than CH anyone who uses a wheel will back this up hence the constant snap back if you don't correct or adjust quick enough. So yes to control this requires more skill;).

3. you assume just because you have better tires means that the tire is doing most of the work and not the driver or the tire is part of your skill level :confused:.

I prefer to use CS personally for my style of drifting its what I've found to have the right level of grip and slip FOR ME. I just wish the community would also try different compounds maybe if they gave it a bit more of a go and stuck at it and pushed through the barriers they might like what they try instead of doing the obvious and slapping on CH tires and sliding around on ICE sorry what you call skill:lol:. Higher tire compound would mean the gt drift scene would be evolving, faster drifting, higher skill to tandem CLOSELY and more control of there cars with better throttle response.

I don't mean to offend anyone I just cant understand how someone can think that a tire compound that will slide at a tap of the brakes requires more skill than a softer compound that requires a lot more effort to keep in a drift I mean an actual drift not power slide.

I agree.

Ok then so is that to say I cant join your lobbies because I choose to drift on CS when I clearly have the same intention as every one else in this forum, to drift the way I want to and have fun doing it.

Why aren't the lobbies restricted to CH tires only then, AWD couldn't use sports compound. Once again like I said before how many AWD people do you actually see in the drift section this argument is pointless on GTP the people that are annoying you are randoms entering your lobbies not GTP users and I expect if they were they wouldn't be trying to stuff your clipping point lines up.

The whole basics of drifting was based around speed it was the technique used in touge to clear SOME corners faster it just became fun to drift them all. Speed is the single most major factor to all motorsport drifting not being any different
your in a team aren't you tell me that speed wont be a factor when your competing with them there are some teams on here that have been around for quite a long time that you will have trouble matching their speed.

Sorry if I come across blunt Im not trying to start any thing Its just funny to see points like CH tires are pure skill AWD drivers cant drift its power sliding this thread should have never been started. The OP knew exactly what he was doing posting this thread and the kind of responses that he would get. This is hardly a community its just somewhere to start arguments.

I'm done...

Actually, one more thing.
Yes drifting evolved from touge so how come drifting now isn't judge by timed runs if speed is the single most important factor ?

Last edited:
You said it yourself it evolved name one comp where it isn't a key factor Lead car sets a pace following car has to match pace and angle Whether you like it or not each run starts with speed. :sly: Even GT6 you need enough speed to initiate a drift that will hold through a corner :cheers:

So say I'm chasing and the lead car takes the corner at a higher speed than me, he's gonna have less angle and most like a cr*p line.
All I need to do is make a clean run and I win the round.
Too say I have to match their speed and angle whether I like or not is wrong.

I'm pretty sure in comps everyone is made to use a similar grip level of tyre.
So if some guy is pulling away from everyone constantly while leading. Then they can't pull away while leading because he's sticking on their door and they can't do a thing about it, seems a bit unfair right?

Also in GT6 you don't need a lot of speed to initiate a drift that will hold through a corner.

So say I'm chasing and the lead car takes the corner at a higher speed than me, he's gonna have less angle and most like a cr*p line.
All I need to do is make a clean run and I win the round.
Too say I have to match their speed and angle whether I like or not is wrong.

I'm pretty sure in comps everyone is made to use a similar grip level of tyre.
So if some guy is pulling away from everyone constantly while leading. Then they can't pull away while leading because he's sticking on their door and they can't do a thing about it, seems a bit unfair right?

Also in GT6 you don't need a lot of speed to initiate a drift that will hold through a corner.
Ok I obviously have to explain this to you so here we go.

1.Who is to say that because your going faster your going to have a cr*p line this is ridiculous.
2. Yes if the lead car ran a cr*p line and the follow ran a clean line he would indeed win the round.
3.Competitive drifters often run DOT-approved tires closer to racing tires, which is permitted, with the exception of some major championships including D1GP which only permits commercially available tires that are approved by them. Professional drifting has come to a point where the maximum amount of tire grip is necessary to be competitive in terms of sustaining speed, and stability in a drift.
4. if some guy was pulling away from everyone and sticking to there door I would call this a skilled driver:lol: in any case is a 200hp AE86 up against a 500hp S15 unfair HELL NO the AE86 is that drivers choice he has to work harder for the win.
5.Of course YOU don't need a lot of speed because you are using CH tires which is the lowest grade tire, and this is in the eyes of the TRADITIONAL drifting lobbies is the norm, and this my friend is why the gt6 drifting world will not evolve.

So please except my apologies for disturbing this thread with my infinite non-sense I will now crawl back under the rock from which I came.

Good day to you sir.:sly:

So please except my apologies for disturbing this thread with my infinite non-sense I will now crawl back under the rock from which I came.

Damn bro I wanna learn more from this rock that your tutelage came from he sound wise and as old as fek man :cheers:

1.Who is to say that because your going faster your going to have a cr*p line this is ridiculous.
2. Yes if the lead car ran a cr*p line and the follow ran a clean line he would indeed win the round.
3.Competitive drifters often run DOT-approved tires closer to racing tires, which is permitted, with the exception of some major championships including D1GP which only permits commercially available tires that are approved by them. Professional drifting has come to a point where the maximum amount of tire grip is necessary to be competitive in terms of sustaining speed, and stability in a drift.
4. if some guy was pulling away from everyone and sticking to there door I would call this a skilled driver:lol: in any case is a 200hp AE86 up against a 500hp S15 unfair HELL NO the AE86 is that drivers choice he has to work harder for the win.
5.Of course YOU don't need a lot of speed because you are using CH tires which is the lowest grade tire, and this is in the eyes of the TRADITIONAL drifting lobbies is the norm, and this my friend is why the gt6 drifting world will not evolve.

In other words, we're back to the good old: Gt as much grip as you can handle, because speed is all that matters. Which is what is wrong with the competitions nowadays. They should introduce extreme levels when it comes to tires and grip.

I don't think drifting is about speed, alot of people who watch FD have been brainwashed to believe speed is the most important factor while drifting now

I believe in speed drifting because I'm a time attack guy, personally.

It really isn't harder to drift with a softer compound, it's just better if everyone uses a tyre that's a more tandem friendly.

The only way tires can make a drift more tandem friendly would be if both users had the same tires. In fact, it doesn't really matter as long as both can hold a respective line and angle comparative to each other.[/quote]

Actually, one more thing.
Yes drifting evolved from touge so how come drifting now isn't judge by timed runs if speed is the single most important factor ?

No it came from rally racing! :)

I believe in speed drifting because I'm a time attack guy, personally.

The only way tires can make a drift more tandem friendly would be if both users had the same tires. In fact, it doesn't really matter as long as both can hold a respective line and angle comparative to each other.
No it came from rally racing! :)

Yes then if you speed drift make a lobby for it don't join our rooms then complain we're too slow.

Yes that's why we use ch's so tandems are funner. It keeps everyone at a realistic speed through corners.

Oh okay so you're trying to say the Japanese started drifting in touge.
Only because they heard about it from rally racing ?
You could not be more wrong about it.

The drifting forum has pissed off the drifting gods with this thread.

this+meme+goes+from+quot+confessions+bear+quot+to+quot+unpopular+opinions+bear+quot+_6056134a7b472e60adda47b452011a42.gif

Yes then if you speed drift make a lobby for it don't join our rooms then complain we're too slow.

Never did I complain that everyone in normal rooms were slow.

Yes that's why we use ch's so tandems are funner. It keeps everyone at a realistic speed through corners.

You seemed to have completely ignored the second sentence once the first one was read.

Oh okay so you're trying to say the Japanese started drifting in touge.
Only because they heard about it from rally racing ?
You could not be more wrong about it.

Here. More of an over all response since this thread has strong ties with this recent one, and you'll find why I linked you there in it. Oh and I've always believed in drifting origins lying in rally prior to reading that thread.

Last edited:
Never did I complain that everyone in normal rooms were slow.

You seemed to have completely ignored the second sentence once the first one was read.

Here. More of an over all response since this thread has strong ties with this recent one, and you'll find why I linked you there in it. Oh and I've always believed in drifting origins lying in rally prior to reading that thread.

I didn't say it was you who joins our rooms did I?
I meant people in general who join and complain.

If you seriously believe that drifting didn't evolve from Japan than you're basically saying the Japanese lied that they were the first to start doing it.

You never hear anyone anywhere when describing drifting say that it didn't originate from Japan while being used as a racing technique in the touge.

Just make different lobbies for AWD's and also for people who use anything other than ch's.
It's really not that difficult to do, if you do that you'll find these stupid threads will stop being created.

No one said you're not allowed to use AWD or tyres other than ch's, just we'd like you to use them in your own lobbies.

It's just common sense. You's think that someone makes these threads to have a go at you for using AWD's in general, no it's because people join a 'rwd ch only' lobby and them whine over the chat or their mic that they can't use a AWD or grippier tyres.

You can see what the room settings and restrictions are before you join a room, if you don't like them don't join. You're just gonna get kicked as soon as you start complaining.

Just think about what makes more sense -
Everyone with different drivetrain and tyre compounds in the same room.
Or different rooms for drivetrains and tyres.

Can we just get this thread locked already? The arguments have gone on for longer than they should have. The true outcome of all of this is very, very simple: Let people play how they want to. In the end, it's just a racing simulator with sandbox game undertones. Sandbox games allow you to play however you want with few limitations. Several examples of a true sandbox game is Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto, and Garry's Mod (GMod or G-Mod). GT6 is limited in certain ways to the point where it can't entirely be classified as a sandbox game. But it still allows you to play however you want. Whether it is hardcore flat-out racing with the fastest cars in the game, races in micro cars just for pure fun and to have a laugh, or even drift.

One day, I hope to see the entire community get along and realize these things. I also hope that the drifters can have a laugh after completing several tandem laps in their RWD cars when they see a Bugatti Veyron or Fiat 500 pull a reverse entry or some other crazy maneuver in an even crazier car. *Cough* Peugeot 908!

Simple. Drifting is about making the car oversteer. The less grip, the easier it is to get the car to slide.

And again, i quote 2013, Formula D drivers, Aasbø And Gitten Jr.
More grip = higher speed drift = winning!
Thats why, lets say norwegian reallife drifters, who play GT6, usually use sports hard. Because you have more grip, what means more speed, and that results in winning (ofc you need the power to keep the rear end out tho)

I sort of want to kiss you and hug you (no homo, just to show how much i thank you for joining us who tries to talk the Comfort Hard gods into sense)

And again, i quote 2013, Formula D drivers, Aasbø And Gitten Jr.
More grip = higher speed drift = winning!
Thats why, lets say norwegian reallife drifters, who play GT6, usually use sports hard. Because you have more grip, what means more speed, and that results in winning (ofc you need the power to keep the rear end out tho)

Typical FD fanboy comment don't you think?
Drifting is about line and angle, speed is taken into judgement last.

This is a silly thing to argue about. I thought drifting is suppose to be fun? Where did all of these guidelines come from? If someone wants to drift their own way who's to say it's the "wrong way?" If the result is the same(mainly impressing women :P)what does it matter?

Typical FD fanboy comment don't you think?
Drifting is about line and angle, speed is taken into judgement last.

FD Fanboy, no. But i like where drifting is heading. Getting massive angle and line is easy. Wisefab and a decent engine = lots of angle and lines. But when it comes to competition, you will need something else to judge by.
Acually, speed, angle and clippingpoints are equally counting. then you have the instant zeros: Dirtdrop, Touching the leading car, spin out, stalling, have the wheels aligned with the car (as in straight ahead) (other than the transaction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back